Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Managing Agents

Options
  • 14-10-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, Could someone solve an argument for me please. I live in a development which is looking to change Managing agent. I maintain all changes must be authorised by Directors of the Management Co ( which in our case is still the developer) some others argue we can charge ahead and do as we like...who is right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The property owners are the shareholders and at an AGM/EGM there can be a motion to change the agent, which the directors would have to respect (but considering their duties as directors).

However, the directors do have day to day control.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yes, the directors must approve the change of management agents.

But, as Victor says, if you propose a motion at the AGM/EGM, then it would be highly unusual for the directors to go against the direction of the shareholders/members.

Advertisement