Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packet Data msg

Options
  • 14-10-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I did a search but could not seem to get a clear reason why its happening and if it is possible to turn it off. I have a nokia E63 on the 02 network and every so often I get the "packet data active" msg. Was wondering why this happens and is it possible to turn it off with out affect any function on the phone. I have also noticed in the top left hand corner of the phone screen be side the signal bar I have an E with two lines under it.
    I am using 02's internet add on which i get my pop email through. In the settings in the phone I have the access point set to "02 internet" would this be correct.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes, all you have said is correct. You are getting the message, at times when the connection changes. When you make a call, the data transfer will be stopped, and then when you end the call, the emails will resync and you will get the message, packet data active :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks, if I go into settings in the fone and turn it off what would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cubix wrote: »
    Thanks, if I go into settings in the fone and turn it off what would happen.

Turn what off? the connection? then you wouldn't be syncing your emails

Advertisement