Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where the best to buy components

Options
  • 14-10-2010 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,Ive been getting advice here recently on my pc build and finally got all the pieces but now what phases me is which site to buy off as ive heard some bad things when it comes to customer support and refunds from people.

Ive heard that:

Dabs.ie(worst ever for communication,extremely hard to get anywhere with thats if they reply to emails)

Komplett.ie(slow delivery,customer service not the best)

Scan.co.uk(fault products,v.poor customer service,slow on replacements

ebuyer(poor customer service)

I want a company who are helpfull if im going to be giving them 800 euro for a gaming pc now im beginning to wonder should I bother and try buy a PC for more in the shops and I can deal easily with them.Does anyone know of shops in Galway/Dublin that sell that kind of high end components ive looked in Maplin but didnt have any of the stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well i spent 1600 with pixmania.ie and i had no problems with them also from what ive heard the have good customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

My experience

Dabs - Good selection, cheap. Also things often out of stock and fluctuating prices (good or bad). I had no problems with their customer service before, but it took a while. Had some problems with credit cards early on but it got sorted with a different card. This was 4 years ago and I've ordered several times since then.

Komplett - Delivery not slow but not blazing fast. I haven't used them in a while but I had no problems when I ordered a few times in the past. Prices seem to go through phases of overpriced to great value. Selection could be a little better sometimes.

Ebuyer - Fast delivery, good prices. Also fluctuating prices. Good selection. You have to use google checkout, which is annoying.

Elara.ie - The only Irish one here (komplett partially Irish, having a warehouse here). Prices usually aren't great, but it's alright when you just want a couple of items. Customer service is very good though. Their "notify me" system is a pain. I've wanted to order items A and B - A is in stock B is out of stock, so I can't order both. I wait for B to come into stock, but A is out of stock then and I can't order... if you get what I mean.

Pixmania - They're owned by the PC World people. There's a long string of complaints about them. I haven't ordered from them and I think their postage is too dear.

memoryc.com - Very fast delivery. No problems with them.

Scan - Very big selection. Haven't ordered from them.

Overclockers - Prices on deals can be good. Stock can be very out of stock.

Amazon.co.uk - Do they still ship here? I think there's weight limits. Sometimes you can find things you can't find elsewhere. Sometimes things you can find everywhere else is not there. Prices are variable. Customer service is probably good although I haven't needed it. Delivery variable.

There's a thread about this, by the way.
    Retailer Discussion Thread

Advertisement