Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

international calls and braodband

• 15-10-2010 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi pple!

Just joined and been kindly shown to this forum.

Il be moving to Dublin in a 2 weeks :) all i know is thers (upc?) tv in the aprtment But no land line or internet!!!...mmmm.

What can i do?

The most important thing is ,calls,international call! with a little internet( i dont download or watch movies online)

Just trying to figure out whats best and cheapest.

Bita help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

From the UPC site http://www.upc.ie/phone/

Our Home Phone uses your existing TV cables instead of the traditional telephony lines used by other phone operators. This means you no longer have to pay expensive line rental charges of €25.36 a month.

We can offer one of the cheapest phone services in Ireland to our TV customers - with us you pay just €6 a month.

You can also choose from two great call bundles: Freetime World and Anytime World.

For an additional €7 a month you can avail of our Freetime World pack which gives free local, national and international landline calls to 21 selected destinations at off peak and weekend times.

Alternatively, for an additional €12 you can avail of our Anytime World pack which gives free local, national and international landline calls to 21 selected destinations at all times.

The 21 international destinations are:

Australia Italy Romania
    Austria Liechtenstein Slovenia
    Belgium Luxembourg Sweden
    Denmark Netherlands Switzerland
    France Norway United Kingdom
    Germany Poland USA *
    Greece Portugal Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 laurelandhardy

Any human input here?

just had asmoke, sorry :)

my ignorance!

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

UPC is just about the best value broadband available, but it's not available everywhere. Having UPC TV doesn't guarantee broadband of phone availability. In fact, even if broadband is available, they don't always offer phone (even though the phone service is VOIP on their Internet connection). Bizarre, but that's the way it is. You'll need to check what's available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

get UPC broadband installed & add a digital TV package if you want,..then contact blueface.ie for your phone service,.it works on your BB connection like the UPC phone service but far better/cheaper..do your figures & see what I mean.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys for the input!

I will look into it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

lensman wrote: »
    gthen contact blueface.ie for your phone service,.it works on your BB connection like the UPC phone service but far better/cheaper.

Blueface is cheaper.

Blueface is Not "Better".
    But absolutely can't offer the stability, security and quality of UPC's native service, which doesn't go over the Internet. Blueface is inferior because it can only go on Public Internet.

watty wrote: »
    Blueface is cheaper.

Blueface is Not "Better".
    But absolutely can't offer the stability, security and quality of UPC's native service, which doesn't go over the Internet. Blueface is inferior because it can only go on Public Internet.

Yeah watty,was thinking the same. If net goes down so does my phone!

Maybe i just take the upc bundle...?

Thx

Advertisement