Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ILS Landing

Options
  • 15-10-2010 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Ok, So... ive a new found love for FS x, before i used always just fly VFR and act the maggot but i wanna know how exactly to do a ILS Landing using the autopilot,
    ive tried all over the web but for some reason there are lots of different ways of doing it!

from what i remember, When the ATC tells you which runway to land on, you get the ILS frequency and put it into nav1 and press from GPS to NAV 1, i cant remember where you put the exact runway hedding into?

at what point does it actually start alligning with the runway?

Some simple steps for a dummy would be really appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well you dont need to put the runway heading in- but you get the course for the ILS and put it in the course box.

You will need to get vectored or self positioned into the ILS

youtube would probably explain best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Check the airport for the course of the runway you are landing put it into the crs

Put the runway ILS frwq in Nav1

When your a/c engages the ils, switch on APR mode... usually about 20-25 miles out

Follow ATC instructions and when the heading switch blanks out the a/c has engaged with the glideslope then when the ALT switch goes out you are established and take it from there.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Check the airport for the course of the

When your a/c engages the ils, switch on APR mode... usually about 20-25 miles out

You mean when the morse code comes through the radio switch to apr mode?

J

On the Horizontal situation indicator when you see the 'runway bar' flick up and the glide slope arrows come on, usually about 25-20 miles out.

Switch on the APR mode and follow the ATC instructions.

cockpitv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement

finally mastered it, though on landing in Insbruck last night the ATC directed me straight into the mountains! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

In game ATC comes out with some crazy stuff sometimes!

Get yourself onto VATSIM :)

pclancy wrote: »
    In game ATC comes out with some crazy stuff sometimes!

Get yourself onto VATSIM :)
    deffo! some times when i fly out of cork it just sends me off in a direction oposite my flight path and if i try follow the flight path it just send my back in the wrong direction! THEN after 20 mins or so it says Radar and ATC terminated lol.

Advertisement