Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idiotic fast food employees.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

johnn wrote: »
    Take two of the nuggets & put them up your Ass

that might make him laugh too!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This thread has made me hungry.

This thread has made me hate the turkey and colesaw sandwich I have waiting for me for lunch! :mad:

On topic, how does everyone here find just-eat.ie? Almost every single order we've ordered on it no matter where from shows up wrong!

How hard is it to print off the order and put it all together? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Em,I usually check I have everything before I set off home. You would be surprised the time and despair this simple act saves me.
    I know. I know. Missing chips is like a death in the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I think this post is a cunningly disguised advertising ploy by mcdonalds, to make us all hungry for some at lunch...

it worked...dam u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Look on the bright side, if you'd have gone to supermacs, not only would your order have been wrong,but you'd have had to wait 8 minutes just for the burger you didn't get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

No offence Terry, but I thought you were obese and had diabetes? Not my place obviously to point out you shouldn't be eating that crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Should've got a kebab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Not my place obviously to point out you shouldn't be eating that crap...

You're right.^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

lockie1983 wrote: »
    This thread has made me hate the turkey and colesaw sandwich I have waiting for me for lunch! :mad:

On topic, how does everyone here find just-eat.ie? Almost every single order we've ordered on it no matter where from shows up wrong!

How hard is it to print off the order and put it all together? :mad:

I use feedme.ie and that's always worked well. The name of the website more accurately portrays my thought process at the time that I'm ordering as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Should've got a kebab gone to specsavers,Then they would've been able to read the order!

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Jesus, I'm starving again already !!! What Rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ColHol wrote: »
    I made this for you terry, as a memento of your night!

I never liked those comics, I do now.

Genius.

The Gride wrote: »
    Jesus, I'm starving again already !!! What Rubbish.

Its absolute sh!te, thats why your hungry again. I have the odd big mac meal & im always hungry an hour later.

A big shpud dinner will keep me going for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I actually drove to the drive through at lunch and realised when I'd already entered the que of cars I had forgot my wallet. Embarrassing and half my lunch hour wasted.

Those darn workers are so stupid they're making the customers turn stupid!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Now I want a McFlurry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Now I remember why i goto Subway more than MacDee's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

the_syco wrote: »

You sure it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Subway is infinitely nicer than Mcdonalds?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Butter 2 slices of Brennans white bread.
    Cut a spice burger horizontally, and then cut each half down the middle to give 4 pieces.
    Place 4 pieces of spice burger on aforementioned bread.
    Apply some red sauce (preferably chef's but heinz is good too).
    Munch down.

Nicer than anything available in McDonalds in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Just after a big roast beef dinner in me ma's. Mc Donalds never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

prinz wrote: »
    Sure you gave the order right?
    I never get the order wrong. Not when it comes to food.
    that new M burger with bacon is a winner you should all try it.!
    It wasn't great IMO.

dubtom wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, if you'd have gone to supermacs, not only would your order have been wrong,but you'd have had to wait 8 minutes just for the burger you didn't get.
    Their food is dirt.
    I have now brought the wrath of everyone who was ever a student in Gaway down on mt.
    No offence Terry, but I thought you were obese and had diabetes? Not my place obviously to point out you shouldn't be eating that crap...
    I've lost weight and only go to McDonald's 4 or 5 times a year.
    My blood sugar levels are an average of 6.7 daily. That's actually quite good.
    Thank you for worrying about my wellbeing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Novella wrote: »
    Now I want a McFlurry. :(

At what stage of life do those words in that order become allied to a sad face?:eek:

Its absolute sh!te, thats why your hungry again. I have the odd big mac meal & im always hungry an hour later.

If you order
    1 large quarter pounder meal with a coke.
    2 large fries.
    6 nuggets.
    1 hamburger, it should keep you going a bit longer.

dubtom wrote: »
    If you order
    2 large fries.
    6 nuggets.
    1 hamburger, it should keep you going a bit longer.

When i have a hunger i can eat a lot but that^ is waaaay too much food for one person.

I guarantee he was feeling peckish again no more than 2.5 hours later. Mc'Ds food is digested ridiculously quickly because its mostly processed gunk.

Ever feel hungry after a steak dinner?

The food wasn't all for me.
    Also, Steak dinner later. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

lockie1983 wrote: »
    On topic, how does everyone here find just-eat.ie?
    Lethal...and brilliant. Just ordered a chinese there literally without movin from the couch for the phone,money or menu. The ultimate lazy food ever.

Ordered about 2 weeks ago and i asked for a fanta and got a coke. The guy was back within 10 mins with the fanta. Loooooove it....but hate it all at the same time...cos it makes me feel guilty :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

You eat McDonalds' food and you think the staff there are retarded?

I think bandwagons are retarded, personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Terry wrote: »
    Is it a prerequisite for all fast food employees to get your order wrong?

I'm just back from McDonald's in Maynooth and once again they left one item out and gave me something I didn't order.
    2 large fries.
    6 nuggets.
    1 hamburger.

For some reason, I was given an extra large fries instead of the hamburger.
    Yeah. The hamburgler stole it. wooooooo.

The order is on the till in front of them.
    How ****ing dumb do you have to be to get this wrong?

Every time I go there, they get at least one thing wrong.
    What is wrong with these people?

Before anyone goes blaming the foreigners, most of those behind the till tonight were Irish.

Mcdonalds in mayooth is actually my favourite Mcdonalds, dont go to the one in Lucan if you think maynooth is bad!

off topic but mcdonalds in maynooth charges 2 euro for a mcflurry, its 2.20 in lucan, can individual mcdonalds' charge their own prices??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Is it a prerequisite for all fast food employees to get your order wrong?

I'm just back from McDonald's in Maynooth and once again they left one item out and gave me something I didn't order.
    2 large fries.
    6 nuggets.
    1 hamburger.

For some reason, I was given an extra large fries instead of the hamburger.
    Yeah. The hamburgler stole it. wooooooo.

The order is on the till in front of them.
    How ****ing dumb do you have to be to get this wrong?

Every time I go there, they get at least one thing wrong.
    What is wrong with these people?

Before anyone goes blaming the foreigners, most of those behind the till tonight were Irish.

I think your telling lies, there is something about your story that just doesn't add up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

df1985 wrote: »
    Mcdonalds in mayooth is actually my favourite Mcdonalds, dont go to the one in Lucan if you think maynooth is bad!

off topic but mcdonalds in maynooth charges 2 euro for a mcflurry, its 2.20 in lucan, can individual mcdonalds' charge their own prices??

Yeah the Lucan one is a shithole I prefer the Maynooth too one it is very friendly and never have to queue for long

Yes McDonalds can charge different rates for food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

dinner later. Yay.

Why do people always say steak dinner? You'd never say chicken dinner or pizza dinner etc.

Why do people always say steak dinner? You'd never say chicken dinner or pizza dinner etc.
    I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I like the one in maynooth. Never try the one on the navan road. I was only in there twice yet on both times the toilets were filthy and the burger buns were stale. Micky Ds is fun but Burger King is much better:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It is illegal for a pub to serve alcohol to a drunk person.

Yet McDonalds are allowed to serve food to fat people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Degsy wrote: »

There's a logic fail in there.

A pub can legally sell alcohol to an alcoholic.

If you try to equate your logic to the fast food world, that would be like saying that they shouldn't be allowed sell fast food to people who have already eaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Tepo

Keep away from that Sh!!e. Bring some sandwiches with you instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

oeb wrote: »
    The McDonalds in Killarney is pretty bad too. I stopped going there, because in two orders out of five they would leave something out of the bag.

It's not that difficult not to **** up orders, I worked there during my teens.

Would that be the drinks?;)

Being overweight is not an addiction or a burden on society.

Some people take illegal steroids to compensate for things lacking in their lives. I find that quite sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Degsy wrote: »

Wowsers what an original thought you just had. You should spread this around a bit, people need to hear it.

I worked in MacD's one summer during college, it was mind numbing! People actively look down their nose at you, as if you were some manner of functioning retard. It is hard to have much pride in the work.

Orders would just melt into one, I hazard a guess that this is what happened with the person who served you.

Next time check your bag before you leave, I am sure they will be glad to rectify any mistakes.

Oh and have a nice day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Being overweight is not an addiction or a burden on society.

Some people take illegal steroids to compensate for things lacking in their lives. I find that quite sad.
    yeah it is. being overweight causes all sorts of medical conditions that would otherwise be avoided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Most fast food employees wouldn't know a rat sh!t from a rice crispie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A strange thing I've noticed

In Dublin people don't order chips

They say "a single"

A single? :confused: Where did that term come from, never heard it anywhere in the country

As for a one and one, the only reason I know what a one and one is because I read a leaflet/placemat in Bischoffs

That's not strange. It just means a single bag of chips. Actually I don't know where it came from,always been the way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They say "a single"

A single? :confused: Where did that term come from, never heard it anywhere in the country

As for a one and one, the only reason I know what a one and one is because I read a leaflet/placemat in Bischoffs

Ha ha ha. Do you order a "single" in McDonalds ? You must get some funny looks :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

They say "a single"

you see,its because Dublin people are far too superior to be dealing with your "chips",pah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Nope, they'd say something like "and a curry chip also"

Realy, just one?

• The 'easiest' jobs are often the ones where people make mistakes because they're so boring. Taking order after order all day must be mindnumbing. I've never worked in McD's, but I've done other service jobs and made the odd mistake and had people say 'God, it's not f**king difficult!' and ask me if I was retarded but that was the entire problem. It was so simple, I wasn't even thinking about it, I was on autopilot. My mind was usually on my college homework or something and I got things wrong because the difference between X burger and Y burger didn't seem hugely important at the end of an 8 hour evening shift. A lot of fast food employees are often studying and/or doing other jobs and are simply wrecked. Nothing to do with being stupid. Just check your order before you leave, it takes a few seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Is that just for you?

My standard McDonalds order: Medium bigMac meal with coke
    6 nuggets
    1/2 plain cheesburgers
    some type of dessert (normally cookie or mcflurry).
    You eat McDonalds' food and you think the staff there are retarded?

wtf is wrong with McDonalds?
    KungPao wrote: »
    Maybe the person that served you did it on purpose?

He probably has a chip on his shoulder.

lmao :D
    johnn wrote: »
    Take two of the nuggets & put them up your Ass

See above :D (The tenacity of a comment like that! ;) )
    orourkeda wrote: »
    Dey took our jobs

Lmao :D

McDonalds is 50% air, known fact. Only good for 1-2 hours of hunger suppression.

the_syco wrote: »

Muck
    When i have a hunger i can eat a lot but that^ is waaaay too much food for one person.

I guarantee he was feeling peckish again no more than 2.5 hours later. Mc'Ds food is digested ridiculously quickly because its mostly processed gunk.

Not too much for one person, I manage it and I'm a lightweight. I can barely finish a bowl of pasta, because as I said already McDonals is 50% air. Tasty though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

The best one is when you just order a cup of tea and they press about ten buttons on the till and then say '€1.50 please' :D

Crasp wrote: »
    because as I said already McDonals is 50% air. Tasty though!

Thing is people know its crap, but they still eat it.

I will admit to getting the occasional big mac meal. Maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks. I loath paying 7 or 8 euros for mc donalds food. In australia & usa its what homeless people/large families with feck all money eat because its so cheap. Not in Ireland though:rolleyes:, its actually not that cheap & maybe thats a good thing? Maybe people would eat a lot more of the stuff if was very cheap.

Someone mentioned Subway, its mostly gunk as well. For some daft reason i used to think subway was sort of healthy food. Its anything but.

Basically its all sh!te. Chipper food is actually a step up (slightly) from the fast food swill. A nice bag of chips in a chipper will keep you going a lot longer than the syntho-sticks you get in Mc'D's or BK.

My favourite takeaway is curry. Indian or Chinese, i don't mind paying more for something that is actually decent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement