Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idiotic fast food employees.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would have to disagree with you there fonecrusher. I'm pretty sure a sandwich is healthier than greasy chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

how can you expect them to get your order right when you are standing there in your spandex suit, screaming your order like the Ultimate Warrior?? Next time i hope Ronald Mc Donald jumps the counter and pins you for ten! Ding Ding! The Light Heavy Weight Nugget Belt goes to Ronald-Rampage-Mc Donald!!! And the crowd goes wild!!! And you settle for an unHappy Meal.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!! that is all!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

poisonated wrote: »
    I would have to disagree with you there fonecrusher. I'm pretty sure a sandwich is healthier than greasy chips.

Um?..but the i never said - eating greasy chips is healthier than eating a sandwich - ???!! Huh?

Subway is not healthy food. Its as simple as that. Not unless you get a sandwich with just lettuce, peppers & onions. Hold the bread.:pac:

A regular footlong sandwich with ham, steak, cheese, mayo whatever is not going to be far behind a big mac meal for fat/sugar content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Thing is people know its crap, but they still eat it.

I will admit to getting the occasional big mac meal. Maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks. I loath paying 7 or 8 euros for mc donalds food. In australia & usa its what homeless people/large families with feck all money eat because its so cheap. Not in Ireland though:rolleyes:, its actually not that cheap & maybe thats a good thing? Maybe people would eat a lot more of the stuff if was very cheap.

Someone mentioned Subway, its mostly gunk as well. For some daft reason i used to think subway was sort of healthy food. Its anything but.

Basically its all sh!te. Chipper food is actually a step up (slightly) from the fast food swill. A nice bag of chips in a chipper will keep you going a lot longer than the syntho-sticks you get in Mc'D's or BK.

My favourite takeaway is curry. Indian or Chinese, i don't mind paying more for something that is actually decent.

+1 nothing cheap about McDonals in Ireland, it really is half the price in The US or even in Hungary. The standard meal I mentioned earlier costs me about €12 all in back home. It's about €8 in Hungary (I'm there alot).
    Subway is not healthy food. Its as simple as that. Not unless you get a sandwich with just lettuce, peppers & onions. Hold the bread.:pac:

A regular footlong sandwich with ham, steak, cheese, mayo whatever is not going to be far behind a big mac meal for fat/sugar content.

Also true, subway ain't particularly healthy either.

How much fibre in the bread? How much salt in the bread? Sugar/salt/fat in the sauces? Cheese? Haven't eaten at subway for years.

Each to their own, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

chicken nuggest are yummy and so are big macs

they should make a big mac with chicken burgers to combine both of my loves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

wheres the big tasty gone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

I suppose its unhealthy cos its so "fast"

Are there any healthy fast food options? I know Mc Donalds do salads and bags of chopped fruit - havent tried those though! Who goes to a chipper for a salad anyway?

Pizza is pretty oily too, as are quarter pounders, fish etc, but damn tasty

Subway certainly isnt healthy, the bread is full of additives, and quite sugary tasting.

Idiotic fast-food employees? Im an idiotic fast-food eater! Thankfully Im not overweight..... yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Sheeps wrote: »
    they should make a big mac with chicken burgers to combine both of my loves

My usual in McDonalds is a chicken sandwich meal (€5 with student discount) and a double cheeseburger (€2). Peel apart the two bits of meat in the double cheeseburger and put the chicken sandwich inside, bread and all. Fecking delicious.

serious craving for fast food right now

• Advertisement

serious craving for fast food right now

McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC
    Really? Whys that?McDonalds Subway
    McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC
    Really? Whys that?McDonalds Subway
    McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC McDonalds Subway BurgerKing KFC
    Without a doubt, one of the most inventive posts I've seen in a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

chicken nuggest are yummy and so are big macs

You'd better watch Jamie Oliver's demonstration of how to make chicken nuggets online :eek:

Ally Dick wrote: »
    You'd better watch Jamie Oliver's demonstration of how to make chicken nuggets online :eek:

Thats the fing innit? People think McD's chicken nuggets are lovely. REAL chicken nuggets really are feckin delish.

Theres a pub/restaurant near me that does homemade chicken nuggets & they're unreal*.

*By unreal i mean they are so spectacularly scrumptious they assume an almost mythical construct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

What are you crying about, Large fries are worth like 2.50 and a hamburger is a euro, you've made a healthy (pun? intended) profit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

they have never got anything wrong for me. ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Jazzy wrote: »
    they have never got anything wrong for me. ever

Me neither. Mind you I am there about as often as Terry says he is (about once a quarter, max).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nononsense

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Next time say please and I promise not only to give you everything you ordered but also not to spit on those extra fries I give you.

Thank you come again! :)

Anonoboy, one of my friends worked there once! the things used to happen in there were so disgusting:mad: and there isn't much of a professional service in many Mcdonalds, restaurants:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wafflebottom

Terry wrote: »
    Is it a prerequisite for all fast food employees to get your order wrong?

I'm just back from McDonald's in Maynooth and once again they left one item out and gave me something I didn't order.
    1 large quarter pounder meal with a coke.
    2 large fries.
    6 nuggets.
    1 hamburger.

For some reason, I was given an extra large fries instead of the hamburger.
    Yeah. The hamburgler stole it. wooooooo.

The order is on the till in front of them.
    How ****ing dumb do you have to be to get this wrong?

Every time I go there, they get at least one thing wrong.
    What is wrong with these people?

Before anyone goes blaming the foreigners, most of those behind the till tonight were Irish.

excuse me, before you go insulting my colleagues, most of us are in college/finished college! so get your facts straight! it is a very simple mistake to make, and a lot of the time someone clears the orders off the till, if you have a problem, ask to speak to the manager present and they will happily give you a refund/rectify the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wafflebottom

df1985 wrote: »
    Mcdonalds in mayooth is actually my favourite Mcdonalds, dont go to the one in Lucan if you think maynooth is bad!

off topic but mcdonalds in maynooth charges 2 euro for a mcflurry, its 2.20 in lucan, can individual mcdonalds' charge their own prices??

nah man, lucan is franchised, maynooth is owned by mcdonalds ireland, medium meals in lucan are 40 cent dearer than maynooth so you can get a large in maynooth for the same price as a lucan medium:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

nah man, lucan is franchised, maynooth is owned by mcdonalds ireland, medium meals in lucan are 40 cent dearer than maynooth so you can get a large in maynooth for the same price as a lucan medium:cool:

Burger King is much nicer than McDonalds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

TheZohan wrote: »

:eek:

johnn wrote: »
    Take two of the nuggets & put them up your Ass

Great post free me earlier in the thread if I do say so myself :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

OP, why don't you just do what every other person does and check your meal before you drive off? You already admitted it has happened a lot, do yourself a favour and double check everything is there. FFS it's not rocket science...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

TheZohan wrote: »

So true.

i
    OP, why don't you just do what every other person does and check your meal before you drive off? You already admitted it has happened a lot, do yourself a favour and double check everything is there. FFS it's not rocket science...

Who the **** does this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Great post free me earlier in the thread if I do say so myself :cool:

Self praise is no praise and quoting yourself is never cool

Self praise is no praise and quoting yourself is never cool

It got thanked 25 times :cool: probably more than you have totaled in your entire boards tenure.

i

Who the **** does this?

Pretty much everybody I know. More often than not there is something wrong with the order, so instead of moaning about it on the internet the problem is resolved there and then.

• Advertisement

Pretty much everybody I know. More often than not there is something wrong with the order, so instead of moaning about it on the internet the problem is resolved there and then.

So 2-3 people then :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Cant say I can remember ever having that problem in McDonalds. Although in fairness to them its been about 10 years since I have been in one apart from going in for a McP!ss or the odd time when on holiday.

So 2-3 people then :cool:

Who the hell are you? Are you trolling or something? I answered the question, don't be such a smartarse.

A lot of Xenophobia in this thread, not all people who work in McDonald's are automatically fuck-ups. :rolleyes: I respect someone working there more than someone on the dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I think it should be a requirement for everyone to work for at least one year in a minimum wage retail/fast-food job.

Maybe then you'd all appreciate that we put up with a lot for fúck all wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Notorious wrote: »
    I think it should be a requirement for everyone to work for at least one year in a minimum wage retail/fast-food job.

Maybe then you'd all appreciate that we put up with a lot for fúck all wages.

A couple of months in a fastfood joint was enough for me. If I behaved like half the customers we got at 3am I would be preety embarrised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement