Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Council could borrow € 1 million necessary to build road to Hansfield!!!!!!!

Options
  • 15-10-2010 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    This may be of interest to you all in the area, personal I think this is ridiculous for Final expected to pay from Manor/ Menolly parks failings!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The first is a mail from Cllr. Patrick Nulty with a press replace and report of the meeting and the second a response to his idea from the past Chair of Ongar residence association

Also more information is available at www.ongar.ie to keep informed or ask questions

Dear Residents,

As you are all only too aware Hansfield Train Station remains idle desite the rail line being up and running. This is a deplorable situation especially when you consider how much developers were charging for houses at the height of the boom.

Today, I tabled a motion to the area meeting of the council seeking a detailed report on the situation. The report which i've attached for you has no specific detail or timeline as to when progress will be made.

I now believe the council should borrow the money to get road access completed and then subsequently pursue the developers for the money. I have issued the following press statement below this mail.

best regards,

Cllr. Patrick Nulty

Fingal Council should seek to borrow € 1 million necessary to build road to Hansfield Station

Speaking today at the area meeting for Dublin 15 Labour Party Councillor Patrick Nulty has proposed that Fingal Council seek permission from the Dept. of Transport to build the road link to Hansfield Station and then pursue the developers for the costs subsequently.

Cllr. Nulty said “It will cost about € 1 million to build this road. That is about the equivalent price of three houses which developers were demanding from people at the height of the boom. These same developers were using the fact that a train station would be on people’s doorstep as a marketing tool yet now they are refusing to find the cash to build the road”.

“This situation cannot be allowed to drag on and on. Fingal Council should seek permission to borrow the money necessary to build the road. This is what happened in the case of the N2-N3 link at Cherryhound which is due to start soon so a precedent exists”.

“One also has to ask why the Minister for Transport Noel Dempsey is not getting involved in this directly. The farce of a train station ready to go but not being used surely can be allowed to continue?”

ENDS

For further information please contact Cllr. Patrick Nulty at 087 9688259

MEETING OF THE CASTLEKNOCK/MULHUDDART AREA COMMITTEE

SERVICES B

Thursday 7th October 2010

ITEM NO. 42

DETAILED REPORT ON HANSFIELD TRAIN STATION

MOTION: Councillor P. Nulty

“That the Manager provide a detailed report on Hansfield Train Station outlining:
    a) the circumstances that have lead to the station not opening;
    b) options open to all parties to have the neccessary road work
    completed;
    c) whether a car park can provided under SDZ Zoning;
    d) whether there is a Bond or other arrangement that could be used to
    provide the road;
    e) whether the Council can seek permission from government to build the
    road and pursue the developer for the cost at a later date.”

REPORT:

Operation of the Hansfield Station, for public use, is dependent on the provision of a new connecting road from the existing Ongar Road Roundabout. The delivery of the road rests with the landowners / developers.
    The financing of the connecting road is fundamental. Options are being examined in this regard. However, the Council does not have the funds to build this road. There is no bond available or other arrangement available to the Council to fund the road.
    The SDZ Planning Scheme and planning permission F07A/1492 (for the connecting road) provides only for a car park – 30 spaces, bus set down areas and vehicle circulation. Condition No. 6(v) enables the Planning Authority to facilitate parking charges and use of the 30 spaces for commuter rail car parking.
    To secure the opening and active operation of Hansfield Rail Station, active ongoing meetings are underway with the Rail operator Iarnrod Eireann and Manor Park Homes/ Menolly/ SDZ Landowners/ Developers, who have responsibility for delivery of the road/ car park to the station

Past Chair of Ongar residence association response:
    At a recent Council meeting with Fingal co. council, The below was said by the highest councillor voted in from the last councillors ellection, Pat Nulty.

Please spread around to people in the area, and I would hope each and every one of you would email or write to the Manager of Fingal, stressing your disgust at how the builders dealt with this matter.

After advertising a train station on the doorstep of Hansfield and next to Ongar, the developers, once again have taken us all hostage to there timelines and FCC Manager should have been on top of this a long time ago!

For me, after being chairperson for 3 years in Ongar, I know only too well that Fingal has not the ability to supervise developers and many of you have been affected. Now this time you have been seriously economically affected.

It is nothing short of a disgrace, and politically, it keeps the developers in the kings chair.

We all got a letter saying services are to be withdrawn. Strangley at the very same time the developers dont have the money to finish the road..... it makes one wonder where is Ongar's maintenance money been going over the last 5 years - certainly not on painting our houses, which are now looking 30years old in some areas.

Good luck and if the below makes your blood boil - dont hold back. It is Fingals responsibility to have items finished, the buck stops with them. Best Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pondasher

I really am surprised to see Cllr Nulty tableing motions on this issue as Labour are the controlling party on Fingal County Council and I presume that his party can just approach the County Manager and get the job done, rather than just writeing pointless emails and putting down motions that go nowhere. I wonder is this is an indication of how they will govern if they are elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

If they are now arguing about who's going to pay for it, I believe we can expect the station to open sometime in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

oblivious wrote: »
    ...subsequently pursue the developers for the money...

Can't see the money ever being recovered to be honest. It's a disgraceful situation where the council appear powerless and the developer is laughing, another bailout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ron123

Hi,

Just to let you know (in case you dont already) that there will be a Public Meeting on June 7th (8PM) in the Castaheany Educate Together NS to try to rally support of P'd off people like yourself and myself to sort these issues regarding train station and community centres.

The TD's have been invited and I would encourage as many people as possible to attend.

Please spread the word and get as many neighbours to attend.

Thanks,

Advertisement