Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First love

• 15-10-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

I had a dream about my first love last night. We havent met in about 10 years. This morning she is all i can think about, does anyone else think its odd ? Its such a long time..:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Your getting old. Youthful dreams are returning to remind you of that. ;)

No freaking way...so did i..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

godscop wrote: »
    I had a dream about my first love last night. We havent met in about 10 years. This morning she is all i can think about, does anyone else think its odd ? Its such a long time..:confused:

It happens alot, i think it's quite normal nobody ever really forgets there first love or loses some feelings for them.

PI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

I see my hands every day so I'm always reminded.

First love is the greatest thing in the world - and the worst.

"Greatest" because when it happens, it can be earth-shattering.
    "Worst" because when it ends, it can be the ultimate heart breaker so far.

Thats why for many, for many years to come, memories of it still tug at the heart strings.

Flashes of past memories of it now, perhaps indicate that your longing to return to an age if innocence that your missing in your more aged and complicated world.

Cherish the memories - I hope ultimately they are good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

she any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

I broke her heart and coudnt get her back . I knew i fuc**d up. We moved on. Today im thinking what if ? Karma..Yeah she was amazing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

token56 wrote: »
    I see my hands every day so I'm always reminded.

your ex had hairy palms??

I broke her heart and coudnt get her back . I knew i fuc**d up. We moved on. Today im thinking what if ? Karma..Yeah she was amazing:)
    Well, knowing now she was amazing only comes with age and experience in which to tell.
    Don't be too hard on yourself. At the time you probably knew no better and had no comparison to be able to tell a major difference.

You learned from the experience and it enabled you to move on with your life better off in knowledge of the heart.
    She left you with something precious then, didn't she! A life lesson and memories of an awakening heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Biggins wrote: »
    Well, knowing now she was amazing only comes with age and experience in which to tell.
    Don't be too hard on yourself. At the time you probably knew no better and had no comparison to be able to tell a major difference.

You learned from the experience and it enabled you to move on with your life better off in knowledge of the heart.
    She left you with something precious then, didn't she! A life lesson and memories of an awakening heart.

*tear*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I remember the first girl I said I love you to, but the first girl I really thought I loved was just a friend. That was horrible, but onwards and upwards.

Cheers biggins you have made me feel better..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Biggins, you so deep. I never knew!

OP, wrong place for this trust me. They are coming and when they get here they will make horrible horrible comments about her : (

Run away my good man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Biggins, you so deep. I never knew!
    That's what she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I dreamt about yor ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

squod wrote: »
    I dreamt about yor ma.

I dreamt ON your ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Oddly, I met mine about 2 weeks ago. I hadnt seen her in ages and then she told me she's living in Melbourne and was home on hols. Thats the end of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Biggins post's here made me smile, Thanks.

orourkeda wrote: »
    I dreamt ON your ma.

How desperate are you ! She's dead about about ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Easily the smartest and most insightful thing said on AH (which isn't a challenge but still...) Well said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

squod wrote: »
    How desperate are you ! She's dead about about ten years.

Extreme necrophilia ftw

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

My first love was in uhhh. 4th class. I was also in 4th class*, in case anyone's going to call the police. If I dreamed about her now, I'd be pretty unsettled.

*Not a teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

And don't tell your current partner you've been dreaming about your ex - thats ALWAYS a recipe for disaster...

'cptr

Betcha they were both dreaming of a big black cock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

Oddly I also had a wet dream about my first lass
    twas over 10 yrs ago now
    But I found her on facebook and sent her a poke
    she is fine ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Anybody else misread the title as "Fist Love"?

Anyways - biggins has pretty much nailed it in the posts above for me

I was thinking of facebook but dont think it would be a good idea..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I was thinking of facebook but dont think it would be a good idea..........

Well it has been quite some time since you were with her so I don't think it will be in any way awkward. If she is in a relationship then it could get tricky. But if you never try then you never know. I say go for it. You have nothing to lose :) good luck

Thats the problem jamie i would have so much to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Im with my first love right now...he was the only guy I ever went out with and we been together for 4 years now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I often think about my first love and wonder what he's up to and should i try find out.
    But it's all in the past, and there's a reason we're not still together, so i know i'm better off not knowing about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

First love is the greatest thing in the world - and the worst.

"Greatest" because when it happens, it can be earth-shattering.
    "Worst" because when it ends, it can be the ultimate heart breaker so far.

Thats why for many, for many years to come, memories of it still tug at the heart strings.

Flashes of past memories of it now, perhaps indicate that your longing to return to an age if innocence that your missing in your more aged and complicated world.

Cherish the memories - I hope ultimately they are good ones.
    Slurry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Anybody else misread the title as "Fist Love"?
    Yes. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Wow, what a genuinely sweet and heartfelt post, good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I dedicate this to my first true love (not Jon Bon Jovi, he was my second :p)

I STILL LOVE YOU BABY!!! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Lily10

What is a first love? The first person you have sex with or the first person you loved? That label has always confused me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Lily10 wrote: »
    What is a first love? The first person you have sex with or the first person you loved? That label has always confused me.

Your first love is the 1st person you loved.
    Your first time is the 1st person you shagged.

Least it is in my book anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Is your first love the one you still stalk on Facebook????

She really should change her password..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

When I think about my first love, I realise.... He wasnt actually a love. I was young... Impressionable... Thought it was love!! But no. (was with him for 3/4 years. I swear I'm not a bitch! Cause that sounds harsh.......)

My REAL first love recently asked me to get back with him 2 days ago. EHHHHHHHHHHHH...............no. He already put my heart in shatters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I had a dream about my first love last night. We havent met in about 10 years. This morning she is all i can think about, does anyone else think its odd ?

Not really. I think about mine all the time. What she's doing in work? When she'll be home? What'll I make for her dinner? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I read this and thought, you're a bit romantic. I like you.

And then I thought serves you right (coming from a woman scorned.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

No I dont think thats odd, happens to me too and other people I know.
    Only problem is if its a good dream I miss them and feel sad for the day, if its a nightmare Im pissed off with them and angry for the day.
    don't worry them dreams don't mean anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Tip: get the sheets to a launderette quickly in case your ma is the forensic type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The restraining order and ankle monitor are a constant reminder of my first love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Cleeo wrote: »
    When I think about my first love, I realise.... He wasnt actually a love. I was young... Impressionable... Thought it was love!! But no.

+1

i think we've all been there...i have to add naive to the list though :o

op maybe you are only dreaming of her because of guilty feelings on your part?

cause personally the only time i think of my first love,is when the topic arises, such as this thread....maybe its because it ended so badly for me or maybe its just because im over it and i can discuss it and forget about it, it means nothing to me now, either way you need to move on man its been 10 years! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I wasn't in love with my first love either. I told him I was, I thought I was at the time but years experience and hindsight has told me I wasn't really. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been in love with any of my boyfriends.

I've never been in love! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 camomile

What was so great about her? Anything in particular? Ever look her up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm indebted to my ex for breaking up with me, I'dve never met my current girlfriend. She's approximately 32 times better then the ex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Confab wrote: »
    I'm indebted to my ex for breaking up with me, I'dve never met my current girlfriend. She's approximately 32 times better then the ex.

I wanna see that equation. :D

camomile wrote: »
    What was so great about her? Anything in particular? Ever look her up?

I bumped into her a few weeks ago. She was great fun. She had beautiful tits ;)..Im married now to the love of my life and have 2 beautiful kids. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement