Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo Reach Updates: What needs to be fixed?

Options
  • 15-10-2010 10:15am

What should bungie change in their upcoming updates to halo reach?

I swear if i get booted from rocketfight one more time by some idiot who runs around a corner into the blast radius of one of my shots i'll scream. This HAS to be changed. Two or three betrayals in a game on ANY of the players should get your opponent a boot option, not one, especially on casual games like rocketfight. Everybody can mess up once, especially where rockets are flying around.

Also take courtyard and corvette out of the firefight rotation, those maps both suck. Put in glacier or some other interesting maps instead, move rocketfight and sniperfight to their own "casuals" playlist, away from normal firefight, and add a matchmaking playlist for "classic firefight" so we can play longer games with a limited number of lives like in ODST.

I'd also like to see more stuff for forge, like different pallettes for the objects, (grass, sand, ice, etc) and less boring grey "lego block" type stuff, just so we can make maps a bit more aesthetically pleasing. More environment and lighting effects like nighttime, dusk, rain, etc, and a multi select copy and paste option to save time on building maps with duplicate bases, multiple similar structures etc. It bugs me to have to build everything twice on most of my maps. A "mirror" line would be nice too. Anything i build on one side of it is automatically flipped around and built on the other side at the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Definately agree on the rocketfight betrayal point, its far too easy to betray.. ive only done it a few times myself but have been betrayed plenty of times. Not once have i kicked, but everytime i've killed a team mate they kick me straight away!

No major problems for me, one thing that could be ironed out over the cooperative gametypes is spawn points though. Far too many times when playing 1 Flag CTF on the smaller maps, my team will go in, kill the other team, take the flag.. be on our merry way back to the base and the other team will spawn on our frickin score point and annihilate us. Makes no sense whatsoever.

maximoose wrote: »
    Definately agree on the rocketfight betrayal point, its far too easy to betray.. ive only done it a few times myself but have been betrayed plenty of times

This seems to have been fixed in the recent update. Woohoo. I've noticed that since Friday you don't get booted immediately if you betray.

Now watch firefight start to turn into FFA slayer as soon as the last AI enemy goes down. Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Definately agree on the rocketfight betrayal point, its far too easy to betray.. ive only done it a few times myself but have been betrayed plenty of times. Not once have i kicked, but everytime i've killed a team mate they kick me straight away!

No major problems for me, one thing that could be ironed out over the cooperative gametypes is spawn points though. Far too many times when playing 1 Flag CTF on the smaller maps, my team will go in, kill the other team, take the flag.. be on our merry way back to the base and the other team will spawn on our frickin score point and annihilate us. Makes no sense whatsoever.

maybe just remove the friendly fire option for rocket fight?
    might be a bit easier

personally id like to play a game of firefight that people dont vote for rockets only . its easy points and all but its getting to be a bit of a drag . if you want to go play rocket fight go play it in one playlist . and if its regular firefight go to another :)

sierra117x wrote: »
    maybe just remove the friendly fire option for rocket fight?

That's exactly what they just did in the recent update. Makes things a lot less annoying. No friendly fire in any of the firefight games now.
    sierra117x wrote: »
    personally id like to play a game of firefight that people dont vote for rockets only . its easy points and all but its getting to be a bit of a drag

I agree completely. It's fun and everything, but it seems to be all that anybody votes for now. Nobody ever seems to talk in matchmaking so there's never any kind of teamwork online, so rocketfight or sniperfight are always the easy options to go for, but actual games of firefight are much more tactical and much deeper. Separating the games out into proper firefight and casual firefight playlists would be nice.

On another note, has anybody noticed that they've had lots of connection issues since the recent update? Seems like i can't get through a full game of firefight without lag, stalling, and people being dropped/quitting out of the game. Every game i've played in the last 2 or 3 days i've ended up on my own at the end, which is good for credits, but its kind of a drag when you have to play by yourself for 20 mins +. I just gave up in frustration last night.

It's definitely not my connection, that's rock solid, and a few XBL friends have said they're having similar issues. What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Have you tried setting a search restriction of "good connection" ? I use it every time I go into matchmaking, saw a massive reduction in the "waiting for other players" issue. Still happens from time to time but nowhere near as frequently.

• Advertisement

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Have you tried setting a search restriction of "good connection" ? I use it every time I go into matchmaking, saw a massive reduction in the "waiting for other players" issue. Still happens from time to time but nowhere near as frequently.

Yep, tried that. I use custom search options all the time anyway. I've tried everything, my connection is a 15mb fibre line with 18ms ping and is rock solid, my router works fine like it always has. It's only halo reach, and its only gone haywire in the last few days since the update landed. I just can't get a full game without terrible connections and dropouts.

I'm baffled. I eventually sent a message to my friends list last night though, and I'm not the only one with the same problem. Hope it gets fixed soon because it will mean reach getting betrayal booted from my XBox if not.

My connection is back to normal after a few dodgy days since the update

Anyone know when theyre updating the ranks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

They will be unlocking the ranks once the community has done 117 million dailys. We are nearly half way there :)

Its all on www.Bungie.net

good idea to keep people playing

just hope that when they are unlocked that it backlogs cR for people who have been at max rank for ages!

My connection is back to normal after a few dodgy days since the update

Mine seems a bit better too, but will give it a good going over this evening to check. There are still a lot of people jumping out of firefight early since it was boosted to 30 mins max though, Maybe that's because it's much more of a bummer now to be stuck in a map/gametype that you don't like, rather than any kind of connection issues.

I ended up getting left on my own against about 10 silver elites the other day after all three matchmade players dropped out. They were all ganging up on me with their swords and their ridiculous grenade sticking skills. Needless to say it wasn't pretty.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Armor Lock, they need to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Mine seems a bit better too, but will give it a good going over this evening to check. There are still a lot of people jumping out of firefight early since it was boosted to 30 mins max though, Maybe that's because it's much more of a bummer now to be stuck in a map/gametype that you don't like, rather than any kind of connection issues.

I ended up getting left on my own against about 10 silver elites the other day after all three matchmade players dropped out. They were all ganging up on me with their swords and their ridiculous grenade sticking skills. Needless to say it wasn't pretty.....

Found myself in a similar situation yesterday on glacier. I just kept spawning in the corridor with a shotgun, grabbed some sticky grenades. Stick the elite and then headshot with the shotgun.

Took a good five mins to clear them though!

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Found myself in a similar situation yesterday on glacier. I just kept spawning in the corridor with a shotgun, grabbed some sticky grenades. Stick the elite and then headshot with the shotgun.

I like the "noob combo". Overcharged plasma pistol for the shields, then magnum or DMR headshot for the kill. If you're dealing with more than one of them, plasma pistol and then a grenade stick while they're doing their "all p1ssed off" thing is good too. The splash damage from the grenade can help to damage any of their buddies who are too close.
    cypharius wrote: »
    Armor Lock, they need to remove it.

I think it's great, and part of what i like about it is it encourages teamwork from both sides. If you're trying to shoot 'n' boot someone with armor lock, (ie: empty a clip in their face while running towards them, then smack them with a melee) you're going to lose out the majority of the time, because they can just armor lock to avoid your melee and then come out of it, drop your shields with the EMP, and smack you for the kill.

Don't do that. If you get too close to a locked down player you're asking to be killed. Avoid their EMP and they're not nearly as scary, and don't get caught by their teammates. Armor lock is great for getting assists. If you see people using it in a game, make sure you keep your distance, stick with your buddies, don't get caught alone or outnumbered, and make sure you're stocked up with sticky nades to drop on the ground right in front of them just before they unlock. Aim for their ankles to land it as close to them as possible, and you may also get lucky and land an actual stick from time to time.

I think it's great, and part of what i like about it is it encourages teamwork from both sides. If you're trying to shoot 'n' boot someone with armor lock, (ie: empty a clip in their face while running towards them, then smack them with a melee) you're going to lose out the majority of the time, because they can just armor lock to avoid your melee and then come out of it, drop your shields with the EMP, and smack you for the kill.

Don't do that. If you get too close to a locked down player you're asking to be killed. Avoid their EMP and they're not nearly as scary, and don't get caught by their teammates. Armor lock is great for getting assists. If you see people using it in a game, make sure you keep your distance, stick with your buddies, don't get caught alone or outnumbered, and make sure you're stocked up with sticky nades to drop on the ground right in front of them just before they unlock. Aim for their ankles to land it as close to them as possible, and you may also get lucky and land an actual stick from time to time.

It doesn't encourage teamwork, it just encourages spaming of the same armor ability. The power sword has become useless against people who use it, team work does not mean staying in a group, there's no way to fan out and take several positions because you can't kill people. In slayer pro I get triple kill headshots and everything's great. But if it's normal slayer, 90% of the time the entire other team uses armor lock and I can't do ****. I have to wait around to kill them, and usually they have another guy right behind him.

I'm with the anti-armour lock lot too. It's just annoying.

Whether or not it's "Balanced"(Which it isn't), it slows down combat and means splattering is impossible.

It doesn't encourage teamwork, it just encourages spaming of the same armor ability.....90% of the time the entire other team uses armor lock and I can't do ****. I have to wait around to kill them, and usually they have another guy right behind him.

Yeah I won't disagree with you, it's fun, but it IS open to abuse, no denying it. A team full of people spamming it is headwrecking, you feel like there's nothing you can do except lob all your grenades at them then hope for the best.

I think bungie have nobbled themselves with the much higher resolution graphics in reach multiplayer, especially for firefight. Some of the online games get seriously laggy and have loads of frameskip and shuddering when things get busy and there's lots happening at once. Even with the options set to prioritise good connections, it's still very noticeable.

Some of the bigger maps like glacier are horrible for it. It makes using precision weapons like the sniper rifle really frustrating sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I love armour lock :) People who try to get easy splatters are my favorite victims.

Check this out

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=TWHR

I just want general performance issues looked at, so sick of looking at the score board screen twice a match. MOH even performed better for me then Halo online. Also I really want the sticky launcher weapon booted from the universe, replaced with Lazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think the whole thing just needs to be slowed down a little. I have lost count of the amount of times someone has charged at me (not ussing the run powere up) and suddenly appeared behind me as I completely miss with a meelee attack.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I have lost count of the amount of times someone has charged at me...and suddenly appeared behind me as I completely miss with a meelee attack.

I agree. I'm getting so f*ck*ng sick of going to smack one of those dancing f*ck*ng michael flatley riverdance "dodge all over the place" elites and suddenly dying with his boot up my hole from behind me. They're hard enough to get anywhere near as it is without glitchy graphics messing you up.

Also if i have to sit through one more game of firefight that searches for an age then just matches me with one other player but throws 4 players worth of enemies at me i'll scream. It's absolutely NO fun just getting swarmed by more enemies than you can deal with, and dying over and over and over.....:mad:

I already enjoyed H3 more than reach, but network issues are really starting to bug me with this game. So much potential is being let down by a few major niggles with it at the moment.

Yeah, I kinda feel like those clowns who banged about H2 being better then H3 when it came out but I have to admit H3 multiplayer is much better then Reaches. Both games suffered from some crap network issues. It's just ****ty having to look at a black screen during a btb. It's also much easier then H3. The sniper rifle is practically a heat seeking weapon! They also need to hurry up the level cap, it's pathetic not to have the full game unlocked a month and a bit after release.

It doesn't encourage teamwork, it just encourages spaming of the same armor ability. The power sword has become useless against people who use it, team work does not mean staying in a group, there's no way to fan out and take several positions because you can't kill people. In slayer pro I get triple kill headshots and everything's great. But if it's normal slayer, 90% of the time the entire other team uses armor lock and I can't do ****. I have to wait around to kill them, and usually they have another guy right behind him.

I have really noticed this since reading your post..armour lock teams are really becoming annoying. They need to get rid of the confetti/wehey effect some people have when they are killed too...it's annoying enough to male you stop playing.

I only play btb swat and snipers. Playing ranked modes in any game online is an invite to a party full of douche bags.

I went back and played Halo 3 yesterday. I have a new idea for Halo Reach updates.

Shut down the servers and begin from scratch because it's terrible. I just noticed, that nothing changed in reach is an improvement(Other then graphics, but the frame rate issues take all the goo out of that).

/rant

That's it bungie. I've had enough of you and your cheap ass, bullsh1t game. Unbelievably cheap enemies that take two full clips of damage in the face and just keep coming, baddies that eat multiple headshots for breakfast, and just smack you once and kill you?? AI that are smart enough to position themselves where a rocket will go between their f*ck*ng LEGS?? Ridiculously designed spawn points that put you at a SERIOUS disadvantage every time you die, and a game that can't seem to get the god damn hang of putting FOUR players in a four player game or giving us a match that doesn't lag out every 5 minutes??

This blows in comparison to H3. I'm done with reach. Call of duty: black ops can't get here quickly enough.

....rant over....

What are the conditions for getting booted after a betrayl?? ...had a guy blatantly kill me so he could take the shotgun then later in the game he was killed by one of my plasma grenades that bounced off someone and straight away he booted me...have also been booted from elite slayer a few times for accidental betrayls which I think is ridiculous since it becomes a sticky fest in every game and there is nothing you can really do about the betrayls.

I kinda wish they'd bring back the old ranking system. The games were much more fun when they were evenly matched, and having a high rank actually meant you were good. Played against a General lastnight and he was absolutely sh*te, has just played the game for a MENTAL 14 days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ...have also been booted from elite slayer a few times for accidental betrayls which I think is ridiculous since it becomes a sticky fest in every game and there is nothing you can really do about the betrayls.
    Getting booted in rocket slayer is even dafter!

• Advertisement
Advertisement