Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 15-10-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

= Load of ****?.. Bringing it out this early was a mistake, and a big one at that. Gotta love the warrior nerf. I'm glad i'm having trouble downloading the patch and haven't been able to play, looking at forums like elitejerks ect it's saying warriors dps has dropped by about 50%.. I know they like to bring patches early so they can do hotfixes till cata's released but releasing it with a knowledge they're killing some classes UNTIL it's releases is just a joke, I'm sure anyone who plays a ret pala or a fury warrior will understand where i'm coming from.

Anyone else pissed about this patch? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Mines just crashing randomly at the moment... Although I'm on a MacBookPro so I'm used to the crashes during patching season... Crashing when I leave a BG, Anywhere near WG and numerous other places...

My FPS has taken a battering too, 1 fps in Dalaran when I'm used to 30-40 during peak times, some serious serious problems...

Can't really be assed to play it now until they've fixed it, sick of these stupid issues constantly from Blizz..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

blizz are such as$holes.

also, this thread should be in the wow forum, not the mmo one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27187856197/class-balance-as-of-oct-13-2010/

Warrior and Ret Paladin DPS got buffed, try log on again and do some proper testing in Raids and record the logs now. You should notice a drastic difference.

In terms of it being released - it's awesome. Cata is being released in under 2 months with a COMPLETE new game overhaul. They're giving players enough time, hopefully, to deal and become accustomed to all the new changes they are implementing.

Also, they don't release patches early so they can be hotfixed - that's what the BETA is/was for. Just like before the release of TBC they introduce a new patch and generally nerf all the end-game content so people can fully test and become accustomed to exactly what's changing in the game. 2 months advanced warning isn't even enough for the theorycraft nuts and we won't even get proper testing done until Raiding is implemented on the BETA, considering how drastic Cata changes are.

4.0 is awesome, and only further excites and prepares people for Cata release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

BG's are all about casters since the patch and Mages in particular are seriously overpowered. I have a near 1 second cast time on frost bolt, which is critting almost all the time for 20k+ and I'm also slowing you down to almost nothing, you can't even get near me. 2 critting frostbolts and you're dead or my pet has finished you off when it's frostbolts also crit on you :p

I'm told fire Mages are even more powerful but I haven't bothered trying that spec yet, 2 shotting every class is too enjoyable to warrant trying any other spec :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Oh and I was doing near 6k DPS just spamming Ice Lance for a laugh, an instant cast spell with no cooldown other than the global cooldown :D That's just mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Personally I've had no major issues with the patch, graphical performance is the same if not better than before.

In terms of class mechanics, I've a lvl80 Arcance Mage and DK tank, both of which have benefitted from the patch - particularly the DK as all my emblems of triumph were converted to Justice Points, allowing me to complete T10 equipment far quicker that expected. I also like the new Blood tanking spec.

I think most issues people have are down to using old add-ons; many of them aren't functioning correctly and I've had to turn a few off myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I keep crashing on naughty headless horseman even with all addons off, wtf+cache deleted etc. Its a pain since I need that stoopid helm for the achievement.

I am glad though they put this in now. There's alot of new mechanics in it, and really so many people were completely bored with the game, this at least gives people a chance to try things out before the race to 85 (zzzz).

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

I gotta admit, after the set of hotfixes they did they game as became, well, more fun to play. I generally like exploring the changes to spec/rotations/new spells~abilitys. And my grafical preformance has improved a lot, I must admit i don't like some of they stuff they've removed but a lot of the stuff they put in seems nice. Really can't wait to get to 85 and see how the game will be like once we're actually the level our specs ect are tuned for. Should be fun.
    And yeah, frost mages in pvp now=OP, gotta love that one of my alts is a mage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The data seems subjective then. My GM plays warrior, doesn't have much bad to say about it, and he's perfectly able to get to the top of the meter and break 10k and all that good stuff.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Frostyfrisco

Some of these bugs are just poor form however. The Headless Horseman crash is worked around by using a macro that disables the ingame tooltips. Its one of those things that you just shouldnt see in a finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

What people really really really have to remember in threads like this is that its pointless talking about dps numbers at this point in time.

The adjusted spells/abilities/talents are all adjusted for level 85 and not 80. This is why your seeing mages 1shot things in bg's. By the time everyone is 85 things will even out much more. The EXACT same thing happened before TBC and Wrath, but afair those patches came out a lot nearer to expansion release.

I cannot for the life of me work out why they released this patch 2 months before the expansion gets released.

The "we need 2 months to theorycraft" reason is utter nonsense. All the theorycrafting you do is completely thrown out with the couple of extra spells and talent points youll have at 85 not to mention the extra gear. Theorycrafting now will only yield results for now, not for raiding at 85.

• Advertisement

Dustaz wrote: »
    What people really really really have to remember in threads like this is that its pointless talking about dps numbers at this point in time.

The adjusted spells/abilities/talents are all adjusted for level 85 and not 80. This is why your seeing mages 1shot things in bg's. By the time everyone is 85 things will even out much more. The EXACT same thing happened before TBC and Wrath, but afair those patches came out a lot nearer to expansion release.

I cannot for the life of me work out why they released this patch 2 months before the expansion gets released.

The "we need 2 months to theorycraft" reason is utter nonsense. All the theorycrafting you do is completely thrown out with the couple of extra spells and talent points youll have at 85 not to mention the extra gear. Theorycrafting now will only yield results for now, not for raiding at 85.

I completly agree, it was idiotic bringing out the patch so early. I'm not guna bother trying to theory craft to work out best rotations/specs/gemming/reforging before the expansion, it's utterly useless and just a waste of gold. I seem to remember the patches for pre TBC and WoTLK came out a lot sooner to the expansions than this did, why they brought it out so early I think was to give all players a shot at endgame and get the gear they could never manage to, but yeah, it's great for all those players, but to the people already at endgame it's a tad annoying.

well what were the experiences like post-expansion in those cases? were they buggy or was it just that the wealth of new content distracted from those issues. My point being getting this out of the way now may make for a smoother expo.

This has been a lot more buggier than previous expansions. Afair there was very few major issues before the previous 2 and most of the kinks had been ironed out by the time you levelled to the new level cap.

I suspect the reason for the bugs this time around is that this patch and the expansion are being rushed out. Im continually hearing about bugs in the beta and that its not ready yet but its less than 2 months away now. Its very un-blizzard like and i cant understand why this is so.

Dustaz wrote: »
    This has been a lot more buggier than previous expansions. Afair there was very few major issues before the previous 2 and most of the kinks had been ironed out by the time you levelled to the new level cap.

I suspect the reason for the bugs this time around is that this patch and the expansion are being rushed out. Im continually hearing about bugs in the beta and that its not ready yet but its less than 2 months away now. Its very un-blizzard like and i cant understand why this is so.
    i do i do i do!!
    Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game based in the Star Wars universe.[3][4] Currently in development by BioWare Austin and a supplemental team at BioWare Edmonton, the game was first announced on October 21, 2008, at an invitation-only press event.[5] The Old Republic will be released as a Windows title.[6] The game is currently scheduled for a Q1/Q2 2011 release.
    Not to mention christmas, but yeah.

Really good point overheal, i didnt realise that was slated to come out as early as that.

Surely though theyd want their expansion to come out nearer the launch date to steal its thunder. Assuming swtor appears next summer (theres no way itll be before that) then well be into tier 2 and maybe tier 3 of raiding and thats when the drudgery starts. Wow will be ripe for the picking then.

on another note, all does not seem well in Mythic judging by that blog. Probably sour grapes though.

I think they don't want this situation happening now to happen then: that is, release cataclysm on top of Star Wars, have Cata bug-out, have x number of subscribers change games.

Right now people are already unsubbing but don't really have anything prominent to head over to. Some are waiting for Repulic, some are poking around in LOTOR and FFXIV. Personally, I can think of Eve, which if xkcd tells me anything, is quite different...

eve.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The lack of quality control for the 4.01 patch is of course due to the amount of staff Blizzard have working on Cata which has insane bugs in the starter zones for Worgan and Goblin which at this stage in the development should of been well done.

Pretty much the reason 4.0.1 went live so early is to keep their fan base alive, lots of people were beginning to get bored of the current content ect and with the release of so many other mmo's ect coming out soon they wanted to make sure they didn't lose anymore money, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

kev_like wrote: »
    I completly agree, it was idiotic bringing out the patch so early. I'm not guna bother trying to theory craft to work out best rotations/specs/gemming/reforging before the expansion, it's utterly useless and just a waste of gold. I seem to remember the patches for pre TBC and WoTLK came out a lot sooner to the expansions than this did, why they brought it out so early I think was to give all players a shot at endgame and get the gear they could never manage to, but yeah, it's great for all those players, but to the people already at endgame it's a tad annoying.
    The amount of regemming etc. my enhance shaman needed was just ridiculous. In the previous expansions you could not bother as quest greens were a couple of weeks or so away and there was no proper raiding. I wasn't going to bother this time either but my damage was just utterly shameful from guild top 5 to last but for the hunters. 2500g later and it's still not the mae west but I couldn't tolerate the fail. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

from reading this thread i think i will deffo leave my toons as is, sitting in cities with their specs reset till the expansions out, then see if i wanna start playing again then.

might roll a new toon then, a caster maybe.

• Advertisement

DapperGent wrote: »
    The amount of regemming etc. my enhance shaman needed was just ridiculous. In the previous expansions you could not bother as quest greens were a couple of weeks or so away and there was no proper raiding. I wasn't going to bother this time either but my damage was just utterly shameful from guild top 5 to last but for the hunters. 2500g later and it's still not the mae west but I couldn't tolerate the fail. :(

I'm not even bothering to regem my warrior, i'm only gemming properly the items i get from raiding, it's a waste of gold regemming 100% proper now unless your loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say I'm annoyed that I've only respecced and not done anything. Was having serious problems getting into instaces, but more so my internet is borked.

So hopefully when my net is sorted next week I can get stuck in, waste of a month resub though , shoulda waited : /

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

DapperGent wrote: »

Regemming is another reason 4.01 could of been held off for release nearer to Dec 7th as Cata ups the epic gems to +30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Did they not turn all Arp gems sockets into AP ?

nix wrote: »
    Did they not turn all Arp gems sockets into AP ?
    AP has been removed from the game, the only items with AP/SP are weapons now.
    ARP was changed into crit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

Thank god I stopped raiding after heroic icc back in june, its the most BORING ****ing thing in the game, what makes it worse is that ill have to raid 10mans again just to get pve gear to pvp in, blizz should just make ALL pve gear unusable in arean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

AP has been removed from the game, the only items with AP/SP are weapons now.
    ARP was changed into crit.

Think the AP ones were turned into Agility or Str depending on class. I swore I seen a mage gem Agility before the patch :D wonder did any clothies gem AP o.O wonder what that got changed to lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohemgeez

I'm not even bothering to regem my warrior, i'm only gemming properly the items i get from raiding, it's a waste of gold regemming 100% proper now unless your loaded.

Maybe its just me but HOW is regemmeing expensive, i have about 30 of each colour stacked up in my bank just from spending honor on gems...

i dont even get how that guy above this poster spent 2500g on gems thats ridculous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Uncut gems cost 100g or so on the AH on my server and cut ones go for around 150g, with a mechanic change you can have to replace every single gem you have, as was the case with enhance shamans in this patch. I also reforged every piece of armor which costs a wee bit. I think I've got getting towards 20 gem slots on my gear, just one set of gear. I dunno why you'd be surprised maybe gems are a lot cheaper on your server, or sums can be hard for some people.

I don't spend honor on gems because I don't PVP because it's sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

did my first 4.0 dungeon last night and enjoyed it using the Resto Druids new look and spell changes.

I'm itching to try a raid out and see how it goes.

Might spend the week getting the Hallows end chievement on the Warlock ( he just needs toothpick, was robbed last year) and might get it done on my Druid too.

Its my favourite event by far.

Also found since patch, and downloading it fully, my ingame fps is showing on average 180-200fps, even in combat.

Maybe its the new pc that I havnt tried much on WoW, but it looks a serious improvement if they have infact done anything.

Also really liking the changes to the UI. The flashing spells might get annoying in raids and I might disable but I'm happy with the way thing slook at the moment.

Advertisement