Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Week 7

• 15-10-2010 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised Mr Redout has not made thsi thread already.

Atlético Madrid v Getafe
    Barcelona v Valencia
    Málaga v Real Madrid

Sun 17 Oct
    Deportivo v Osasuna
    Espanyol v Mallorca
    Levante v Real Sociedad
    Racing Santander v Almería
    Athletic Bilbao v Zaragoza
    Sporting Gijón v Sevilla
    Hércules v Villarreal

Pick of these is obviously Barca V Valencia. Barca have been absolute muck at home so far this season, while Valencia have defied all predcitions (not mine) to top the table and still be unbeaten. Valencia have had a poor run of results in the Camp Nou in recent years though and one has the feeling that Barca are going to give someone the mother of all hidings at home sooner or later.

Real Madrids visit to Malaga arguably represents their toughest fixture to date. Malaga have started well, Real are starting to gel. Could be a very good game.

Gijon V Sevilla could be interesting to see as well to see how Manzano has put his stamp on the team this early.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Games on tv are

Saturday 16th
    Barcelona v Valencia (Kick-off 7.00pm) Sky Sports 4
    Malaga v Real Madrid (Kick-off 9.00pm) Sky Sports 4

Sunday 17th
    Athletic Bilbao v Real Zaragoza (Kick-off 6.00pm) Sky Sports 1 at 6.30pm
    Sporting Gijon v Sevilla (Kick-off 8.00pm)

Damn i love the way Sky always have the big teams on tv every week. Should be a good weekend of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MOG7 wrote: »

Damn i love the way Sky always have the big teams on tv every week. Should be a good weekend of games.

Thats how it works over there, they dont show anyone but the top teams.

Sevilla must win to keep in touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Reckon it should be 3 points for the Lions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Real to win 2-0 and Barca-Valencia a 2-2 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Xavi and pedro out for barcelona is a big blow.

Hopefully barca can get a great win against Valencia

Barcelona 2-1 Valencia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Valencia go 1 up against Barca after 38 mins. Good play by Valencia but ultimately took a deflection to put it in the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

very frustrating for barca this season, great away form but dire at home.

Valencia deserve the lead though, they have been very very good tonight...

And how did messi just miss that? :eek: Looked a lot tighter on the replay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

mars bar wrote: »
    Valencia go 1 up against Barca after 38 mins. Good play by Valencia but ultimately took a deflection to put it in the net.

thumbs_up.gifJose Mourinho likes this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

So much for this being the new SPL. Barcelona have been poor, Valencia excellent. Barca like Spain look a little jaded to me. I fancy Real for the title and Mourinho to reap the rewards for being in the right place at the right time; AGAIN.

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    So much for this being the new SPL. Barcelona have been poor, Valencia excellent. Barca like Spain look a little jaded to me. I fancy Real for the title and Mourinho to reap the rewards for being in the right place at the right time; AGAIN.

Real Madrid are not really that much better than Barca at the minute tbh. Its looking like Valencia might actually do it this season.

What a lovely goal. Iniesta 1-1.

MOG7 wrote: »
    What a lovely goal. Iniesta 1-1.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmvduaEHo-OcEuigaNyHALR39CcW4UCrZafr9UtcNB3F92_rk&t=1&usg=__Uwl5eMVJF9IIY1IlZ7h_Kb1vG6M=Jose Mourinho dislikes this

Real Madrid are not really that much better than Barca at the minute tbh. Its looking like Valencia might actually do it this season.

1-1

Real look like a steadier ship, though. They don't throw away goals like Barca and i expect they won't throughout the season. Typical Mourinho team. I don't think Valencia are good enough but i hope themselves and Villareal and Atletico. can keep touch with the big boys for most of the season.

1-1

Real look like a steadier ship, though. They don't throw away goals like Barca and i expect they won't throughout the season. Typical Mourinho team. I don't think Valencia are good enough but i hope themselves and Villareal and Atletico. can keep touch with the big boys for most of the season.

I have to agree with you there, Real are looking steady at the back, they still have a lot of work to do up front. Plus you can never underestimate Barca, maybe they are a bit jaded but they will get past that.

2 1 now. Puyol.

Puyol 2-1.

2 assists now for Xavi

cesar sanchez is unreal. he was very unlucky when it came to the spanish national team.

2-1 win for Barca, huge win. Very good performance in the 2nd half.

What a goal by Messi in the last minute, pity it was off side.

A diving chest! That's a first for me.

Barcelona answered all the questions, pretty emphatically. Great game.

• Advertisement

A diving chest! That's a first for me.

Barcelona answered all the questions, pretty emphatically. Great game.

Not a first time for Messi though, he's done it before

:D

huge win for Barca tonight though, i can see there season driving on from here.

Wonderful goal for Real. Great ball in by Ronaldo to the back post and an unreal finish from Higuain.

Malaga will be deserving of a goal if they keep this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Don't see anyone stopping us. Getting better with every game. New signings are settling and Mourinho is really in charge now.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Don't see anyone stopping us. Getting better with every game. New signings are settling and Mourinho is really in charge now.

I wouldn't be quiet so confident, yes ye are playing well at the minute but ye are yet to face one of the top 4 or 5 teams. With Athletico Madrid at the beginning of November and Barca at the end of November we'll know a lot more then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have an awful lot of man love for Puyol.

That is all....

That's 6 goals and 4 assists for Ronnie, topping both categories in La Liga so far this season. 8 goals in 8 games for club and country, he's on fire and in top form at the moment. I do love that man :)

capt.610de798dd9e4ea3aeaa5cab83239dbe.real_madrid_toronto_fc_soccer__fng101.jpg

I loved his celebration for his goal (not the peno I think). First time I think I've seen him do something other than point his index fingers to the sky! He seems to be enjoying himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

tolosenc wrote: »

Rofl, ya, you've it sewn up mate, you've been obliterating the best teams in the league convincingly all season. May aswell tell Pep and Emery to retire at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Archimedes wrote: »
    That's 6 goals and 4 assists for Ronnie, topping both categories in La Liga so far this season. 8 goals in 8 games for club and country, he's on fire and in top form at the moment. I do love that man :)

capt.610de798dd9e4ea3aeaa5cab83239dbe.real_madrid_toronto_fc_soccer__fng101.jpg

Struggling under Jose though apparently.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Barca Valencia game last night was an amazing piece of tactical battle with Emery fielding Mathieu in a midfield role to help combat Busquets in the middle and then help with Messi on the wing with the extra defensive power of Fernandes and Albelda already holding the middle.

The quality of football was spectacular and Valencia held there own for long periods of the game, taking the lead in a period of the game where they were pressing more and more forward and well deserved a goal. Subsequently a few minutes later Hernandez had a chacne to make it 2nil but he fluffed a half open net and this was a costly miss.

In the whole though I feel barca deserved the win. The 2nd half fromm the 50-70min there were untouchable and even Emery could not aid the cause if he jumped on the pitch and made it 12v11. Barca should have won this match about 4-1 but for some great goalkeeping and last ditch defending it would have been.

All in all im happy with Valencia's performance even if it was slightly negative with the likes of Hernandez and Auriz, Mata and Vincente on the bench im confident that we will do wel las its not every week you'll paly a team as outstanding and on fire as Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Valencia were far superior in the first, Barca far far better the second. Going on chances, it shoulda ended 5-3. Great game.

Sevilla are going to have to turn this around soon.

Good win for Athletic earlier, they needed that badly after there last couple results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Barca vs Valencia match was enthralling!
    Tactically Valencia were spot on.
    Good to see Pablo scoring too, he's been growing and becoming a more composed footballer with every game.

As for Barcelona, the minutes will do the likes of Pedro, Messi and Xavi a world of good. Barcelona have got through that rough patch with injuries and such with there heads held high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Villareal missed the chance to go top of La Liga for the first time in their history after a 2-2 draw with Hercules last night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement