Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duff McKagan Joins Guns N Roses onstage.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Was he late ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

iMax wrote: »
    Was he late ?

Nice to see, gutted I missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Interesting, from the article he played guitar, bass and er.. tambourine on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

That's pretty cool, strange sight to see them sharing the stage after such a large period of time, but brings back memories of Guns in their hayday.

And so begins the rumors anew of an original line up reunion....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Everybody should know that such a thing wont happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

That's pretty cool, strange sight to see them sharing the stage after such a large period of time, but brings back memories of Guns in their hayday.

Not unless Axl and Slash patch things up.

But yeah it was nice seeing Duff and Axl together again. However I believe it's common knowledge now that Axl is on good terms with both Duff and Izzy Stradlin so I guess it was only a matter of time before we saw them on stage. But I don't know.

Seeing Axl and Slash onstage together again, is my biggest dream. Nothing else beats that, you could have Axl, Izzy and Duff come back together again but the feeling would still bitter unless Slash was with them. Oh and I guess Steven Adler as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

iMax wrote: »
    Was he late ?

Over an hour late and played 90 minutes past the O2's curfew apparently:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

its because of some drunking assholes that we will not see any kind of guns n roses in Ireland ever again.

Axl needs to be forgiven for being late, walking off stage etc by people at the show on the 1st september. He seems to be after getting his act together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I think the best chance to see a reunion is Axl, Duff, Izzy, and Steve Adler getting together. This would be buffered by the likes of Richard Fortus, who has been with the band almost as long as Slash was. I dont think Slash will ever come back. If I had my way, Buckethead would have permanantly replaced Slash, and that would be the end of the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

PTH2009 wrote: »
    its because of some drunking assholes that we will not any kind of guns n roses in Ireland again.

IMO Axl is forgiven for being late, walking off stage etc. please come back

I have seen snippets from the gig at the 02 in London. It goes without saying, that asshole who threw the final bottle ensured we were deprived of a great show, no matter what combination of musicians were on the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Het-Field wrote: »
    I think the best chance to see a reunion is Axl, Duff, Izzy, and Steve Adler getting together. This would be buffered by the likes of Richard Fortus, who has been with the band almost as long as Slash was. I dont think Slash will ever come back. If I had my way, Buckethead would have permanantly replaced Slash, and that would be the end of the matter.

Still wouldn't be GN'R imo. Slash was every bit as important as Axl in the iconic GN'R line-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I love how some people are trying to absolve Axl and the organisers of any blame for what happened in Dublin.

In London at the o2 he was late BUT it looks like the o2 took precautions after Dublin, they had signs up everywhere informing the crowd that the band would be late and they also put on late transportation for the gig.

Still someone threw a bottle at Axl and Richard during the show. This time however Axl didn't throw a hissy fit and instead laughed it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

RonMexico wrote: »
    Still someone threw a bottle at Axl and Richard during the show. This time however Axl didn't throw a hissy fit and instead laughed it off.

Anyone who doesn't realise at this time that there were deeper problems in Dublin obviously will never get it. Axl didn't want to go out on stage that night, and those reasons are his own, but the sensible and responsible thing to do would have been to tell MCD so they could cancel the show and not waste everyone's time and then cause all these problems in the aftermath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

The amount of people willing to accept and forgive Rose's behaviour astounds me ... he is the dictionary definition of a spolit brat diva ... rock n roll my arse , he's a joke. Las Vegas retirement beckons ... away with you and your facelift - you gob****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

RayCon wrote: »
    The amount of people willing to accept and forgive Rose's behaviour astounds me ... he is the dictionary definition of a spolit brat diva ... rock n roll my arse , he's a joke. Las Vegas retirement beckons ... away with you and your facelift - you gob****e.

Didn't I read somewhere that Bowie kept playing in Europe a few years ago even though he was hit in his good eye by a lollipop

That wouldnt have been very Rock n'Roll

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

CDfm wrote: »
    Didn't I read somewhere that Bowie kept playing in Europe a few years ago even though he was hit in his good eye by a lollipop

That wouldnt have been very Rock n'Roll

Look at Adam Ant. He wears an eye patch not cause it's cool but because he got conjunctivitis in his eye from all the crowds gobbing at him over the years!

Proper rock n' roll.;)

Advertisement