Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new tank

Options
  • 15-10-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

So my community tank is fully stocked now but I want to get another one! I was originally thinking of getting 2 Oscars but from reading a few forums I would have to get at least a 450litre tank which might be a bit big!

I was thinking of about 240 litre and getting a few cichlids, going to head out tomorrow to have a look at a few but maybe someone here can recommend some stocking options for that size tank?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mrpink6789 wrote: »
    So my community tank is fully stocked now but I want to get another one! I was originally thinking of getting 2 Oscars but from reading a few forums I would have to get at least a 450litre tank which might be a bit big!

I was thinking of about 240 litre and getting a few cichlids, going to head out tomorrow to have a look at a few but maybe someone here can recommend some stocking options for that size tank?

I'm starting off with cichlids now and have frontosa in a 300l tank. Good hardy fish to start off

These are alot different to your average community fish so do your research

Advertisement