Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show : October 15th 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭rodberg007

jos28 wrote: »
    Night all, I'm off to watch Imelda May on BBC2

Ah great thanks - she's very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lads check this out, we have a new more direct forum to comment on

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1015/thelatelateshow.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭SHREDDER

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Not a bad show to be fair, I found it a lot better than last week's episode.

Ryhs Ifans was funny enough though.

mike65 wrote: »
    Lads check this out, we have a new more direct forum to comment on

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1015/thelatelateshow.html

I think one is enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

breaux wrote: »
    Prize money of €10,000. They make a minimum of €70000 with all the gobshi*tes that text and fone in.

Yes in Gay's time it was an actual prize which meant something and not a profit gathering excercise. Remember the massive postcard box he used to sieve through for a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Skanger totty
    Bet you would not say NO though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

SHREDDER wrote: »
    Ryhs Ifans was funny enough though.
    Not last week though. Showing your age!
    Ya think DLB was in better form this week. Twas far from entertaining though!
    Thank God for this thread;)

Yes in Gay's time it was an actual prize which meant something and not a profit gathering excercise. Remember the massive postcard box he used to sieve through for a winner.

Gay was fairly patronising to be honest. Did you ever here him talking to Rory Gallagher? Like the man was a daft child.

I wonder does he ever ride the harley U2 gave him? I think not.
    Dust collecter, if ever there was one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I will be really upset if after all the crap FF have put us through, one of their gang becomes President. The complete opposite of what we need right now. I don't care how nice he is.

• Advertisement

rebel10 wrote: »

Christ, that was quick.

I agree - this thread is more entertaining than the amount of s***e on the show!!

Christ, that was quick.
    Yup, and these 28yr old nimble fingers seem to be getting better with age!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

dory wrote: »
    I will be really upset if after all the crap FF have put us through, one of their gang becomes President.

I think it will take more than a wheelchair and a "but we did a lot of good things as well" attitude to get him elected... and I dont mean to be cruel on that.. I'm sure he does get a lot of sympathy votes, similar to the way that Brian Lenihan gets a lot of leniency because of his illness... I dont wish either of the them their ails, but it is a significant point for both of them...

It's simple though, whoever is the FF candidate for the presidency will NOT get elected, they will feel the backlash of the electorate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

dory wrote: »
    I will be really upset if after all the crap FF have put us through, one of their gang becomes President. The complete opposite of what we need right now. I don't care how nice he is.

The scary thing is that according to recent polls, a quarter of the population would still vote FF.

Now that's mind-boggling!

The place has gone to ****! What would Enda Kenny do in a time like this?

Bags have been 25 cent for ages, fat use!

Oh God! I'm going to Sydney with my finest GAA jersey!

• Advertisement

Yup, and these 28yr old nimble fingers seem to be getting better with age!;)

Tell that to Jimmy Page 66.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Not a bad show to be fair, I found it a lot better than last week's episode.

That's not saying much in fairness. I thought it was just as bad TBH. I'm sick to death of all the sad stories every week. If the line-up next week is no better think I'll give it a miss and find something better to do my time... like scrubbing the loo. Couldn't be any worse than the sh*te served up tonight :rolleyes:

G'night all.

Eh just kidding, my toilet is always spotless

<---- a stickler for cleanliness

Koloman wrote: »
    The scary thing is that according to recent polls, a quarter of the population would still vote FF.

Now that's mind-boggling!

It's probably because they don't have much confidence in the current government and that in turn doesn't leave them to believe that there is a better solution to the problem and if another party was elected they would probably make it worse rather than better!!

Greentopia wrote: »
    That's not saying much in fairness. I thought it was just as bad TBH. I'm sick to death of all the sad stories every week. If the line-up next week is no better think I'll give it a miss and find something better to do my time... like scrubbing the loo. Couldn't be any worse than the sh*te served up tonight :rolleyes:

G'night all.

Maybe a few pints would be nice. Or perhaps rent a movie.

G'night all.

On behalf of The Baseballs, Gute Nacht...

ooooooh , the Late Late Movie... hope Tubridy isnt in this..

• Advertisement

On behalf of The Baseballs, Gute Nacht...

ooooooh , the Late Late Movie... hope Tubridy isnt in this..

i heard he was in this, http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a81_1286397246&c=1

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

Mimojo wrote: »
    So is he running for president...is this what this whole interview is all about??
    is there a pun there (running )???????????????????????:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I think it will take more than a wheelchair and a "but we did a lot of good things as well" attitude to get him elected... and I dont mean to be cruel on that.. I'm sure he does get a lot of sympathy votes, similar to the way that Brian Lenihan gets a lot of leniency because of his illness... I dont wish either of the them their ails, but it is a significant point for both of them...

It's simple though, whoever is the FF candidate for the presidency will NOT get elected, they will feel the backlash of the electorate..

Agree with your post; but if the current route the government is following is continued with, there probably won't even be a presidential election.
    The country will collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

... I'm sick to death of all the sad stories every week...

But we have to ask ourselves, in a show that is 2 hrs 10 mins long, what do we want from it? Surely the entire show can't be just "light entertainment", there is room for more serious subjects too.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Bit of a mixed bag tonight as usual. Hector, followed by a bit of music that in DLB's own words "put us in good form", at which point I said to the girlfriend, "he'll follow this up with some fella with cancer"....

And out walks Liam Hayes... :o

But we have to ask ourselves, in a show that is 2 hrs 10 mins long, what do we want from it? Surely the entire show can't be just "light entertainment", there is room for more serious subjects too.

At least this week there was a side show at the beginning, in the form of song and dance. We got our moneys worth there, did we not?

Maybe a few pints would be nice. Or perhaps rent a movie.

And find a man! I'm in a dry spell (no sniggering there in the back row :D) and the talent around here is sh*te. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Here is our next President

225px-Strauss-Kahn%2C_Dominique_%28official_portrait_2008%29.jpg

No it's not Bertie! It's the head of the IMF! Dominique Strauss-Kahn.

And find a man! I'm in a dry spell (no sniggering there in the back row :D) and the talent around here is sh*te. :(

Depends where you are.

Yes there is 'room for serious subjects' but one's of a constructive nature and not all doom and gloom!

• Advertisement

No it's not Bertie! It's the head of the IMF!

He's got a nice Faaaaccceeee!!!!!

Agree, but God now more than ever we need something light!
    Serious subjects tend to dominate the show and its something Ryan isin't capable of doing well. I think we hear enough daily nightmares at work and during the week generally, Friday is about switching off.
    The light entertainment they offer is pathetic

He's got a nice Faaaaccceeee!!!!!

He could be our next leader never mind president!!!!!

Depends where you are.

Arklow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That was a dreadful interview by Brian Crowley.

He's talking off the record about going for the presidency for years.

If he wasn't going to announce his candidacy, and why he should be elected, he shouldn't have been on the show.

He was so dull and uninspiring - he came across like Eoin McLove from Father Ted,

eoin-mclove.jpg
    images%3Fq%3Deoin%2Bmclove&zoom=1&q=eoin+mclove&hl=&usg=___qmNGrOnUq6XLWuF3Om5dhlMbQA=&sa=X&ei=K964TJnUHYW6jAeQz-WlAQ&ved=0CBkQ9QEwAQ

Arklow :(
    Going out there next wkend!!!!.............But i'm female, sorry:o

No worries :)
    Go to Christies or The Royal. Only half decent pubs to go. IMO.

Don't let that stop ye, shur we need some light entertainment on a weekend. :)

Don't let that stop ye, shur we need some light entertainment on a weekend. :)
    Oh you!!!!;)

• Advertisement

Actual well thought-out 'entertainment' and less of Tubridy's Fianna Fail bias would probably do the trick.
    RTE is supposed to be the national broadcaster, right? For all the people of this country? Not the broadcaster of a certain party and the sitting government?
    People, as far as i'm aware, don't expect anything too extraordinary; just a little bit of inspiration and some impartiality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

No it's not Bertie! It's the head of the IMF! Dominique Strauss-Kahn.

Will he sit in a kitchen cupboard to advertise a daily rag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

SkidMark wrote: »
    That was a dreadful interview by Brian Crowley.

He's talking off the record about going for the presidency for years.

If he wasn't going to announce his candidacy, and why he should be elected, he shouldn't have been on the show.

He was so dull and uninspiring - he came across like Eoin McLove from Father Ted,

eoin-mclove.jpg
    images%3Fq%3Deoin%2Bmclove&zoom=1&q=eoin+mclove&hl=&usg=___qmNGrOnUq6XLWuF3Om5dhlMbQA=&sa=X&ei=K964TJnUHYW6jAeQz-WlAQ&ved=0CBkQ9QEwAQ

Hey, read back this thread. Seemingly you can't be saying this type of thing about people in wheelchairs. No criticisms allowed. ;)

Will he sit in a kitchen cupboard to advertise a daily rag?

He has a private life that would put even Bertie to shame...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4972855.ece

:eek::eek: I met this guy in Dunnes Stores car park last week.. he said he had " e lotta leatherrr jackets, that he a could a not bring bak a ona his flight with him, and I a could a get a extra special deal-A"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

They need to reduced the length of the show so. 2 hours and 15 minutes is way too long.

• Advertisement

:eek::eek: I met this guy in Dunnes Stores car park last week.. he said he had " e lotta leatherrr jackets, that he a could a not bring bak a ona his flight with him, and I a could a get a extra special deal-A"...

You may actually have done. The IMF are hucksters in better suits. If we keep doing what we're doing, the best case scenario for us is that these thiefs will be here to rob what little we have left, with our own consent.

They need to reduced the length of the show so. 2 hours and 15 minutes is way too long.

If they were capable of judging the peaks and troughs of people's attention over that period of time, and had guests that were interesting enough to excite people's imaginations, they could easily fill 2.25 hours.... A really depressing story and a FF broadcast does not constitute an interesting, imagination exciting period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'd a few drinks last night so didn't think I should post for obvious reasons

I don't like Catherine Lynch - however I thought when she went over to DLB he should have handled that whole situation a lot better - he should have interviewed her for 5 - 7 minutes - this is the second time recently it has become apparent that he can't deal with "the unexpected" (the other week was Barry Humphries).

Hector - not my cup of tea.

I like Carol Vorderman - but she's more an afternoon show guest.

Rugby guy and MEP fella - don't know them but found him interesting in parts.

Did I miss the "panel debate" last night.

Brendan O'Connor's show is much better imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

deelite wrote: »
    I'd a few drinks last night so didn't think I should post for obvious reasons

I don't like Catherine Lynch - however I thought when she went over to DLB he should have handled that whole situation a lot better - he should have interviewed her for 5 - 7 minutes - this is the second time recently it has become apparent that he can't deal with "the unexpected" (the other week was Barry Humphries).

Hector - not my cup of tea.

I like Carol Vorderman - but she's more an afternoon show guest.

Rugby guy and MEP fella - don't know them but found him interesting in parts.

Did I miss the "panel debate" last night.

Brendan O'Connor's show is much better imo

:) actually it was a meath gailic footballer,liam hayes,he was the best on it, the rest was crap,seen brendan o connor last week,not bad,not bad at all, for a cork lad:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

realies wrote: »
    :) actually it was a meath gailic footballer,he was the best on it, the rest was crap,seen brendan o connor last week,not bad,not bad at all, for a cork lad:D

Thanx for that as me granny used to say once there's boys there'll always be balls.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement