Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom LL but wanna keep BB

• 15-10-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am very happy with my eircom BB service, however I dont need the Landline service anymore and wanted to cancel it. However I rang eircom and I have been told I would have to cancel both....

My question, Can I just get a Broadband deal from another company that will look after this transition for me? I mean all the infrastruture is in place so its just a matter of switching providers, however as I work from home I cannot be without BB for any period of time, the trasition to another company needs to be quick and seamless.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Only if you go to Cable, fibre or Metro.

All DSL broadband needs the Landline rental.

So, really you can't cancel the landline.

(Mobile isn't at all Broadband BTW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Toplink wrote: »
    Hi,

I am very happy with my eircom BB service, however I dont need the Landline service anymore and wanted to cancel it. However I rang eircom and I have been told I would have to cancel both....

My question, Can I just get a Broadband deal from another company that will look after this transition for me? I mean all the infrastruture is in place so its just a matter of switching providers, however as I work from home I cannot be without BB for any period of time, the trasition to another company needs to be quick and seamless.

Any help appreciated.

This is known as "naked DSL" and as far as I know no company offer this in Ireland. You have to take the landline and the bundled calls.

Seems stupid as the vast majority of people only want their landline for broadband anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Thanks folks.

Seems a bit ridiculous alright. Ah well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone know the adress that you write your letter of cancellation to? Wrote it down but forgot it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

its more than likely on eircom.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement