Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass rapes in DR Congo.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

digme wrote: »
    whys that?

Honestly I'd have to write an essay to address all the things that were wrong with your post (IMO), but suffice it to say that I don't think being racist to assylum seekers and foreign nationals is an appropriate response to the issue being discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

curlzy wrote: »
    Honestly I'd have to write an essay to address all the things that were wrong with your post (IMO), but suffice it to say that I don't think being racist to assylum seekers and foreign nationals is an appropriate response to the issue being discussed.
    You lost the argument already bud, you brought race into it,if that's the best you can do go over to Africa/sh!thole and enjoy yourself on the dole.
    bye bye now.

prinz wrote: »
    Not even remotely..

Explain please??? If you disagree a more robust response would be much appreciated. Also if you're going to quote me it's kinda unfair to quote one sentence without the next sentence which qualifies what I meant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sub Saharan Africa is pretty fooked. We can debate the whys all day, but that bit's hardly debatable. Yes of course the west played and still plays a huge part in it, but we need to start calling a spade a spade and face up to the fact that it needs more than charity, ploughing money at the problem and wringing of hands. Other African leaders need to start getting involved. Take Mugabe. Utter scumbag, who with his cronies have turned what was once the breadbasket of Africa into a craphole so bad, there are regular food shortages. Yet his neighbours rarely if ever say or do a damn thing. The Chinese are moving in at the moment across the continent, economic imperialism pretty much. I can't see that going any better for the locals any time soon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

You lost the argument already bud, you brought race into it,if that's the best you can do go over to Africa/sh!thole and enjoy yourself on the dole.
    bye bye now.

1. I'm female.
    2. I have an excellent job.
    3. You're original response was that Africa is ****ed and we shouldn't let African's into the country, so it was you who brought race into it.
    4. :p

1. I'm female.
    3. You're original response was that Africa is ****ed and we shouldn't let African's into the country, so it was you who brought race into it.
    I don't care what you are.You brought race up like a little girl.
    It's a delinquent backwards country, because the west raped it and continue to do so,those people over there in africa aren't even educated for christ sake.As i said it's a sh!thole.

It's a delinquent backwards country, because the west raped it and continue to do so,those people over there in africa aren't even educated for christ sake.As i said it's a sh!thole.

:rolleyes: Does your parents know you're using the internet unsupervised? Tut tut, naughty, naughty!!! You know Santa won't come if you go on like that?

1. I'm not a guy.
    3. You're original response to this thread was that Africa is a ****hole and we shoudn't let african's into the country, so it was in fact you who brough race into it.

:rolleyes: Does your parents know you're using the internet unsupervised? Tut tut, naughty, naughty!!! You know Santa won't come if you go on like that?
    ah now sucking up to me won't get you anywhere ya racist :p
    oh btw miss great job, it's not who you are , it's what you do.

• Advertisement

Stop repeating yourself. If you've nothing intelligent to add would you not just go play with your transformers or something?

lol, shh now little one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Why not just give those women handguns and training in how to use them ?

ah now sucking up to me won't get you anywhere ya racist :p
    oh btw miss great job, it's not who you are , it's what you do.

:rolleyes: Jealous much?

im self employed and loaded.
    now run along little girl

Morlar wrote: »
    Why not just give those women handguns and training in how to use them ?

It would be so awesome if they did that and it worked but I can't see it really. I'd say the militia would just go around and take the guns to cause more mayhem. Interesting idea though.

• Advertisement

im self employed and loaded.
    now run along little girl

Yeah you sound like a genius, and so classy!!!! And so intelligent, actually Digme I'm so very impressed with you I'm going to write an epic poem about you...... anyone know what rhymes with witless gob****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Most of us Africans are at least edumacated enough to realise Africa is not a country but a Continent....

What's your excuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Explain please??? If you disagree a more robust response would be much appreciated. Also if you're going to quote me it's kinda unfair to quote one sentence without the next sentence which qualifies what I meant.

It smacks of a shirking of personal responsibility. What you are saying basically amounts to this.. and not to belittle the issue whatsoever but I couldn't think of a better example..

Take a pub, and a group of guys. The publican together with a drinks company puts on a special offer which encourages a drinking binge. Three of the guys get pissed off their heads, publican keeps serving them, and eventually they start to beat another customer up for some reason.

You say, blame the drinks company for the violence first. If we stopped the drinks company supplying the drink to the drink, it would run out and the fighting would eventually stop as they sober up... and while we wait some of the customers are probably dead or seriously injured.

In reality they all had a part to play in causing it, but the best thing to do to save the customers from harm is send in the cops and stop the brawl immediately. Deal with the perpetrators. Then punish the publican, then the drinks company.

Just like in the DRC they all have a part to play, the companies making the money, the people running the state but most importantly the scum terrorising, murdering and raping the people. The history of the Congo is no excuse or provides no immunity for warlords to run free. They need to get their own house in order, it's clear that they are unable to do that.

A lot of countries have been exploited. It's not a get-out-of-jail-free card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Ever heard of the word corruption?

If they can't restore some sort of balance to these remote towns then there should be an outside intervention. No one wants anything to do with dr congo, its a mess.
    Of course I've heard of corruption. It's a crime which should be punishable by law. What else do you do with it? Accept it? Blame it on something done by others some time in the past? Rule of law is the foundation of any nation state: they have the laws, now they need to enforce them. I don't (yet) have an opinion on who should do it.

Even if past crimes are to blame, assigning blame alone doesn't change anything. Nothing will happen until they get over the past, as South Africa has done with more success than was hoped for. The rule of law is a simple concept: I know what I'm saying is simple, but that doesn't mean it's simplistic

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Help save a Congolese woman from getting the Sausage

By the time you have finished reading this message, another 30 Congolese women will have received a pack of Denny's.

Please send your bank account name and details to the Stop the Sausage Appeal at ubuntuisawayloo3@hotmail.com

• Advertisement

Mena wrote: »
    Most of us Africans are at least enough to realise Africa is not a country but a Continent....

What's your excuse?

But I never said it was a country,I said congo was.
    The amount of Africans that are educated is minuscule and a disgrace.I'm sure you'd agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

To be fair the West is trying to improve the Human rights situation in most African countries but their progress is being slowed down by the Chinese. The African countries could survive without Western aid and investment simply due to the high level of investment and aid they receive from China. China is willing to plow money into African countries with no requirement of African leaders to improve human rights abuses. The Chinese only care about exploiting the natural resources, they do not care about the people who are suffering. The West can not withdraw because if they were to every single African country would severely regress and all semblance of democracy would fall away to lead to countless dictatorships and civil wars. The only hope for democratic African nations is for the West to continue its involvement within Africa.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    To be fair the West is trying to improve the Human rights situation in most African countries but their progress is being slowed down by the Chinese. The African countries could survive without Western aid and investment simply due to the high level of investment and aid they receive from China. China is willing to plow money into African countries with no requirement of African leaders to improve human rights abuses. The Chinese only care about exploiting the natural resources, they do not care about the people who are suffering. The West can not withdraw because if they were to every single African country would severely regress and all semblance of democracy would fall away to lead to countless dictatorships and civil wars. The only hope for democratic African nations is for the West to continue its involvement within Africa.

What west? They fcked the country and when i say country i mean "congo" up lol and now they feel guilt?
    Bollocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Anyone else thought TC meant rapes at mass (church) in Congo...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Damn the West!

When are these Galwegians gonna leave Dublin to run itself?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Time to lighten the mood, Congo was a crap movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Hide yo' kids. Hide yo' wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

America/Belgium/IMF/*insert usual suspects here* are not responsible for a man raping a woman/child/other anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Curlzy and digme quit it please.

super-rush wrote: »
    Curlzy and digme quit it please.

:o Sorry, it was too hard not to answer but I shall stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

prinz wrote: »
    Like I said, there are people pocketing obscene amounts of wealth by keeping the status quo,

I saw these long haired feckers in Castlebar 33 years ago. I knew they were bad news.

Advertisement