Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be honest, I thought how fussy the women were demonstrated the following.

Some of these women might be on the telly for a bit of craic.. but let's face it, a couple of them are on telly for their "15 minutes". I mean I seriously have my doubts all of the women are genuinely interested in finding a man on television.

And remember.. the sooner they leave, the sooner they're off the telly. If that's not an excuse for some of them to be fussy, what is?

It's a flawed concept to be honest. As if women can get 9 weeks of exposure / TV time out of being fussy, they will!

Let's face it.. they're not gonna be hired by XPose just for this (although I would't put it past TV3) but it's exposure for them if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Really enjoyed it have to say - liked the UK one as well.
    Lets face it - its cringe TV on both sides, but the major problem with the Irish one - there is no one like Daisy to keep me interested :p
    [IMG][/IMG]

We are just not used to seeing Irish dating shows so the accents and lines are all very tacky.

Didn't like "Foley". I know he is a DJ but don't know him at all from the radio. Doesn't cut the mustard though. Paddy is a good looking lad and I almost always got the impression on the UK one that the girls would all prefer to date Paddy than the lads, but does anyone find "Foley" attractive?

Its cringe worthy TV and fair play to most for going on for the laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Are ye for real

Is that right?? Let me see Siobhan, what do you actually know about any of those girls on the show???( " they dont want to be overshadowded,they all mammy's girls,snobby thrashy saddo's" ) People in glass houses cant through stones Miss. From what i read you seem like the trashy(not thrashy) saddo here!!!! These girls done something nothing wrong to no-body. ITS A BLOODY GAME SHOW!!!! So ye would want to relax with your sniddy comments :):) x have a nice day

Ya big child ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is that right?? Let me see Siobhan, what do you actually know about any of those girls on the show???( " they dont want to be overshadowded,they all mammy's girls,snobby thrashy saddo's" ) People in glass houses cant through stones Miss. From what i read you seem like the trashy(not thrashy) saddo here!!!! These girls done something nothing wrong to no-body. ITS A BLOODY GAME SHOW!!!! So ye would want to relax with your sniddy comments :):) x have a nice day
    Ya big child ya!
    Who are you talking to?! :confused:

• Advertisement

Who do you think you are mate!! is it a playground your in?? No i dont know her, but here thats well out of line!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

this is going well!!:D

Who do you think you are mate!! is it a playground your in?? No i dont know her, but here thats well out of line!

are you trying to text someone but you've just forgotten that it's the interwebs you're on and not your phone???:confused:

they dont want to be overshadowded,they all mammy's girls,snobby thrashy saddo's

Is that right?? Let me see Siobhan, what do you actually know about any of those girls on the show???( " they dont want to be overshadowded,they all mammy's girls,snobby thrashy saddo's" ) People in glass houses cant through stones Miss. From what i read you seem like the trashy(not thrashy) saddo here!!!! These girls done something nothing wrong to no-body. ITS A BLOODY GAME SHOW!!!! So ye would want to relax with your sniddy comments smile.gifsmile.gif x have a nice day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Hilarious!!

How far back were those comments from Siobhan? Which one were you Are you for Real?

• Advertisement

I was not on the show, but reading some of these comments make me wonder! No wonder the girls were so picky, when they have the likes of the guys on this to deal with! Whats wrong with all the HATERS?? Some of those comments should be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Lmao!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

This thread today has been a beam of light in a cloudy, lab report filled day :pac:

EDIT: Foley just announced on radio that 340,000 people watched the show on Friday night. Not half bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Is that right?? Let me see Siobhan, what do you actually know about any of those girls on the show???( " they dont want to be overshadowded,they all mammy's girls,snobby thrashy saddo's" ) People in glass houses cant through stones Miss. From what i read you seem like the trashy(not thrashy) saddo here!!!! These girls done something nothing wrong to no-body. ITS A BLOODY GAME SHOW!!!! So ye would want to relax with your sniddy comments smile.gifsmile.gif x have a nice day

The ironing is delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No wonder the girls were so picky, when they have the likes of the guys on this to deal with!

The girls on the show aren't dealing with, and haven't had to deal with, the people on Boards.ie though. They are only dealing with the other people on the show. One has nothing to do with the other, so I don't see how anything said here, which is occurring after the show was filmed, could possibly have made the girls say and do things any differently. So, unless there's a time machine involved in this show, your comments are quite pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,276 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is repeated again tonight on 3e

is that the 3rd time it's been repeated?? how long can they drag out one show for??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Watched it over the weekend and it seems like a fun show, I'd definitely watch it again.

Fair play to the lads for having the balls to go on in front of 27 predictably fussy & hypocritical Irish women (3 were foreign as far as I could tell, one of which, Eleanor, was the best looking IMO).

Btw did anyone recognise anyone from the show? I recognised Rania, she is/was a waitress in a popular Japanese restaurant in Dublin. Seems like a nice girl actually :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Ya big child ya!

Yeah she is defo a contestant on the show with a line like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Raekwon wrote: »
    I recognised Rania, she is/was a waitress in a popular Japanese restaurant in Dublin. Seems like a nice girl actually :)

Yeah, I thought she was one of the prettiest, most down to the earth seeming ones.

In terms of pickiness, surely if you're on the show for a laugh you'd be less picky :confused: Give some guy a chance if you're not looking for 'Mr Right.'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

basquille wrote: »
    To be honest, I thought how fussy the women were demonstrated the following.

Some of these women might be on the telly for a bit of craic.. but let's face it, a couple of them are on telly for their "15 minutes". I mean I seriously have my doubts all of the women are genuinely interested in finding a man on television.

And remember.. the sooner they leave, the sooner they're off the telly. If that's not an excuse for some of them to be fussy, what is?

It's a flawed concept to be honest. As if women can get 9 weeks of exposure / TV time out of being fussy, they will!

Let's face it.. they're not gonna be hired by XPose just for this (although I would't put it past TV3) but it's exposure for them if anything.

Exposure to what end?, NUTS or the Daily Star?

I was not on the show, but reading some of these comments make me wonder! No wonder the girls were so picky, when they have the likes of the guys on this to deal with! Whats wrong with all the HATERS?? Some of those comments should be removed.

That's five girls from the show, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

What actually amazes me is that a show like this is allowed to air.

Could you imagine the UPROAR this would cause if the sexes were reversed here!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

py2006 wrote: »
    What actually amazes me is that a show like this is allowed to air.

Could you imagine the UPROAR this would cause if the sexes were reversed here!! :rolleyes:

If Boards is anything to go by thirty lights would stay on til the end. Every hole etc*

*My apologies.

Thing is right, it's lots of GIRL posters who are being bitchy about the girls on the show, the lads are just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well this thread has certainly livened up in the last 48 hours!

I quite enjoyed the UK version myself :o, so I watched this over the weekend and I think most of the blame can be laid at TV3's door.

- The VERY poor quality encoding of the video on their own website
    - The poor production values (bad echo, cheap set, ridiculously over-the-top canned laughter for an audience of about 50)
    - The dodgy editing (at one point, there was a sudden cut to all the lights being out)
    - Ray is no Paddy!
    etc...

But given all that it wasn't bad - maybe a bit northside Dublin biased (and I say that AS a Northside Dub.. must be this living in the country thing I'm at! :)) but entertaining in its way. Few of the girls weren't bad either! I'll probably watch it again this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

jesus, is there some campaign by the girls on the show to put the tv forum boardsies in their place?

Faceless internet users (you will never meet I hope) having such an affect on your fragile egos - well here is some news; don't go on a tv show watched by 350,000 people if the opinions of strangers bother you so much

judging by the comments of some of the girls from the show on here I'd say many of the opinions voiced in this thread were pretty accurate so thanks for proving our point even further

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

donfers wrote: »
    Faceless internet users (you will never meet I hope) having such an affect on your fragile egos - well here is some news; don't go on a tv show watched by 350,000 people if the opinions of strangers bother you so much

440,000, apparantly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been hearing alot bout this from word of mouth and on facebook *Girl i know is on it Mairead blonde girl big smile ha*

Headed onto tv3 website gave it bout ten mins or so turned it off be honest not my cup of tea or type of show just my view no harm sure.

I dunno what any women apart from one is like personally all i can say is feck it if they wanted do it there choice personally i wouldnt of had balls go on tv etc.

End day whatever girls are nice and whatever girls are bitchs it will show on tv for who ever decides to watch it so thats there problem not ours.

All i can say for sure anyway is one girl i do know personally on that show is really nice fun down to earth person and she took part in it for the experience really. Ive been out had few drinks her shes decent girl and sure if she meets anyone threw this good luck to them :)
    Same goes for any other decent women on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mimz2010

Been hearing alot bout this from word of mouth and on facebook *Girl i know is on it Mairead blonde girl big smile ha*

Headed onto tv3 website gave it bout ten mins or so turned it off be honest not my cup of tea or type of show just my view no harm sure.

I dunno what any women apart from one is like personally all i can say is feck it if they wanted do it there choice personally i wouldnt of had balls go on tv etc.

End day whatever girls are nice and whatever girls are bitchs it will show on tv for who ever decides to watch it so thats there problem not ours.

All i can say for sure anyway is one girl i do know personally on that show is really nice fun down to earth person and she took part in it for the experience really. Ive been out had few drinks her shes decent girl and sure if she meets anyone threw this good luck to them :)
    Same goes for any other decent women on it.

go on ya good thing!!!

Advertisement