Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Renting Behaviour

Options
  • 15-10-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest, when renting as a student what is deemed appropriate behaviour? Is it ok to shower at 4am? Have people stay over? Borrow food? I know it probably varies greatly but just wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To quote an old phase: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Are you going to be renting with other students ?

Haveing other people stay over is ok pending on who you are renting from eg if it was just a room in some ones house then it might not be the best idea but if it is the whole place you are renting with others then it would be ok

As for showering at 4am would you like to be woken up by someone showering at 4am?

I would not Borrow food how would you like if you had food there for your dinner you come home and it was gone to be told by some one else i just borrowed your dinner

Someone having an electric shower at 4 am would boil my p1ss to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Is it ok to shower at 4am?

Your flatmates will not like it or you if you do this.

Same goes for taking their food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Borrow food? I know it probably varies greatly but just wondering.

How does one borrow food?

I presume you are talking about taking food and then replacing it later?

The above is not acceptable flat sharing behviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If any of your flatmates can hear the shower from their bedrooms then dont shower at 4am.

Do not take others food without their consent.

If the people you have over to stay are loud and will be partying all night then you wont be long getting on the wrong side of your flatmates (assuming they are not involved in said party of course). If you will be living in digs then chances are you wont be allowed have anyone over full stop.

Guage it from the general way the others in the house conduct themselves. If they have friends over 5 nights a week and stay up until 3am every morning then by all means do the same. However if they are a quieter bunch who like to hit the hay early then take it from me they will not appreciate the house turning into a frat house...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The reason for showering at 4am had better be good like coming home after work or having to go out early, I know students working or getting up early:eek: but some do:D, other then that no.

The rest depends on the house mates. If people are eating others basics, milk/bread etc, it may be a good idea to do a kitty for these. Anything else you'd need to ask and replace ASAP if they allow.

Advertisement