Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another crach at Rathduff

Options
  • 15-10-2010 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Another person killsed this morning at Rathduff on the n20 Mallow Cork road.

This must put the number of deaths in the double figures, not to mention the amount injured.

Is it time something is finally done with the road or are the council just going to sit back and let it continue to happen?

It is an absolute disgrace nothing has been done there. Shame on them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

from what i saw on the paper today, the pic of the crash looks like it was on the new part of the road a few hundred metre's on the mallow side of rathduff... that lay out is fine, why blame the council ? maybe the driver was not driving with due care !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

I have a feeling he wasnt driving with care. My mothers friend saw the whole thing. This is what she said.

The truck in front of him pulled in to the hard shoulder to let him pass. Next thing it seemed as if he changed his mind. And then he probably ren into the side of the lorry. Dont take my full word for it like but its what i heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

An artic causing another crash. nothing changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

I have a feeling he wasnt driving with care. My mothers friend saw the whole thing. This is what she said.

The truck in front of him pulled in to the hard shoulder to let him pass. Next thing it seemed as if he changed his mind. And then he probably ren into the side of the lorry. Dont take my full word for it like but its what i heard.
    NickDrake wrote: »

think it was the car's fault going by Zayn Elegant Freezer's post...not the artic !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Get your facts correct.. The car was overtaking..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fiver says two of the posters in this thread drive either a Skoda or a Micra.

dahamsta wrote: »
    Fiver says two of the posters in this thread drive either a Skoda or a Micra.

I would put a score down at least on that damhasta..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

Originally Posted by -dahamsta- Fiver says two of the posters in this thread drive either a Skoda or a Micra.
    -Corkie- wrote: »
    I would put a score down at least on that damhasta..:p

Grow up lads!

The fact is that if the road was a motorway that Man would be still alive.
    I drove that road for over 3 years and have seen a number of crashes at rathduff and a few near misses along the way as well.
    Sadly the only money I would bet is that more that one more person will be killed on the N20 before the M20 every gets built!

P.S. My guess is Corkie drives the Skoda and damhasta has the micra!

I certainly dont drive anything like one of them yokes. I agree the road should be a motorway (10 years ago imo) but a certain duty of care must be used by motorists. People lose the head way to easy.

Are cars not allowed to overtake?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Are cars not allowed to overtake?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No not on continous white lines. Read the ROTR.

No not on continous white lines. Read the ROTR.

What facts are you talking about?
    The truck was going towards Mallow and the car was coming from the Mallow direction. Have a look at this picture ...
    http://media.tcm.ie/media/images/r/RathduffCrashOct152010INTERNAL.jpg
    and tell me what kind of white lines do you see on the cars side of the road?

Don't talk as if you know what happened!

Either way, that stretch of road is very dangerous and remains so. Shame on the council.

I hope the complainants in this thread have written to their local councillors about the issue. If you haven't, you don't really have the right to complain.

I hope the complainants in this thread have written to their local councillors about the issue. If you haven't, you don't really have the right to complain.

No right to complain? We have no right to complain? What the hell are you on about? Now that is a bit Irish. Vote Fianna Fail???

I have indeed contacted my councillor on it and so have many many others in the area. People are sick and tired of it.

Try reading the whole paragraph. Did your attention span run out half way through?

busman wrote: »
    What facts are you talking about?
    The truck was going towards Mallow and the car was coming from the Mallow direction. Have a look at this picture ...
    http://media.tcm.ie/media/images/r/RathduffCrashOct152010INTERNAL.jpg
    and tell me what kind of white lines do you see on the cars side of the road?

Don't talk as if you know what happened!

He crossed the fcukin white continous line. And I do know what happened btw. Also typical bus drivers always trying to pass out where they shouldnt and speeding.

He crossed the fcukin white continous line. And I do know what happened btw. Also typical bus drivers always trying to pass out where they shouldnt and speeding.

As you seem to know the full facts, do tell us what happened and why he crossed the line?

Also are you trying to suggest that I speed in my '69 VW bus?
    Talk about jumping to the wrong conclusion ... haha I wish!

I wasn't complaining, just stating an option and some facts.
    Complaining to anybody about the state of the roads in Ireland is about as much use as complaining the the weather man about the weather! Nether can do a dam about it!!!

busman wrote: »
    As you seem to know the full facts, do tell us what happened and why he crossed the line?

Also are you trying to suggest that I speed in my '69 VW bus?
    Talk about jumping to the wrong conclusion ... haha I wish!

I wasn't complaining, just stating an option and some facts.
    Complaining to anybody about the state of the roads in Ireland is about as much use as complaining the the weather man about the weather! Nether can do a dam about it!!!

The weatherman is not responsible for the weather but the council are responsible for the state of the roads.

The weatherman is not responsible for the weather but the council are responsible for the state of the roads.

No, they have about as much control over National Routes and Motorways as the weather men do!

Control over building and maintenance works on these roads is by the NRA, which is a "Independent statutory body" The are basically answerable only the Minister for Transport who is currently Noel Dempsey, need I say more?

• Advertisement

Didn't realise it was a national route; so that would be a TD you need to complain to folks. Since ye don't seem to be able to figure out facts and things like.

It's "crash" btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

God I hate that road! I'm from just over a mile from Rathduff and I go out of my way to avoid it. It's a death trap. Must have one of the worst road death records in the country for one road? And still nothing done. RIP to that man, regardless of whose fault it was.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    God I hate that road! I'm from just over a mile from Rathduff and I go out of my way to avoid it. It's a death trap. Must have one of the worst road death records in the country for one road? And still nothing done. RIP to that man, regardless of whose fault it was.
    The current plan for M20 from Cork to Limerick is currently with An Bord Pleanala a decision is due soon on 27/10/10. When it will be done, if ever, will depend on finding the money. Last estimate was around the billion mark!

I don't think that much will be done with the N20 except maybe patching until a nay or yay decision is finally made by goverment.

As I know now, the road had no influence on the "crash", Nobody was at fault, I was more an act of God than an accident.

Didn't realise it was a national route; so that would be a TD you need to complain to folks. Since ye don't seem to be able to figure out facts and things like.

Dam! The irony in that statement make me spill my tea!! :rolleyes:

There's a difference between knowledge and facts. I had no idea what the road was, I just saw comments here about the council and assumed it was a local road. That being said, I do accept blame for not realising that the people behind the idiotic comments were, in fact, complete idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gerriegirl

I agree. It's possible to voice concerns here but not much point if further action isn't taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Let's not forget a person died here. A family are grieving this weekend and for the rest of their lives. Blaming people ain't going to help.

PcAngel wrote: »
    Let's not forget a person died here. A family are grieving this weekend and for the rest of their lives. Blaming people ain't going to help.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Another person killsed this morning at Rathduff on the n20 Mallow Cork road.

This must put the number of deaths in the double figures, not to mention the amount injured.

Is it time something is finally done with the road or are the council just going to sit back and let it continue to happen?

It is an absolute disgrace nothing has been done there. Shame on them

3 people have died there over the last few years.

1: as we seen the other day was on the wrong side for what ever reason i dont know.

2: came out of the pub drunk and went the wrong side of the road

3: crashed into a crane parked 15 feet in off the road.

What are the council ment to do? bugs my brain when people always put the council to blame.

• Advertisement

3 people have died there over the last few years.

1: as we seen the other day was on the wrong side for what ever reason i dont know.

2: came out of the pub drunk and went the wrong side of the road

3: crashed into a crane parked 15 feet in off the road.

What are the council ment to do? bugs my brain when people always put the council to blame.

Oh we have a fan of the council here have we? Fianna Failer???

3 deaths is a lot for the ecaxt same strech of road. What about the injuries? I bet the serious injuries are near the double figures for the last few years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement