Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FREE Canon service clinic - ISS

• 15-10-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

Canon Service Clinic for Professional Digital SLR Range

3rd & 4th November 2010

Image Supply Systems Photographic & Digital has announced that the next Complimentary Canon Service Clinic for professional digital SLR equipment
    will be held on Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th November 2010 in the Dublin city centre showroom and service department on Liberty Lane, Dublin 8.

The Canon Service Clinic is run twice annually by Image Supply Systems, a Canon EOS Professional Centre and Authorised Service Facility. Standard complimentary servicing includes lens and sensor cleaning, firmware updates and issue diagnosis.

IMPORTANT: Due to the volume of equipment to be serviced, only pre-booked equipment will be serviced.
    Customers will be given a service receipt and advised of turnaround time.
    Contact us with any queries on 01 478 2520 or email caroline@imagesupplysystems.com

Eligible Professional DSLR Range
    EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1D Mark III,EOS-1D Mark IV,
    EOS-1D Mark IIN, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark III.

Clinic Operation
    Due to the volume of equipment to be serviced, ***minimum turnaround time is 3-4 hours***
    Customers will be given a Service Docket for items deposited and advised of service time.

How to book for the Service Clinic
    Please email the following details to caroline@imagesupplysystems.com
    - Contact name
    - Contact phone number
    - Postal address
    - Details of equipment to be serviced including body/lens/flash model codes
    - Preferred Service Clinic day i.e. Wednesday 3rd (11am - 5pm) or Thursday 4th November (9.00am - 3.00pm)

Further information:
    For further information on professional digital imaging products and services, contact us by calling 01 478 2520
    or email sales@imagesupplysystems.com.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Just seen the email on this so must head in and get the sensor cleaned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yeah I got the e-mail this morning b4 Paul W but I dfidn't want to spoil his baby as he has been starting these threads since b4 the bronze age!

On a serious note I am going to leave 2 lens over would I be better off getting my Zooms or Fixed focals lengths done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ksapwaff

Now I know that this service is for free and I shouldn't expect much else but:

I've dropped in cameras for this clinic many times but haven't bothered the last few times as I noticed that they weren't cleaned at all when returned to me. I also asked for the firmware to be updated on another occasion and this wasn't done either.

I though it was just me being being mistaken at first so the last time I went in I took a pic at f22 of a white sheet and did the same on the cameras return. There was no difference with dust spots all over the place. I cleaned it myself afterwards and there was a huge difference. I haven't bothered going in since.

I would imagine the "clean" consists of a rocket blower which is pretty pointless for someone who is using small apertures where every little spec shows up. Those of you who never go above f2.8, f4.0 or even f8 would never notice whether it was cleaned or not as dust spots don't normally show up until you move into the smaller apertures.

So basically what I am saying is that if you have to travel or if it's awkward for you to get there then I wouldnt bother. Better off buying a cleaning kit and doing it yourself.

I never shoot above f5.6 lol

But it's an interesting point you put across and quite a serious one, I would hazard a guess that Canon pay the people in ISS some type of monies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yeah I got the e-mail this morning b4 Paul W but I dfidn't want to spoil his baby as he has been starting these threads since b4 the bronze age!

I was asleep this morning, and only out of bed near lunchtime. :D

Any time I've left my camera in to be cleaned, it was cleaned. It's seldom my sensor is filthy but it does get dirty. It currently has a few spots so needs a clean. I'll update wHEN I get mine back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

ksapwaff wrote: »
    Now I know that this service is for free and I shouldn't expect much else but:

I've dropped in cameras for this clinic many times but haven't bothered the last few times as I noticed that they weren't cleaned at all when returned to me. I also asked for the firmware to be updated on another occasion and this wasn't done either.

I though it was just me being being mistaken at first so the last time I went in I took a pic at f22 of a white sheet and did the same on the cameras return. There was no difference with dust spots all over the place. I cleaned it myself afterwards and there was a huge difference. I haven't bothered going in since.

I would imagine the "clean" consists of a rocket blower which is pretty pointless for someone who is using small apertures where every little spec shows up. Those of you who never go above f2.8, f4.0 or even f8 would never notice whether it was cleaned or not as dust spots don't normally show up until you move into the smaller apertures.

So basically what I am saying is that if you have to travel or if it's awkward for you to get there then I wouldnt bother. Better off buying a cleaning kit and doing it yourself.

I left my 5D in for a sensor clean last time round and they definitely performed a wet sensor clean. My 5D was one of the ones with too thin a coating on the glass in front of the sensor and which was susceptible to removal by some cleaning solutions. Coating was removed during the cleaning process.

ISS came through and replaced the sensor at their (or perhaps Canon's) expense and loaned me a 5D Mk2 while it was being repaired. I was pretty damn happy with how they handled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

preilly79 wrote: »
    I left my 5D in for a sensor clean last time round and they definitely performed a wet sensor clean. My 5D was one of the ones with too thin a coating on the glass in front of the sensor and which was susceptible to removal by some cleaning solutions. Coating was removed during the cleaning process.

ISS came through and replaced the sensor at their (or perhaps Canon's) expense and loaned me a 5D Mk2 while it was being repaired. I was pretty damn happy with how they handled it.

How obvious was the issue? Never seen the effect of the coating being removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

mrboswell wrote: »
    How obvious was the issue? Never seen the effect of the coating being removed.
    I never got to see it after it was damaged so I'm afraid I have no idea. They just called to say what had happened and that it would be repaired at no cost to me.

I've discovered some sort of hair/scratch in the middle of my 50mm, not sure whaqt it is and how it's in the middle, anyone hear of anything similar to this?
    Hopefully if it is some type of hair ISS can remove it, I'll say it to him.

Advertisement