Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB digital Radio signal in Cavan Town

Options
  • 15-10-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

anyone recieve DAB radio in Cavan Town Area ?
    Recently got a gift of a Hitachti system with DAB but no signal on DAB search on an indoor aerial. Most keen on receiving UK channels if possible with an outdoor antenna, any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

dolmen wrote: »
    anyone recieve DAB radio in Cavan Town Area ?
    Recently got a gift of a Hitachti system with DAB but no signal on DAB search on an indoor aerial. Most keen on receiving UK channels if possible with an outdoor antenna, any suggestions ?

I used to live just outside Cavan town (Drumgola) and could pick up Northern Irish radio stations as well as BBC Radio on DAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dolmen

Thanks for reply and good to know that it is possible. What sort of aerial had you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

There was a terrestrial aerial on the house (one that would pick up free view channels). However in the house I am in now there is no aerial on the roof and we still get some DAB channels though not as many as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭bubbles747

im about 15 mins out of cavan and all i can get is english stations like magic and heat and all the bbc stations but no irish ones at all, normal aerial on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

A few years ago I saw a Planning permission sign near Bailieborough for a DAB transmitter. Don't think it's been built ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement