Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C- same picture-one with some processing.

• 15-10-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I did some very quick processing (so it's not prefect) but just wondering on what you think of the 'idea' of the colour and black and white sections?
    5083855686_a77b4b4872_b.jpg

This is the original-
    4844791244_73324e2952_b.jpg

Have a good weekend,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I think I see where you are going in the first but I'm not a fan of such a mix. The second could do with something to give it that bit of 'punch' - to give it a little lift / definition / character.

That said, I like the left hand side of first. It's kinda vintage processing of a kind (lightroom preset?). So if the entire image was processed like that then I think it would work for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

great idea... but just doesn't quite work for me. I think the pic lacks something... don't ask me what though ;)

Also after processing the left looks overly "warm" to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Not a bad idea and it makes a picture which I find uninteresting a 'bit' more interesting, one prob is maybe it is too diff in each bit, it's like 2 pics crudley slapped together, it's def an idea worth trying again mind.
    Is the picture crookered btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

It doesn't quite work for me. I think it is well worth experimenting. What would it look like if

- beggar was in colour & everything else in b&w?
    - Entire photo in B&W with fairly high contrast but everything except the beggar blurred/softened?

I think you have something going on, that is well worth exploring more.

On a minor note, the verticals need a bit of straightening too I think.

-FoxT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I too can see where you are going and like the idea. The "Tale of Two Cities" only half works for me. The right side with the beggar looking lonely & pathetic is fine. It's the left side with the crowd which does not hit the mark. I think that you need to get more engagement with the people there & shooting their backs has not done that. The processing has tried to illuminate something which is not quite there in the original image.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say I think its great.

Ok perhaps the processing isn't perfect and its slightly skewed.

BUT I think the warmness on the left emphasizes the difference in affluence even more.

Also, perhaps photographing the backs of those on the left emphasizes even more how there are 2 worlds in the photo and that the world on the left has in a way turned its back on the poor person.

would mostly agree with Polestar, above. I like the PP in the first image quite a lot.

Advertisement