Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porterhouse Oktoberfest

Options
  • 15-10-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Porterhouse Oktoberfest started last night and I have to say they have sourced some interesting beers, from smaller breweries like Schlenkerla well as better know names like Hofbräu. The porterhouse brewery have brewed an Oktoberfest version of Hersbrucker, which is very nice and quite strong at 6.4% Vol. but my favourite so far is Frankenheim Alt. It has a definite butterscotch flavour which I was not expecting but enjoyed immensely.

They had an Oompah band in Central last night, which was excruciatingly painful but apparently the Parliament street branch was free of brass bands and lederhosen.

The event continues until the 24th of October and it a good opportunity to try some good German beers, which might never be available in Ireland again.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 My Back Pages

In Porterhouse Central now, decent selection, went for Augustiner edelstoff. Not great.
    Having a Frankenheim Alt now, much better... mmmm

Advertisement