Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Neighbours

Options
  • 15-10-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is in the right section but mods please re-direct if not.

We have new neighbours that moved in two months ago and it's been two months since we've been able to have a full night's sleep :( We get woken up every night and are now walking around like zombies.

They are constantly slamming doors, shouting at each other out on the road and there are cars/vans dropping stuff off from 11pm-3am EVERY night/morning, these cars/vans are beeping their horns also and not just once :mad: They shout out on the street, park in other people's space and let their children (aged roughly from 1-2yrs) run riot on the roads, banging on people's cars, screaming around but the thing is this only happens from 11pm each night and usually ends at 3ish. They seem to never sleep and I'm convinced they mind children during the day as the screams of babies is unreal.

They are renting and we've contacted the landlord a few times but they don't do anything about it.

I have considered contacting the police but can they do anything to help??

We just want to be able to have a good night's sleep and since our houses are connected we hear everything, other neighbours have been disrupted but not to the same extent but they are still very much peed off as one of them nearly got run over by them.

Is there anything we can do, anyone we can contact to help us with this problem??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Are you renting? Involve your landlord if so and get him to press things with the police, get on to the community guard, get them involved.

You might want to go to the PRTB if the landlord will not do anything and you can take this further in the district court. Take some recordings as proof and keep a log of all the disruptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

angel01 wrote: »
    Are you renting? Involve your landlord if so and get him to press things with the police, get on to the community guard, get them involved.

You might want to go to the PRTB if the landlord will not do anything and you can take this further in the district court. Take some recordings as proof and keep a log of all the disruptions.

No we're not renting.

I was under the impression the PRTB deal with tenants or landlords only, am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Have you made an attempt to discuss the situation with the actual neighbours? They may not be aware that they are causing all this disruption. Although from the way you describe it, they seem particularly careless about creating noise and may not change their habits but it is still worth a shot seeing as their landlord has ignored you.

Failing that, do you live in a neighbourhood that has a management agency overseeing the area? If so, I recommend you contact them. I did that when my neighbour used his balcony (which adjoined my duplex gable) as a training gym for his bulldog terriors. I had to endure the noise dogs running on treadmill type equipment banging against my wall. It was used to pump them up for dog fights. I kid you not! My efforts to ask the tenant to stop the noise were ignored but the mgt company got onto their landlord and the dogs/training equip were removed.

Finally, if you don't have a mgt company, try Fingal Co Co below (assuming you live in North Dublin per your username). Their link regarding noise pollution is below. Hope you get some peace soon!

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Environment/AirandNoisePollution/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭socio

Had a similar problem in a rented place a while back. Had to move in the end due to constant parties in neighbours house. Although not so easy if you own your house!

As far as I know it will be their landlords responsibilty if you can't get any joy with them directly. You're entitled to have a peaceful environment in which to live and he should evict them if they're making that much noise.

try here for more info:

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/reading-room/environment-geography/environmental-information/noise/how-to-deal-with-noisy-ne/

Advertisement