Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a visa quickly for Auz

Options
  • 15-10-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    Im looking for some advice on visas for Aus.
    Im fully qualified and have ten years work experience in the construction industry. My trade is still on the required list but im over 31 years of age by 1 year.
    I have looked in to the visas but it looks like i might have to wait 12-16 months to get one which seems excessive. Is there any quicker way to get a visa for Australasia. I have heard talk of a 147 visa which could be got within 6 months but i don't know if this is true or not.
    Does anyone know of any other way. I don't really want to go to Aus and take a chance in getting a job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I think you are talking about a 457 visa, this requires an employer to sponsor you. If you read back through some of the threads over the last month its all there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yeap, get sponsored, get married or get in the queue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

jank wrote: »
    Yeap, get sponsored, get married or get in the queue....

Summarised brillantly:)

Advertisement