Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

information please on Auckland and flights

Options
  • 15-10-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi!
    just readin some threads bout ppl headin out 2 new zealand and im so excited bout headin out in january!! :D

My boyfriends cousin was out ther and had no problem gettin a job on a farm but im kinda worrying that ill find it hard to get a job out there,since i dont really no how to drive a tractor!!! my boyfriend and i are thinkin of stayin an auckland!! does any1 no if it would be easy to get a job ther? and is rent expensive ther?? wat mite weather be like?? and how is the nitelife??

we booked our visas with usit but wer wonderin if we could get cheaper flights than the ones usit have offered us! 1 way wit usit is around €900 and return €1200.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

gnilhsa wrote: »
    Hi!
    just readin some threads bout ppl headin out 2 new zealand and im so excited bout headin out in january!! :D

My boyfriends cousin was out ther and had no problem gettin a job on a farm but im kinda worrying that ill find it hard to get a job out there,since i dont really no how to drive a tractor!!! my boyfriend and i are thinkin of stayin an auckland!! does any1 no if it would be easy to get a job ther? and is rent expensive ther?? wat mite weather be like?? and how is the nitelife??

we booked our visas with usit but wer wonderin if we could get cheaper flights than the ones usit have offered us! 1 way wit usit is around €900 and return €1200.

thanks!

I was looking at flights recently to New Zealand, think I had a return flight in January for less than 1500 euros, think it was with Malaysia airlines. So ye I reckon you can definitely get them cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I was in Auckland for approx 2-3 weeks so my experience was very limited if im honest.

Weather wise wasnt great very cold. this was around July and tbh i didnt have the wardrobe for it (my fault) . I found the city itself to be quite dull and nightlife not up to much. But my view may have been dis-jointed by the weather coupled with the hostel i was in.

Sorry can be more informative im sure others had a better experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gnilhsa

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    I was looking at flights recently to New Zealand, think I had a return flight in January for less than 1500 euros, think it was with Malaysia airlines. So ye I reckon you can definitely get them cheaper.

well usit can help u get one way and return flights. on the website at the mo "www.usit.ie" the have flights to auckland for april for under 600€ but that with out taxes and charges.
    i think i mite just go with usit because if ther is any concerns at least i can pop into them in their office in galway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sherri

Your in luck, Im from Auckland in New Zealand so can give you loads of info. In terms of not being able to drive a tractor, I wouldnt worry ha ha there is more in new zealand that farming (especially in Auckland). If your looking to have flatmates in New Zealand try website www.trademe.co.nz, loads of flatting and house rent options. In terms of finding jobs, depending on what you do I would recommend trying www.seek.co.nz . If your landing in January, that is the middle of our summer (every hot, usually around 30 degrees). Auckland weather can be kind of temprimental eg sunny but also raining however in summer you should usually be pretty swell. Most people drive in new zealand, public transport isnt that great, there are buses so try www.maxx.co.nz to see timetables and journey planner. If you are working in the city it would be better for you to bus into work as city parking is expensive and hard to come by. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gnilhsa

ah thanks for your help!!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

try gohop.ie just found flights going next week with malysia airlines for 973 return which aint to bad!

Advertisement