Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extra Android Market Charges

• 15-10-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hey Lads,

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this, with the introduction of paid apps last week I have been downloading a fair few apps as you can imagine. But I had a look at my online statement today and it seems that after every android purchase there is a "Debit Card Charge" of .49c .

What I think this is, is because when you confirm that you wanna buy the app, the cost comes up in US dollars and my bank is charging me .49c for converting this into euros, the same as if I was in the states and using my card to purchase something.

Has anyone else come across this or have any other explanation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I have been using MarketAccess to buy apps for ages without this extra charge. I have google checkout set up with a credit card rather than a debit card, so maybe that is why you are being charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Yea the charge does say Debit card charge so I dunno what the outcome would be with a credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

49cent? Steep....

Apple wouldn't treat us like this. Lets all buy iPhones :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

49cent? Steep....

Apple wouldn't treat us like this. Lets all buy iPhones :P

Surely that warrants a ban from this forum :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Is it .49c as in less than half a cent or €0.49 as in 49 cent??

• Advertisement
Advertisement