Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks

Options
  • 15-10-2010 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyway to search most thanked posts of all time or even most thanked posts by user (I.E. me) ?

I know there's the thanked post section on The main page but that's just for today
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Would also be nice to be able to sort posts on a thread by 'thanks'.

Threads like the Cool Vids Photoshop Competion archive thread for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The system account "Boards.ie" thanks the post of the day. So if you look at its profile and click the "Find all posts thanked by Boards.ie" link, you'll see the previous posts of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Old thread here with the top 5 most thanked posts if that's any use to you
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658395

Would be handy to filter posts by thanks too alright.

What would also be cool is, to be able to list 'thanks' in your profile, by the order in which they were received.

As something my vast 'thanks' count goes up and it's not any recent posts and it gives me brain itch that I have no idea which posts just got thanked, they could be years old for instance.

I like to keep a graph chart of my thanks, to see what makes it rise and fall.

'Sarcastic posts' or 'funny ones'.

'Sexist' or 'White knighting'.

Anyway, this feature sure would help and if you don't ask, you don't get.

But, ultimaely .. sorting threads by thanks count would be top of Christmas list.

Happy Hanukkah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

OutlawPete wrote: »
    What would also be cool is, to be able to list 'thanks' in your profile, by the order in which they were received.

As something my vast 'thanks' count goes up and it's not any recent posts and it gives me brain itch that I have no idea which posts just got thanked, they could be years old for instance.

I like to keep a graph chart of my thanks, to see what makes it rise and fall.

'Sarcastic posts' or 'funny ones'.

'Sexist' or 'White knighting'.

Anyway, this feature sure would help and if you don't ask, you don't get.

But, ultimaely .. sorting threads by thanks count would be top of Christmas list.

Happy Hanukkah.

Careful there going out, your big head mightn't fit out the door... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

You're welcome

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Careful there going out, your big head mightn't fit out the door... :pac:

Oh I suppose, I'm the only one who prints out the 'thanks' stats and gets them laminated am I?

Yeah right.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Oh I suppose, I'm the only one who prints out the 'thanks' stats and gets them laminated am I?

Yeah right.

I miss topthanked.php.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I miss topthanked.php.
    I don't.

This is still much more fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I miss topthanked.php.

Sush you, don't start that again, you've got more then me and that's all that matters :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Don't tell me you haven't stayed up at night thinking of a possible dark horse that has come to the fore since topthanked has disappeared?

Advertisement