Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some news (and a competition)!

Options
  • 15-10-2010 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We at Boards.ie have an advertising deal in place with EA which means I get to make a post like this:

As I'm sure a lot of you may have heard, The Sims will be coming to consoles in a few weeks. I'm hoping to get some time with one of the producers for a Q&A like I did earlier in the year.

As a pre-cursor to the Sims 3 coming to consoles, I have 2 copies (1 XBox 360 and 1 PlayStation 3) of MySims SkyHeroes to give away. All you need to do is post details of the funniest thing you've seen happen to a Sim whilst you've been playing or that you've seen posted elsewhere. If you can evenpost a link to a video that's better :)

You'll also need to tell me which console fomat you would like - I do only have a single for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and I can't swap them I'm afraid.

Best of luck!

[edit]
    I forgot to mention, I'll pick winners for this on Monday most likely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Bizzi Lizzy

The funniest thing I ever saw with the Sims was when my daughter, who was around 12 at the time, stopped feeding her husband so that he would die and she could claim the insurance money. I taught her well ;)

Play Station 3 please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

While my sim was on holiday (on the sims on vaccation expansion pack) I made my sim fall in love with bigfoot :D How I miss that game LOL
    I would love to get it on the xbox 360 :)
    -Trevor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

All my wives met horrible deaths, Its not my fault i made them cook and fix the electronics, I started to create quite the graveyard out the back garden, They then haunted me as ghosts and came back as the bride of Frankenstein, Cursed i tell you.

Xbox360

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

The funniest thing that I have witnessed that has happened to a sim, was back in The Sims 2. It was quite cruel what happened but I will recite it regardless..

Well, I made a family that had two parents, your average John & Jill, however I also threw in 6 children.
    The house I put them in was decently sized, maybe a tad bit too small for all the sims ;)

Everything went fine at the start, I used the rosebud cheat to get some money as we all have done at some stage, and designed their house to be (well maybe designed is too strong a word to use actually) but the house ended up being quite bland, few plants and pictures but otherwise boring.

Before I continue, I need to show you a quick plan of the kitchen for you to understand what happened..

2fn4.png

It was afternoon, and the Mother was making a meal of sorts for the family. The children all appeared to very hungry. Two of the children went outside the back garden door presumably to play a game or something. The rest were upstairs. When the Mother was done making the food, she put the serving on the counter, took a plate of it and ate it (while standing up). At this point, the children must have noticed the food, as the four children upstairs, came downstairs and each took a plate of it.

The two children outside.. well, one of them went to the back kitchen door, but then.. well he dropped to the ground. Just right outside the door. Have no idea why, maybe he was starving or something :D

The other child went around to the front of the house, where a newspaper was sitting on the front step. I had queued the child to go take a plate of the food, but instead a tile away from the front step, he went to pickup the newspaper. However, as soon as he did, he dropped it. And the cycle repeated, he went to pickup the newspaper instead of going inside the door. And then he fecking fell down like the other child after dropping the newspaper for the 9 or 10th time. So now, both exits were blocked by starved children.

After the other children had finished eating, three of them went upstairs and the other went to the child on the front door step. He went to pickup the newspaper, but couldn't as the child on the ground was blocking it. I spammed my mouse to try and make him get past the fallen child, and then the child was glitching all over the place, not sure what he was doing, but he eventually got onto the tile that the fallen child and newspaper were on. The bathroom symbol then appeared over his head (indicating he needed to go the bathroom really soon). I prompted him to go, however he didn't move off of the tile, he just stood there, queueing stuff up did nothing. He then peed his pants, and a puddle appeared over the fallen child, the newspaper, and the other child.

Nothing else really happened for a few hours, and then the mother went into the kitchen from the sitting room (completely oblivious to the above events....) and started to make dinner. And what should happen? A FIRE. Yes. After everything else, there was a FIRE. I had placed a fire alarm earlier so I assumed it would be ok. The Fire Brigade arrived promptly, and went to the front door. They stood there. Just stood there, did nothing else. I'm assuming it was the glitched tile, but they did not go past that door step and that whole house burned to the ground.

So in a matter of hours, I went from a happy, six children family, to ash. Brilliant.

(PS3)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

It was back when I used to play sims 2 religiously (like 2-10 hours every day) when I came across a strange and very amusing glitch.

I had a baby sim who on their birthday (when they should have aged up into a toddler) retained the baby 3D model. This meant that they behaved like a toddler sim but still looked like a baby, this caused a lot of weird stretching and clipping issues when they preformed toddler animations.
    Anyway this continued for a number of sim days until they reached their birthday and when the time came for them to age up they still retained the baby model!

Eventually I had an "adult" sim that was a baby floating several feet above the ground. They could do everything that a normal adult sim could do just with visual issues because of the different 3D model size.
    When they were cooking for example, they would be floating in the air (to compensate for lack of leg-length) and the frying pan that they were using would be floating a few feet from their outstretched arm (to compensate for lack of arm-length).

It was pretty much the weirdest thing that I ever saw in my sims game; I really wish that I still had the screen shots from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

on the sims 2

i had a began with me as a sngle guy with 20,000 to his name to bulid up a house and a dream to being a rich sim with out any cheating.

after i was working in music i desided to head out for a night on the town the go pick up the ladys

after pushing my self on one sim we moved in with each other that not she must have been one easy sim

after a bit we had a child and i was the top of my jod in music and her self was working hard to we had to get a maid to help clean around the house

after me tiping the maid for a day i was kissing her none stop and my wife say this and that was the end off us

that was wife number 2 she went off with anther female on me and took my kid with her which in the 1st place wasint hers ?

after a bit off me subing around the house and loseing my job i got back with wife number one.

she was fixing my 60 inch mod tv like all woman must do for there man she died and that was the end of my 1st wife

after a bit now i was off old age i got my self i nice college student and she took all my money when i died thanks to my home night club makeing a lot of money for me

that is my story off my sim
    xbox360

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Once, on The Sims 2, I was playing a female character that I'd created (let's call her Faith). Faith was new to the neighbourhood, and soon began an affair with the married Daniel Pleasant, a member of the premade Pleasant family. One day, Faith and Daniel were having a sneaky early morning WooHoo, when the maid walked into the bedroom. Next thing, the main starts absolutely freaking out, going ape-shít at Daniel Pleasant! I had no clue what was going on until I took control of the Pleasant family and discovered that the scoundrel Daniel had been having an affair with the maid too :D. The fecker had half the neighbourhood's women in love with him!

PS3 btw :).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Playing The Sims 3 there a few months ago.

My household only had 2 guys in it, and the girlfriend number one had

My hard work and effort was fruitful as John became a top tier chef in the restaurant in town. He was proficient and excelled in his area. He would have leftovers to bring home every evening and had dinner before some more cookery studing via his new shiny HD TV. All was well and I decided he should invest in the restaurant. I reaped in the rewards and I gave the shack I bought a complete revamp.

The Shack before:
    82409156-3.jpg

And the revamp afterwards
    98659554-3.jpg
    98659215-3.jpg

This guy had it all sorted. A beautiful house, a wonderful girlfriend who worked in the hospital and a great job.

Unfortunately, I paid too much attention on the first guy. Reno... became a recluse initially. At first he would go and take John's guitar and busk down in the town, come home and literally pee on the floor. Not kidding here. Even though I had 2 bathrooms, one in an en suite and one beside the kitchen, three or four times he pee'd on the floor. Arguing ensued. John would regularly come home, eat his leftovers and scream his head off at Reno. It was funny at first, but John became increasingly violent towards Reno. At that point I decided that Reno needs a life.

I got Reno down to the Bar and he got pissed. He got a job too, after talking with the barman's daughter all night. He came home, threw up in the hall and went online to chat to her all night, before collapsing and then going to bed.

Reno woke up the next morning, late for work. He had a terrible day at work. Starving and unhappy. Upon getting home he got a phonecall, a tax error in his favour! 20,000!!? Win! Reno went on a holiday to China to celebrate!

And guess what! He met a woman over there, and when he got back, he organised a second holiday over there! And then guess what!? Eventually he got married. So he moved out of the house and he was never seen again.

The pile of vomit from months before was never cleaned. John was too busy with 2 babies. He lost his job after a food poisoning outbreak, his girlfriend left him, with the babies in his care. He went into debt before the repo men took literally everything from his house.

And that's how I ruined the life of a man that was once the happiest man on earth.

(360 :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'm gonna give this one more day...

Cause tomorrow I hope to have more news on who I'll be talking to from the Production Team. I promise I'll pick the winners before lunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Winners (he says just as he goes out to a very late lunch, thus not breaking his promise):

cherryghost's poor friend John who's life simply descended into total ruination (but a happy ending for Reno balances it all out I suppose) and Bizzi Lizzy's scheming, insurance swindling daughter who'll no doubt do well in the finance sector in later life :D

I'll get in contact with you folks later on today to get your postal addresses etc.

Thanks everyone for entering and keep an eye out for my Producer Q&A thread later this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

Heeeeey! I'm Bizzi Lizzy's "scheming, insurance swindling daughter"!! And I didn't stop feeding him, I put him in the pool and deleted the ladder. :P

Advertisement