Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants to win a copy of Medal of Honor?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

When Teir 1 operators say "check out my guns", they actually mean......check out my guns. Though its a look with your eyes and not with your hands approach.

Format PS3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tonydude wrote: »
    Tier 1 Operatives function on a plane of existence above and beyond even the most highly trained Special Operation Forces. Their exact numbers, while classified, hover in the low hundreds. While we never fully know what type of missions these groups carry out, they use theirs skills and talents to carry out important and unheard mission’s .You can be sure they have saved lives even though there skills never get heard on the News. I’m glad, the medal of honour game has focused on these types of groups, it will open people’s eyes on how the Delta and Seal teams do their jobs.

Format: PS3

A quick google of that brings up interesting results, well the first couple of lines atleast :P ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Dcully wrote: »
    A quick google of that brings up interesting results, well the first couple of lines atleast :P ;););)

Yea, i know the first 2 sentenaces is the main caption of the game,i used that to start off with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

...because they smother their chips with awesome sauce. Fact.

Xbox! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Poeple are a little confused the meaning of Tier 1. The phrase "Tier one" actually originates from a special unit of the Belarusian special forces group Адна сляза from the 1970s which is actually translated as "one tear". The unit are given the name as not one member has ever shed a tear over the heinous acts that are deemed necessary to protect Belarussian interests. They are the awesome ones, and the reason why Tier 1 operatives in this game are equally awesome. When you play this game, do not forget these heroes.

For pointing out this completely true fact, I should get a copy of this great game on Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

My best friend was a member of Tier1 but was KIA. I've never really forgiven his tormentors but to ease my mental suffering a copy of this on xbox would ease the pain. It's what he would have wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's the beard baby, it's all about the beard.

Either format will do as long as the beard is on the cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Tier 1 Operatives are awesome because they finish every sentence with "BOOM! Headshot!" and "Cry me a river". (Tiers/Tears) :P

Xbox please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 falloutguy

Having only recently obtained a ps3 and only owning one game (fuel) ive been loooking around at what game i could get in the future, i had my eye on Medal of honour.Ive been watching these tier 1 adverts on the tele and on youtube and they look bad-ass. The elite of the elite, bursting into a room with bullets spraying everywhere while smoking a fag ( great multi-tasking) however my phone broke and whatever money i have has been put into getting a new one . This game looks awesome and if indeed what this game shows us really is what these soldiers do, then ive great respect for them. If you pick me id gratefully appreciate it. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

They are awesome because they ALL look like Opie from Sons of Anarchy!

PS3 please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Did i win this thing yet?

NO?

Oh crap i didn't enter, well I'm entering now with a FLASHBANG through the doorway, followed by a double tap from my MP5.
    Thats right baby I'm layin waste to all you would be contenders for this most coveted of prizes because.

I AM TIER 1.

PS3 please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, competition is now closed and I'm picking 2 winners. I'll be back in 5 or 10 minutes with a decision...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

And the winners are....

gizmo for his AWESOME FACE BEARD (and cause it looks a bit like my beard) and GothPunk for their lovely Haiku (even though it technically has more than 17 syllables).

Congrats guys and thank you to everyone who entered and making it all such a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What a Jip !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

hmmm weird

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gah, Gothpunk. I'm expecting to come home one day to find my tires slashed and a note with a cryptic Haiku written on it left on the windshield. It's only a matter of time at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I declare shenanigans now to run home and get my broom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Yay! Go me! It was my birthday over the weekend too. :D
    Gah, Gothpunk. I'm expecting to come home one day to find my tires slashed and a note with a cryptic Haiku written on it left on the windshield. It's only a matter of time at this stage!
    I'm too lazy to track you down, I'll just have to settle for pwning you online. :pac: If it makes you feel any better I'll still write you a weird ass haiku to recite when I'm teabagging your character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Awesome, I never win anything! Thanks Dav! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grats to the winners enjoy your game lads , still think ZZ top should have won :D
    My young lad was convinced too , keeps asking me why a picture of a beard won :P
    Great idea for a competiton Dav cheers for organising it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can I have a signed photo of your beard?

Advertisement