Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abusive Bouncers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭myironlung

RoverJames wrote: »
    So he was effectively choking you for a few seconds ? Sounds like complete and utter horsesh1t to me.
    Barely a few seconds, five or six at most, just long enough to shove me out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

myironlung wrote: »
    Barely a few seconds, five or six at most, just long enough to shove me out the door.

I suppose you could report it anyway but a drunk guy against a bouncer tends to be a losing battle. When people get drunk when they think they are calm they could seem anything but. If your slurring your words and your voice is naturally raised from the drink you can come across as aggressive....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Considering how little I go out (more due to lack of funds than being boring, I swear!) it's important to note that even I have had a negative experience (or two) with Galway Bouncers.

Doesn't exactly lead me to wanting to going out, either, especially since I've boycotted a couple popular pubs at this stage already.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sue345

The club entrance would have CCTV cameras covering the doorway from different angles if you decide to take the matter further they should have it on tape, however I worked in the office part of a local night club business and they copied over the tapes within a week (each day would have a backup on tape and it was overwritten the same day the following week) unless an incident was reported so it might be better to get in there quick if you decide to do something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Are people forgetting that a load of shams go to club k? Would explain why the bouncers are harsh.
    If you don't like it there are plenty of other/better clubs.
    I've personally only gone there when they have double vodka and red bull for 4.50 euro in summer 2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Most bouncers in my opinion are power-tripping thick pr1cks

Obviously they must put up with a lot of crap...I've worked in few pubs and one nightclub myself and there's nothing worse than getting some drunken ass wrecking your head when you're sober and working!

But it's part of the job you just have to deal with unfortunately but you appreciate the sound customers so much more then

Was in club k few months back (group thing-not my choice of venue!) two girls got roared at by bouncer inside for stopping on stairwell to talk to DJ who is her mate he shouted at her to move on she was blocking stairs...there was literally 12people in club and it's a wiiddde stairwell!

Then ordering drink the barmaid was so moody and snappy It was so early and we were first customers of the night

Couple of us left after first drink, went to Massimos and were actually "greeted" by bouncers, not "grunted" at:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If the bouncers are so bad, why do ye keep going back to these places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

JustMary wrote: »
    If the bouncers are so bad, why do ye keep going back to these places?

That's not really fair. The venue itself could be great, but just let down on the security side of things.

While I feel I may regret saying this later, I have to point out that I haven't had a particularly negative experience with a bouncer, besides some dickheadery on the doors of the odd pub/club.

I don't get thick though. If a bouncer tells me to move aside or likewise, I usually reply with, "Oh sorry" and do what they ordered. To quote Frankie Heck from The Middle, "it's not worth the fight".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nononsense

there all the same, pushing there weight around!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm creating a big thread where you can post bouncer experiences that weren't nice.
    If you write about an experience, be as detailed as possible (after all we need to know what happened to give you feedback).
    "Karma bouncers are dix" comments will just be removed.
    You should talk to the manager of the pub/club before posting here. Only they can actually address your grievance properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A lot of bouncers seem to do this in Galway and I don't get it,They ask you "How much have you had tonight?" or "where have you been before this?".Do they not realise that al most everyone is going to lie to them?

They are not that interested in your answer.

It's how you say it. If you slurring it or shouting back with an attitude then they can pick up on this, maybe ask a second question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Doormen (and women) have a difficult job.
    Many years ago I worked as a doorman in London.
    I have worked with the best, and worst doormen over the years.
    I have worked in bars, nightclubs, private gentleman's clubs. I have experienced the best and worst of customers behaviour.
    After seeing a good friend of mine glassed in the face, I decided it was time to retire from the profession. It is not until you have done the job yourself, that you will understand how hard it is. Doormen are ordinary people doing an extraordinary job. Yes, sometimes they get it wrong. They are human, and make mistakes just like everyone else.

I worked in the hotel industry for years (before i got sense) and being the duty manager on duty in a nightclub i have been spat at, kicked, head butted, had bottles thrown at me, pints thrown over me etc etc etc
    I have had complaints made about me as well none of which were ever upheld
    Punters who are drunk generally don't realise how abusive they are towards security staff in my experience
    And people who are drunk will lash out a hell of alot quicker than people who are sober
    I remember one time walking around the club and coming across a group of 4 lads fighting outside the emergency exit (in the alley) I called for backup on the radio and went over to see if I could calm things down
    One of them grabbed me by the pony tail and swung me towards another lad and he got a kick in the nuts for his trouble and he made an assault complaint against me to the Gardai :eek:
    People's perception of things gets totally screwed when they are drunk this is a fact!
    (BTW I'm 6ft and female ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

making a complaint with GPO is potentially the most difficult thing in the wntire world. My brother was attacked one night in there. Guards were called adn the situation eventually lead in the other party being arrested, and my brother ending up with some scarring to the face and a gashed nose. The guards told us to get a copy of the CCTV etc.

Phoned GPO during office hours for a week straight? Nothing... Paid them a visit during office hours no manager was in sight, just the employee from the off licence.

Asked the bouncers at 11pm when they opened [Drum/G Bar was not live at this time] if I could speak to a manager to get a copy of the tape, they told me to come back during office hours the following day... Which lead into one big vicious circle.

We eventually gave up and had to drop charges, simply because we could not contact ANY sort of authoritive figure in GPO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

poisonated wrote: »
    Hi I was in GPO in Galway earlier and the door man took it on himslef to abuse me. I am not usualy one to cause trouble but he was completely taking the p.iss. Drinks were 3 euro. I told this lad if he gives me 5 euro, I will give him 2 euro and I will get his drink. The door man saw him giving me 5 euro and takes it upon himself to acuse me of robbing 5 euro off that lad. I told him I didn't but he stilll abuses me. The who gave me the 5 euro came up and told him the arrangement but he still abuses me. I try to fight back but he says if I do that again he will call the police. May I please get opinions?
    Thanks

The moral of the story is; don't go to GPO.
    Problem solved.

fend wrote: »
    The guards told us to get a copy of the CCTV etc.

I'm pretty certain that it is the Guards responsiblity to obtain the cctv tapes and any evidence needed in order to go ahead with a prosecution.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement