Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options
  • 15-10-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Looks like im in League 1...

I wonder who will finish in 2nd below me?

Predictions:

Prem Champ: HokemPokem - Real Madrid - RM are different class and he should walk this season.

Championship Champ: Parawind - Too good to not be in the Prem

League 1: :D

League 2: Im gonna go with Paddy Small Balls because of his name.

League 3: DjayForza because hes a frequent poster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can't wait to get back into this :D

One suggestion I have is why don't we have a cup tournament over all of the leagues? It'd be like our own FA Cup. Could get a few League 3 teams knocking out Premiership teams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

SantryRed wrote: »

One suggestion I have is why don't we have a cup tournament over all of the leagues? It'd be like our own FA Cup. Could get a few League 3 teams knocking out Premiership teams :)

Yeah we can knock out those cocky Prem teams :P

Shouldnt be too hard to set up..good idea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Predictions:

Prem Champ: HokemPokem - Real Madrid - RM are different class and he should walk this season.

Agreed :D, well i have nobody to blame but myself for my current situation, except for maybe Neill Mellor. But my goal for this season is to teach a cocky young upstart a lesson he won't soon forget!

Oh and Hokem has Chelsea, not that it will make much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Pissed off that Inter and Bayern were picked

Oh and yaps won't finish first if I'm in the league. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Predictions:

You picked that crusty fecker over your padawan? I have to say, I'm really hurt from this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SantryRed wrote: »

We will be running a cup tournament later on in the season

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note on Season 8:

Hoping to get this kicked off over the weekend. This thread will be the main thread for banter etc. There was enough whinging and moaning last year over custom formations and everything else. There is no need for a repeat of the same debates this year and the moaning is to be kept to a minimum.

The league used to be about banter and a laugh and we intend for this season to be that so anyone giving personal abuse, causing persistant arguments or stepping out of line again the rules of boards will receive a ban.

Fixtures etc will be posted in another thread once team picks are finalised.

Enjoy the league!

Will the use of video technology be allowed this season?

Since we can save important match events and show the results online. ie: To prove a last man tackle etc.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Lyon to win League 1, you've heard it here first folks. :pac:

Parawind wrote: »
    Will the use of video technology be allowed this season?

Since we can save important match events and show the results online. ie: To prove a last man tackle etc.

Yup if its required but the issue will be dealt with by the mods so save it and send us a link to the video and we will take it from there.

• Advertisement

Wow thats so progressive, FIFA could learn a lot from the running of these leagues lol!

Yeah Sepp Blatter could talk a few notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Lamposts wrote: »
    You picked that crusty fecker over your padawan? I have to say, I'm really hurt from this.

Well you have done well my padawan but until we meet again the Prem you are on your own.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Lyon to win League 1, you've heard it here first folks. :pac:

Please do! I'm banking on you mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Roma for League 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Good on the GrandCapaChino for taking the plunge and selecting a Russian team!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Axwell wrote: »
    Yup if its required but the issue will be dealt with by the mods so save it and send us a link to the video and we will take it from there.

excellent news, well done Mods, that could clean up the league a little(eg I dont know who was right but I remember an argument between Kirk the Dog and HokemPokem about a certain tackle). and well done Parawind, good suggestion!

on who will win the Prem, i have a feeling Storybud will swing it this season, he's still a great player and milan are an excellent pick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Axwell wrote: »
    Yeah Seth Blatter could talk a few notes.

So could Sepp Blatter :eek:

I'll get my coat... gl with the leagues!

Who are you?

trust you to notice! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

All the picks for who's going to win the leagues, who do you think will be relegated???

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    All the picks for who's going to win the leagues, who do you think will be relegated???

PARAWIND.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

Predictions:

yapa im loving your confidence in me i wish i had as much in me as you do. Believe me i am aiming to win the league but time will ell my defending can be suspect at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Mr Moon wrote: »

Me:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

It is my intention to be the first person ever to be relegated upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Please do! I'm banking on you mate!

Your banking on HIM?? I have to say skipper, I'm really hurt from this

I forgot you're in the league too. You can bum everyone in the league. I'm banking on you baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Going to be the easy points opponent i think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yapa thinks I will walk it with Madrid......

Pity I have chelsea though :p.

Seriously though, chelsea are good and I expect top 3. Winning though, doubt it. Some quality opposition in there. Joe is consistent so look out for him and Corcaigh has won it before.

PARAWIND.

Mistake! You sir shall be taught a lesson you shall not soon forget! If i were you i'd get practicing since i beat you 3-0 with Liverpool already and you couldn't manage a shot on target!

It's about time you got a little conservative with your posturing, perhaps you should worry about how badly your going to get spanked!

If it helps i back you for promotion 100%!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Parawind wrote: »
    If it helps i back you for promotion 100%!

Haha! Yapa? Who is he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement