Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Mr Moon wrote: »
    League 2 announcement

Inter Milan - mickeylow
    Real Madrid - starviewadams/ctmc87
    Man Utd - masterken/darragh Kenny

All of the above have been kicked from the league and will take no further part in our leagues.

All games will go down as a 3-0

where can ye check out the league table?

Mancho56 (Mancho) - Barcelona
    IsometricOctane (Realistspy) - Arsenal
    Ben SFC (SantryRed) - Aston Villa

any yee on for a game today?

cheers,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Theres a link to each league table and fixtures in Mr Moons Signature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mancho56 (Mancho) - Barcelona
    IsometricOctane (Realistspy) - Arsenal
    Ben SFC (SantryRed) - Aston Villa

any yee on for a game today?

cheers,

I'll be on tonight if you're around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Tough games I have this week, the only two guys ahead of me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

FAO Mr Moon. Why was Cjayses match void? It's on the fixture list for 5th Nov? I think it stands? League 3.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight if you're around.

whats the story, I'l be on tonight after 10 if ye on for the game.?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

AthAnRi wrote: »
    FAO Mr Moon. Why was Cjayses match void? It's on the fixture list for 5th Nov? I think it stands? League 3.

My bad, don't know where I got that from?!?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    My bad, don't know where I got that from?!?

No harm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anyone around for games tonight? I'm due games with nearly everyone including:

Wonderboysam (wonderboysam) - Barcelona
    djayforza (djayforza) - Manchester City
    mordiepants (Sir Digby chicken caesar) - Chelsea
    Athanri (AthAnRi) - Inter Milan
    Rory001 (Wexguy) - Bayern Munich
    Jimeatsmenu (Jim) - Wolverhampton Wanderers
    LOK18 (Liam O) - Arsenal
    Bucko14189 (davei141) - AC Milan

Anyone around for games tonight? I'm due games with nearly everyone including:

Wonderboysam (wonderboysam) - Barcelona
    djayforza (djayforza) - Manchester City
    mordiepants (Sir Digby chicken caesar) - Chelsea
    Athanri (AthAnRi) - Inter Milan
    Rory001 (Wexguy) - Bayern Munich
    Jimeatsmenu (Jim) - Wolverhampton Wanderers
    LOK18 (Liam O) - Arsenal
    Bucko14189 (davei141) - AC Milan

I shud be on after 9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Just lost my first league game. I focking hate the chipped through balls. 2 of his first goals came from them. It's just sickening tbh. I prefer not to use that exploit. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Good game. I dont think its really an exploit if I have worked the ball and made players make runs into open spaces. I think Id be mad not to pass to them.

Anyway, if you havent lost until now Id say it's safe that you will be promoted. Youre a very good player obviously. The stats show that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: Nov 5th
    RESULT: Ath. Madrid (Bonescap) 2-3 Ac Milan (raheny red)

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/48690090

That's disgusting. Why not just score an own goal after doing that to him?? Very harsh.

Lamposts wrote: »
    That's disgusting. Why not just score an own goal after doing that to him?? Very harsh.

I've offered the replay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

raheny red wrote: »
    I've offered the replay :rolleyes:

why did you do it in the first place then? if you didn't do it there would be no need to offer a replay? :rolleyes:

Town Man wrote: »
    why did you do it in the first place then? if you didn't do it there would be no need to offer a replay? :rolleyes:

THIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Fcuk it, I'd do it. Good lad.

yea whats wrong with that??? horrible to happen, I'd have a broken tv and controller if it happened to me but still it was a terrible goal to give away not milans. He offered a replay which I don't think is necessary unless its in the rules that you give away a s**t goal and have to replay

• Advertisement

I try it in every game that I play tbh as it's very tricky to do and it does involve a bit of skill. I offered the replay as it happened in the 86th minute to make it 3-2. Anyway, I'll have take back the offer of a replay I'll keep the points :cool:

Lamposts wrote: »

And relax you, no animals were harmed in the making of that goal!

yea whats wrong with that??? horrible to happen, I'd have a broken tv and controller if it happened to me but still it was a terrible goal to give away not milans. He offered a replay which I don't think is necessary unless its in the rules that you give away a s**t goal and have to replay

What's wrong with it??? he ran across the keeper as he was kicking the ball out of his hand!!! The goalie didn't even get to kick the ball. Rahney Red has even admitted he did it on purpose. In real life it would have been a free out and a yellow card for the attacker. This league is supposed to be played in good spirit not with a win at all costs mentality!
    I try it in every game that I play tbh as it's very tricky to do and it does involve a bit of skill. I offered the replay as it happened in the 86th minute to make it 3-2. Anyway, I'll have take back the offer of a replay I'll keep the points :cool:

Skill??? I would call it cheap and unsporting, it's not what the league is about!

Skill??? I would call it cheap and unsporting, it's not what the league is about!

Skill? Yes, very much so sir. It's quite tricky to accomplish in fact. In your next online game try it, however, don't try it in a ranked match though. For what it's worth I also think last man tackling should be allowed but we won't go there.

Skill? Yes, very much so sir. It's quite tricky to accomplish in fact. In your next online game try it, however, don't try it in a ranked match though. For what it's worth I also think last man tackling should be allowed but we won't go there.

I agree with the last part. Last man tackling is something that happens in a large percentage of games. If I player is running through on goal he's coming down. FIFA is a simulation after all.

so is it ok for us to block down a keeper's kick out in the league then??

Do whatever you feel you need to do to get a win but my main point is this is not what the Boards League is about or should ever become. It is meant to be played in a sporting and friendly manner.

Imo what you did while it got you the win was unsporting. Can I ask you what would happen if you did that in a real game?

so is it ok for us to block down a keeper's kick out in the league then??

No rules against it.
    Can I ask you what would happen if you did that in a real game?

In the last minute of a cup final? Celebrated like **** :cool: - me and Henry go hand-in-hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

"Rules are rules" guys! :rolleyes:

In fairness to Raheny though, that is hard do and a bit rash from the keeper to kick the ball out so quickly.

If you tried it 10 times it would probably not work...10 of those times.

And last man tackling should not be allowed. That and passing around your own box are just horrible.

No rules against it.

In the last minute of a cup final? Celebrated like **** :cool: - me and Henry go hand-in-hand.

cool man do whatever you feel ya need to do to get a win.........

• Advertisement

cool man do whatever you feel ya need to do to get a win.........

No worries man, what league are you in? I'll look forward to meeting you x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement