Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FAO: Mr. Moon and Axwell

Lads what's the story with having our very own FA Cup between the 5 leagues? It'd be a bit of craic and wouldn't be hard to implement at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Town Man wrote: »
    What's wrong with it??? he ran across the keeper as he was kicking the ball out of his hand!!! The goalie didn't even get to kick the ball. Rahney Red has even admitted he did it on purpose. In real life it would have been a free out and a yellow card for the attacker. This league is supposed to be played in good spirit not with a win at all costs mentality!

Skill??? I would call it cheap and unsporting, it's not what the league is about!

I completely agree with you on playing the game in a sporting behaviour in the boards league, I took the goal as a sloppy error that Ath. Madrid (Bonescap) gave away and not Ac Milan (raheny red).

I don't find any problems with putting pressure on the goal keeper for kick outs tho..! I generally wait till the box is clear before kicking it out, hence no problems.!

is there rules to say otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I fckin WON!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

I completely agree with you on playing the game in a sporting behaviour in the boards league, I took the goal as a sloppy error that Ath. Madrid (Bonescap) gave away and not Ac Milan (raheny red).

I don't find any problems with putting pressure on the goal keeper for kick outs tho..! I generally wait till the box is clear before kicking it out, hence no problems.!

No rule!!! Sure then we would need an individual rule to all the other glitches in the game. Bad form for him for doing that and then gloating. Cashel is right, should have given him the goal back but instead the lure of 3 points was too great.

It doesnt take skill to do. I know a fella who can do it 6/10 easily. Sad way to get a win. Really sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

No rule!!! Sure then we would need an individual rule to all the other glitches in the game. Bad form for him for doing that and then gloating. Cashel is right, should have given him the goal back but instead the lure of 3 points was too great.

It doesnt take skill to do. I know a fella who can do it 6/10 easily. Sad way to get a win. Really sad.

What's his name and I'll add him as a friend. What's sadder about this goal is that some people are genuinely upset over it :eek: :o.

RHuHq.gif

• Advertisement

Ive never seen someone score a goal like that in any league that ive ever played in...ever. Because no one has tried it. Because it is the cheapest goal you can score.

Maybe its different in the 'lower leagues' but nobody who has played in the Prem would score from that. Not even storybud :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

SantryRed wrote: »
    FAO: Mr. Moon and Axwell

Lads what's the story with having our very own FA Cup between the 5 leagues? It'd be a bit of craic and wouldn't be hard to implement at all :)

Wont be this season, we'll implement it into next season if we can, we've had a lot of people in the lower leagues joining and then not playing games, so hopefully next season we'll have a good bunch of lads who play their games and we'll get a cup competition going.

I haven't seen that goal as it's blocked in work but it sounds like the keeper kicked it into the attacker and he then tapped it in for a cheap goal, while it's not against the rules, it's poor form and not the kind of mentality we want in these leagues, the anything to win attitude that some people have here astounds me at times, it's all just a bit of fun and a game at the end of the day, nobody get's paid for winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ah now Yapa you exaggerating rascal. Show me the fella that can do it 6/10 times. If you wait a second or two with your keeper the player will be forced back anyways so it can be done 0 times.

In fairness the x chip last year was very cheap but alot of us still did it.

There is one glitch this year that you can do from the tip off that ive stopped doing in league games as it is pretty cheap, as far as I know I only tried it against Hokem as I only discovered it a few games before that match. It didnt work against him but if it did it would probably be the cheapest way to score any goal ever.

Ive done it a few times to corcaigh in friendlies though. Then its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

In real life what he did was a "foul", attacker would have been yellow carded. There is a difference between putting pressure on the GK and trying to do a glitch such as taking the ball before it hits the foot of the GK.

Again for those people who are new to the league Moon and Axwell have rules set up but we are expected to use our common sense when we know the league is supposed to be played in a friendly manner. That means no cheap goals and no last man tackling. People may not see problems with them but when you sign up for a league, you are expected to play with the rules both "written" and "unwritten"

Arrogance and unwillingness to admit a mistake is not welcome in the league and when I say that I believe I can speak for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

In real life what he did was a "foul", attacker would have been yellow carded. There is a difference between putting pressure on the GK and trying to do a glitch such as taking the ball before it hits the foot of the GK.

Again for those people who are new to the league Moon and Axwell have rules set up but we are expected to use our common sense when we know the league is supposed to be played in a friendly manner. That means no cheap goals and no last man tackling. People may not see problems with them but when you sign up for a league, you are expected to play with the rules both "written" and "unwritten"

Arrogance and unwillingness to admit a mistake is not welcome in the league and when I say that I believe I can speak for a lot of people.

look, Ive had no problems in any of my games that I've played, and have thanked the two lads for running the league but I don't appreciate "Arrogance and unwillingness to admit a mistake is not welcome in the league and when I say that I believe I can speak for a lot of people" dribble dribble.

like I have stated before I completely agree with upholding the league in a friendly & sporting behavior (and have done so), I watched the goal and thought it was a messy goal to give away, gave my opinion on it, simple as. In saying that, I didn't know it was a glitch being used to an advantage

go easy on saying "in real life", its a simulator to have a bit of craic with.!

• Advertisement

He offered a replay until you and the likes got involved and started lifting him out of it :confused: So then he began to take the piss. It's quite obvious.

look, Ive had no problems in any of my games that I've played, and have thanked the two lads for running the league but I don't appreciate "Arrogance and unwillingness to admit a mistake is not welcome in the league and when I say that I believe I can speak for a lot of people" dribble dribble.

like I have stated before I completely agree with upholding the league in a friendly & sporting behavior (and have done so), I watched the goal and thought it was a messy goal to give away, gave my opinion on it, simple as. In saying that, I didn't know it was a glitch being used to an advantage

go easy on saying "in real life", its a simulator to have a bit of craic with.!

in real life in real life in real life in real life :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: yes it is a simulator but what does it simulate....go on say it :)
    that last sentence of my previous post was not aimed at you btw!
    I think what happened wasn't having the craic either though........
    He offered a replay until you and the likes got involved and started lifting him out of it :confused: So then he began to take the piss. It's quite obvious.

cool beans! one of "the likes" was infact one of the organisers of the league!! is Santry Red related to Raheny Red by any chance??? :D

in real life in real life in real life in real life :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: yes it is a simulator but what does it simulate....go on say it :)
    that last sentence of my previous post was not aimed at you btw!
    I think what happened wasn't having the craic either though........

cool beans! one of "the likes" was infact one of the organisers of the league!! is Santry Red related to Raheny Red by any chance??? :D

Is town man related to the lampost in his town?

Is town man related to the lampost in his town?

stick to the day job :cool:

stick to the day job :cool:

I'm a student :p

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

havent been on in a day and all this has gone on. to be honest i was fairly sick after losing the match, i didnt even think twice about a player blocking it down. i dont think the result will make much of a difference to my season as i'm mid-table and hopefully should avoid relegation but i think it would have been alot harder to take if i was going for promotion.

For those who think I only scored that goal because I have a fixation on winning; you are laughed at! Had I been 7-0 down at the time I would have done it, had I been 7-0 up at the time I would have done it.

raheny red wrote: »
    For those who think I only scored that goal because I have a fixation on winning; you are laughed at! Had I been 7-0 down at the time I would have done it, had I been 7-0 up at the time I would have done it.

Wow

Wow

As I asked previously could I have your mates name who gets this 6 times out of 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

its pretty sad you have to score a goal like that to win. bonescap is a sound chap.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I'm around today and tonight for League 3 matches chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

raheny red wrote: »
    As I asked previously could I have your mates name who gets this 6 times out of 10?

Yeah, what's his name so he can add him?

Lamposts wrote: »
    Yeah, what's his name so he can add him?

I can't as it's BS!

whats all the fuss about, sure it's the other guys fault he took the kick out without being aware of players around him.

Tough ****, it would happen in real life, so no point getting all high and mighty about it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

DB10 wrote: »
    I'm around today and tonight for League 3 matches chaps.

What time tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Does anyone in League 3 know what the craic is with Sir Digby chicken caesar? He's been offline for a good while.

Cjayses wrote: »
    Does anyone in League 3 know what the craic is with Sir Digby chicken caesar? He's been offline for a good while.

I played hime a few weeks ago and he was having issues with his connection. He had to add his Xbox to the DMZ every time he wanted to play. He was talking about pulling out of the league but not sure if he did. We eventually got to play.

Any update from djayforza? I've all my games played except for him. I know he is having problems with his connection. Any update on this?

In League 3 it seems Djayforza, Sir Digby and Jim are all having connection problems.

I haven't seen any for a good while, I did play sir Digby at the start though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Right lads I've fallen a bit behind , I'll be on later if anybody I'm due to play is on message me and I'll play Them
    League 1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement