Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Another loss to someone that isn't even in my league. Cech kept you in the game and you know it. FS.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Lamposts wrote: »
    Another loss to someone that isn't even in my league. Cech kept you in the game and you know it. FS.

You're as graceful in defeat as you are humble in victory lamps!

gaz15 wrote: »
    You're as graceful in defeat as you are humble in victory lamps!

Haha. I don't mind losing to someone that's better than me but losing to someone that's abysmal at the game is what bugs me. Ah well. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

cech didnt make it easy for me wit the 2nd goal,decided to keep running after your player almost to edge of your box and u had simple task of cross and head into empty net, should hav ben 3-1
    and i never claimed to b any good at fifa its just your all ridicously predictable with alot of attacks makes my defending as bad as it is that much easier

Parwind, JUST ANOTHER VICTIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Town Man wrote: »
    In real life it would have been a free out and a yellow card for the attacker. This league is supposed to be played in good spirit not with a win at all costs mentality!

This.

Stuff happens, no biggie. But what he actually did is a foul. A player cannot interfere with the goalkeepers kick. Its in the official fifa rules. Its a flaw in the game that it is allowed.

He either should've missed the chance or given an own goal. He didn't, and thats his right. But people remember this sort of stuff. Nobody will remember who came 3rd in league 1 in a couple months time.

But unsportsmanlike conduct sticks with people.

On a completely seperate but also slightly delicious note, Lamps losing games is fun :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Could a certain poster please refrain from spamming / bombarding me with party invites please, it's becoming very tiresome - thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

raheny red wrote: »
    Could a certain poster please refrain from spamming / bombarding me with party invites please, it's becoming very tiresome - thank you.

I'll go out on a limb here and say bud!

Kirby wrote: »
    This.

On a completely seperate but also slightly delicious note, Lamps losing games is fun :p

Just for that, I hope you get sacked in Football Manager! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hey guys. Just posting to say I'm pulling out of the league. I've been way too busy lately and other factors means I haven't been able to play my games.

Sorry for wasting people's time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lamposts wrote: »
    Just for that, I hope you get sacked in Football Manager! :D

Macken's the only one who gets the sack I'm afraid. :p

Besides, any Wolves manager who achieves european football is viewed as a god by his board and fans. I'm safe as houses. And I just beat Arsenal 6-1. After a result like that, I could lose to you and they would still love me.

Ofcourse that would never happen. :D

Parawind wrote: »
    I'll go out on a limb here and say bud!

Correct, he claims to have been egged on by a fellow table topper in a lower division. They are trying to unsettle me and get into my head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Correct, he claims to have been egged on by a fellow table topper in a lower division. They are trying to unsettle me and get into my head

that rules out everyone bar Lamps I guess!!!

Irishpower and Dufflecoat, I've got 12 inches waiting for you both. Out of lube so I'll have to force it in. Are either of ye free to play tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Il be on FIFA from about 10 if the lads im supposed to play are about. Im Man UTD in the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

sorry to Bassman, dude i was about to msg you when my xbox live started acting up, im heading out soon so wasnt going to play. sorry about that, maybe next time....

Dunny! wrote: »
    Il be on FIFA from about 10 if the lads im supposed to play are about. Im Man UTD in the Championship.

On COD but message me Il switch to F11

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Axwell wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Fixtures Gameweek 5 12th November

Arsenal v AC Milan
    Chelsea v Man Utd
    Man City v Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid v Inter Milan
    Valencia v Liverpool
    Villareal v Barcelona

AC Milan v Man City
    Bayern Munich v Valencia
    Inter Milan v Arsenal
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Man Utd v Villareal

Chelsea v Bayern Munich
    Man City v Inter Milan
    Man Utd v Liverpool
    Valencia v AC Milan
    Villareal v Real Madrid

Gameweek 5 Commences at 18:00
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Please note that this thread is for RESULTS ONLYall other posts will be deleted.

Please enter the results in the following format....

LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: Nov 12th
    RESULT: Team name (boards name) 0 - 0 Team name (boards name)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Was just having a look at the league and I noticed in it I was down to play bassman (barcelona) on the 12th of november so I checked the fixtures that were listed and noticed he was only down for one game the week above. Is this a mistake and were we actually meant to of played?

I have to stop giving people a head start :mad: . I've conceded first in about 75% of games I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

was playing bonescap and he disconnected and didnt return. Anyone talked to him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have to stop giving people head
    :D

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    :D

You men are all the same :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm around from 7 for some catchup games.

Parawind, will you be about for our game tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

joe123 wrote: »
    Was just having a look at the league and I noticed in it I was down to play bassman (barcelona) on the 12th of november so I checked the fixtures that were listed and noticed he was only down for one game the week above. Is this a mistake and were we actually meant to of played?

Bassman has two more fixtures not on that list, no idea why they aren't there.

Barcelona v Real Madrid
    Arsenal v Barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

FAO Davei141 and Liam O, Are any of ye around tonight or tomorrow night or firday early? I am due to play ye this game week. I've already PM'd you and sent you messages on Xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Any of my opponents around tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

lads anyone on today in league 2...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

lads anyone on today in league 2...?

I'll be leaving work sick soon so should get home soon but I don't think I'm due to play you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I'll be leaving work sick soon so should get home soon but I don't think I'm due to play you

just had a check, no we're not down to play. Do you know what the craic is with Bayern, sent a message on xbox a few days ago but nothing back?

Cheers,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement