Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

just had a check, no we're not down to play. Do you know what the craic is with Bayern, sent a message on xbox a few days ago but nothing back?

Cheers,

I tried too. Couldn't get in touch. Hasn't been online now for 6 days. I pm'd Mr. Moon to let him know I tried to get the game played but couldn't. Nice to know it's not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lamposts wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: Nov 12th
    RESULT: Man City (lamps) 4 - 0 (duffelcoatsunri) Lyon

He disconnected, intentionally at around the 60th minute. He attempted a last man back tackle on me as well but missed with it. Poor form man.

omg :eek::eek::eek: i had to double check that i opened the right thread, i guess i just opened the door to the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

To be fair, he has history doing that. Disconnecting Once or twice you can understand..... as it does happen, but a pattern is emerging here......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Tbh, I milked every goal because I was bored. I kept doing the guns celebration. Just keep tapping b. It's awesome!

Tbh, I milked every goal because I am an absolute asshole

Fixed your post for ya there mate :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Tbh, I milked every goal because I was bored. I kept doing the guns celebration. Just keep tapping b. It's awesome!

Just as bad in my opinion.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Just as bad in my opinion.

While i find milking celebrations distasteful and to be a little mean, it is allowed within the rules but intentionally disconnecting is not. Part of the reason people enjoy playing the leagues is that you know your not going to get a person disconnecting if your winning like you do in ranked matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

8 seasons in the premiership and this is the one where relegation looms largest for me. But I'll battle to the end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

It is awesome lol, I havent celebrated any of my goals in La Liga 1 or whatever its called...just chilling...be warned should you celebrate against me I will smash you up and the revolvers will come out :D

ps. maybe a little shuuuuuuuuuuuushhh as well....gonna talk to bud and see what the best combination for utter annoyance is :P

It is awesome lol, I havent celebrated any of my goals in La Liga 1 or whatever its called...just chilling...be warned should you celebrate against me I will smash you up and the revolvers will come out :D

ps. maybe a little shuuuuuuuuuuuushhh as well....gonna talk to bud and see what the best combination for utter annoyance is :P

Yeah, I'll try and work that into my celebrations. I'm thinking guns won't be enough to take a sith lord down. I'm thinking, dual sabers... BIAAATCH! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Dominate the whole game, and get nicked with the last kick of the game! Gutted!

Not a hope. 1-1 fair result. Midfield battle throughout. Awful game, one of the worst I've ever participated in. Both goals were scored through taking advantage of the game. Shame.

raheny red wrote: »
    Not a hope. 1-1 fair result. Midfield battle throughout. Awful game, one of the worst I've ever participated in. Both goals were scored through taking advantage of the game. Shame.

lol try playing without 8 players back and it would be more exciting. Not exactly a midfield battle i had 60% possession, i just kept probing and getting forced back by your 8 at the back.

Taking advantage of the game how exactly? I mean i pulled off a great little chip over your keeper after passing the ball around for ages to get the opening. Frankly you got very lucky to get anything out of that game, i should have made it 2-0 but instead of heading into the empty net kuyt chests the ball into your defender and you counter attack and score. But i guess thats what i get for trying to attack maybe you should try it some time.

How is a through ball and chipping an advancing keeper "taking advantage" of the game? Surely its taking advantage of poor play?

Seriously lads, grow some balls. Take the knocks like a man.

Parawind wrote: »
    lol try playing without 8 players back and it would be more exciting. Not exactly a midfield battle i had 60% possession, i just kept probing and getting forced back by your 8 at the back.

Taking advantage of the game how exactly? I mean i pulled off a great little chip over your keeper after passing the ball around for ages to get the opening. Frankly you got very lucky to get anything out of that game, i should have made it 2-0 but instead of heading into the empty net kuyt chests the ball into your defender and you counter attack and score. But i guess thats what i get for trying to attack maybe you should try it some time.

THIS.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

What's the story with League 3 lads?

Jim is gone, does that mean we all get the points? Also Djayforza seems to be gone.

Gotta sort it out,only 1 match at all was played last week....:eek:

Parawind wrote: »

I play with two different styles in each game lasting 45 mins each. 1st half 5-3-2 ultra defensive, 2nd half 4-2-2-2 ultra offensive. I've done this in every game to date (regardless of the scoreline at the time), what's wrong with that :confused:. You had 54% not 60%, stop lying. Probing? Passing it around sideways in defence and midfield is not probing :confused:

Yes taking advantage of the game. We both did it, we both exploited with through balls over the top. A shame to see. And to make it 2-0 you failed big style with a pull back, another exploit by the way. I also tried the pull back but you intercepted. A dirty horrible game but meh it's a computer game. Maybe I should trying attacking more? You sir are laughed at! Still unbeaten :cool:

Kirby wrote: »
    How is a through ball and chipping an advancing keeper "taking advantage" of the game? Surely its taking advantage of poor play?

Seriously lads, grow some balls. Take the knocks like a man.

Erm, who the f*** are you? I scored the exact same way. It's an exploit but anyway. GG WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

is a pull back and a through ball really an exploit? If you play by pulling your played into intercepting positions rather than always chasing the player with the ball that cuts the through ball out....if you get your winger chasing the other teams winger and then switch to the defender you can double up on a player which can stop the pull back...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a few games to catch up on but really busy the last while. Will try get on one evening during the week but will be on Friday and all weekend for anyone thats looking to get our games out of the way.

Cheers

I play with two different styles in each game lasting 45 mins each. 1st half 5-3-2 ultra defensive, 2nd half 4-2-2-2 ultra offensive. I've done this in every game to date (regardless of the scoreline at the time), what's wrong with that :confused:. You had 54% not 60%, stop lying. Probing? Passing it around sideways in defence and midfield is not probing :confused:

Yes taking advantage of the game. We both did it, we both exploited with through balls over the top. A shame to see. And to make it 2-0 you failed big style with a pull back, another exploit by the way. I also tried the pull back but you intercepted. A dirty horrible game but meh it's a computer game. Maybe I should trying attacking more? You sir are laughed at! Still unbeaten :cool:

Through balls arent exploits...Cut backs arent exploits....Im Undefeated ;)

Who the f*** am I? Im the Prem Champ...look forward to playing you someday.

• Advertisement

Through balls arent exploits...Cut backs arent exploits....Im Undefeated ;)

Who the f*** am I? Im the Prem Champ...look forward to playing you someday.

I see them as exploits, you don't - GG WP lets leave it at that. I never asked who you were but that's nice to know, however, I'm not interested in comparing FIFA peni.

I see them as exploits, you don't - GG WP lets leave it at that. I never asked who you were but that's nice to know, however, I'm not interested in comparing FIFA peni.

GG WP? Never played you...you haven’t had that pleasure yet. You seem to be recently asking people who they are (see your above post). Anyway I’m sure its polite to introduce oneself since we haven’t been properly introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Get a room lads

GG WP? Never played you...you haven’t had that pleasure yet. You seem to be recently asking people who they are (see your above post). Anyway I’m sure its polite to introduce oneself since we haven’t been properly introduced.

I didn't ask who you are, nor do I want to know. GG WP, stop with the wumming.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

DB10 wrote: »
    What's the story with League 3 lads?

Jim is gone, does that mean we all get the points? Also Djayforza seems to be gone.

Gotta sort it out,only 1 match at all was played last week....:eek:

So is Dave131 and Sir Digby. Both having issues with their connection. I tried all week to get in touch with Liam O but he just keeps ignoring my messages. Next step is to contact Mr Moon or Axwell but I don't want to do that. Would prefer to play the matches and Lose than do that but at the same time I would prefer to get a walkover than to have the match void.

I was away for the weekend bu I'm bak now so will contact my opponents and hopefully get a few games this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

AthAnRi wrote: »
    So is Dave131 and Sir Digby. Both having issues with their connection. I tried all week to get in touch with Liam O but he just keeps ignoring my messages. Next step is to contact Mr Moon or Axwell but I don't want to do that. Would prefer to play the matches and Lose than do that but at the same time I would prefer to get a walkover than to have the match void.

I was away for the weekend bu I'm bak now so will contact my opponents and hopefully get a few games this week.

I think with so many new people entering this season Axwell and Moon set up extra leagues. Youl find once you go up divisions and once this first season is over they will have a better idea of who will actually play their games and kick the rest that have disappeared half way through.

Still unbeaten :cool:

The rape is coming.

Thats funny you only changed formations after i scored, you instantly paused the game switched formations and brought on robiniho because you had too. Now while i realise that parking the bus with a very defensive formation is your choice, frankly i was a little irked by the fact that you called it one of the worst games you had ever played. Of course it would be for you when a team sticks everyone behind the ball, so if it was infact that bad a game for you i would look in the mirror before i started blaming others.

As for my goal it was a ground pass not a ball over the top so not sure where you got that from, you must be thinking of another match. And i didn't try a pull back i had a man free and your defender was closing my striker and i crossed it to my free man.

Anyway at the end of the match you got your fergie time equaliser so can't do anything about the result now. Some teams play to win but you play not to lose and had i played that way frankly i'd have seen out the game at your corner flag and you would have been disgusted i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Ye're all shite, I'm teh best. Yayy, points and rankings and manual through ball cross shot glitch goal.

• Advertisement

The rape is coming.

Similar to the one I gave you last season?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement