Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Parawind wrote: »
    Thats funny you only changed formations after i scored, you instantly paused the game switched formations and brought on robiniho because you had too. Now while i realise that parking the bus with a very defensive formation is your choice, frankly i was a little irked by the fact that you called it one of the worst games you had ever played. Of course it would be for you when a team sticks everyone behind the ball, so if it was infact that bad a game for you i would look in the mirror before i started blaming others.

As for my goal it was a ground pass not a ball over the top so not sure where you got that from, you must be thinking of another match. And i didn't try a pull back i had a man free and your defender was closing my striker and i crossed it to my free man.

Anyway at the end of the match you got your fergie time equaliser so can't do anything about the result now. Some teams play to win but you play not to lose and had i played that way frankly i'd have seen out the game at your corner flag and you would have been disgusted i'm sure.

I changed my formation at half time. I brought on Robinho on after you scored as Pirlo was dying. I play defensive for first half and offensive for second half, nothing wrong with that - seems to be working in two seasons so far, looking like back-to-back promotions :cool:. I never once blamed just yourself on the bad game, it was due to both of us, stop looking for an argument. Your goal was a ball over my last defender's head. You failed terribly at a poor pull back, unlucky. And I don't know why you feel so aggrieved about not winning? UL GG WP, you wouldn't beat me in a month of Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

You wouldn't find it on Jeremy Kyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

raheny red wrote: »
    I changed my formation at half time. I brought on Robinho on after you scored as Pirlo was dying. I play defensive for first half and offensive for second half, nothing wrong with that - seems to be working in two seasons so far, looking like back-to-back promotions :cool:. I never once blamed just yourself on the bad game, it was due to both of us, stop looking for an argument. Your goal was a ball over my last defender's head. You failed terribly at a poor pull back, unlucky. And I don't know why you feel so aggrieved about not winning? UL GG WP, you wouldn't beat me in a month of Sundays.

I guess i was just little dissapointed cause you didn't have a real chance until the last kick of the game. As for the month of Sundays lol i have you give it too you your a character, big talk considering we have played twice and you have never won or even looked like winning. And lets be clear you had a much stronger team in both games too so if you couldn't beat me with Milan i doubt you will ever have a better chance but lets leave those silly sweeping statements to lamps.

I'm clearly not going to change your mind on what actually happened in the game so i guess i'll just leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Similar to the one I gave you last season?

When I was off form, congrats mate. I'm in the form of my life so enjoy getting bummed.

Lamposts wrote: »
    When I was off form, congrats mate. I'm in the form of my life so enjoy getting bummed.

lolz it's game.

• Advertisement

lolz it's game.

LOLZ! Just tell that to storybud22! :eek:

I guess i was just little dissapointed cause you didn't have a real chance until the last kick of the game. As for the month of Sundays lol i have you give it too you your a character, big talk considering we have played twice and you have never won or even looked like winning. And lets be clear you had a much stronger team in both games too so if you couldn't beat me with Milan i doubt you will ever have a better chance but lets leave those silly sweeping statements to lamps.

I'm clearly not going to change your mind on what actually happened in the game so i guess i'll just leave it there.

Hi Kevin, I beat you 3-1. There was no need to bring me into this. Stick with your Football Manager and getting the sack. :rolleyes:

There was no need to bring me into this.

lol there is always a need :D

lol there is always a need :D

Remember the time I beat HOKEM and Bud in the World Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Remember the time I beat HOKEM and Bud in the World Cup?

with the best team in the world in Manual Chip 10 might I add!

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    with the best team in the world in Manual Chip 10 might I add!

Spain were a rubbish team in FIFA 10. Play with them in 10 and you'll see what I mean. I'm UNREAL! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

some of you lads are really up your own hole.

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    some of you lads are really up your own hole.

WELL SAID!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

stop looking for an argument. .
    you wouldn't beat me in a month of Sundays.

He states in the same post :rolleyes:

As for who I am, if you don't know you haven't been here very long. There was no need to cuss me out and throw a hissy fit. I simply pointed out blaming everything under the sun for not winning and claiming stuff you don't like....such as passing...as an exploit is childish.

Play the game and accept it when you don't win.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads enough of the bs, the thread and league has been running at a reasonably friendly manner up till recently with little or no moaning until this nonsense. I said at the start of the season there was to be none of this crap that has gone on in previous seasons.

Raheny Red you have been the subject of enough posts over the last while for one reason or another. People are expected to act and play in a sporting and friendly manner and also act accordingly on the thread. People that cant abide by that or continually are the subject of issues in the league or involved in arguments in the thread dont get invited back, something worth noting at thist stage of the season.

The rest of you (Kirby, Yapa, Lamps, Parawind and anyone else involved) are playing and on the thread long enough now to know better than to start this crap we have had in other seasons so leave it at that, arguing/moaning on the subject over.

Anyone continuing with it will be receiving a ban.

Anyone fancy a cup comp. in the off-season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Anyone fancy a cup comp. in the off-season?

I'd throw my hat into that if you are up for it!

How about International Teams? Just for something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

omg :eek::eek::eek: i had to double check that i opened the right thread, i guess i just opened the door to the past.

Lads, just to defend my corner here, and sorry if anyone thinks I am giving out. My connection dropped against lamposts, plain and simple. Why would he think it was a disconnect intentionally... just throwing around accusations me thinks.

Lamposts, apologies for the disconnect, I sent you a message to say so. I did not bring down any of your men in the game and I dont believe I even picked up a card so if you have something real to say, Im listening, but other than that, GROW UP! You wont the game and I never complained about you celebrating all of your goals.

Parawind - I do believe you had an issue with me celebrating goals against you in a friendly last year and yet you jump on the wagon here to criticise me. Yes, I took your last man down, but it was a friendly so league rules didnt apply. I have no history of red cards or disconnects in the league so again.....GROW UP!!

Kirby....dont remember a disconnect with you so you will do well to not add your two cents when someone else posts up something they imagined. Join the club....GROW UP!!

And now I am finished.....cheers lads, great league this year.....pity people cant just get on with it....

Clique springs to mind tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Wow hard to believe people are getting so bent out of shape over a video game. Let's forget this junk and just have fun. I think it's been great so far, it gives me a chance to play against a good quality of player that I don't seem to get in quick play.

Thanks again to Mr. Moon and Axwell for setting it up and sorry you guys are getting aggro!

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Wow hard to believe people are getting so bent out of shape over a video game. Let's forget this junk and just have fun. I think it's been great so far, it gives me a chance to play against a good quality of player that I don't seem to get in quick play.

Thanks again to Mr. Moon and Axwell for setting it up and sorry you guys are getting aggro!

Moon and Axwell know I dont point any aggro their direction. The league is a fantastic idea and I abide by the rules, even though I dont always like them. Just dont think people should make accusations without even speaking to someone first...

Well done lads, and thats my rant over for this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Clique springs to mind tbh.

If by 'Clique' you mean 'friends' then yes.

Moon and Axwell know I dont point any aggro their direction. The league is a fantastic idea and I abide by the rules, even though I dont always like them. Just dont think people should make accusations without even speaking to someone first...

Well done lads, and thats my rant over for this season...

Will you be playing our remaining game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads, I have a few games to catch up on in the Championship.
    Bonescap, Niallith, mailrewop, the dunne and srooney I think.
    I should be on tonight from around 9pm if any of ye want to collect a handy 3 points :rolleyes:

Will you be playing our remaining game?

Of course I will play all of my games...I aint going anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I'd throw my hat into that if you are up for it!

How about International Teams? Just for something different?

+1 on that. I Bags Spain:pac:

have ye had any joy trying to get Bayern to play?

Also I've 7games to catch up on:
    Mancho56 (Mancho) - Barcelona
    vinnyoc (UnleashTheBeast) - Bayern Munich x2
    Alex 20LEGEND99 (ArklowHoop) - Chelsea x2
    Primitoid (jamescd) - Liverpool
    Rev Ireland (Blahblah06) - FC Porto

let me know when ye can play those games,

Cheers

Parawind - I do believe you had an issue with me celebrating goals against you in a friendly last year and yet you jump on the wagon here to criticise me. Yes, I took your last man down, but it was a friendly so league rules didnt apply. I have no history of red cards or disconnects in the league so again.....GROW UP!!

Just to be clear i wasn't refering to a friendly i was talking about this league match.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63580228&postcount=176

Wasn't jumping on any wagon just making the point that this HAS happened before and i thought it was funny that it happened again when 4-0 down.

Don't take it so personally if this had occurred with myself the finger would be pointed at me or anyone else. Just saying anyone can claim that a person disconnected and the other person can just deny it, so the only thing to go on is past events.

Just to be clear i wasn't refering to a friendly i was talking about this league match.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63580228&postcount=176

Wasn't jumping on any wagon just making the point that this HAS happened before and i thought it was funny that it happened again when 4-0 down.

Don't take it so personally if this had occurred with myself the finger would be pointed at me or anyone else. Just saying anyone can claim that a person disconnected and the other person can just deny it, so the only thing to go on is past events.

Ok you make a good point. They were similar events due to the scoreline, but I dont quit league matches. I have completed plenty of matched where i have been beaten by more than 4 goals. I dont quit league games cos like everyone else, the reason I love the league is because nobody quits when youre winning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

lol

Classic Floyd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement