Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Parawind wrote: »
    Mistake! You sir shall be taught a lesson you shall not soon forget! If i were you i'd get practicing since i beat you 3-0 with Liverpool already and you couldn't manage a shot on target!

It's about time you got a little conservative with your posturing, perhaps you should worry about how badly your going to get spanked!

Here look, I knew you'd bring this up. Yet you leave out that time I bummed you like 7-1 with Bayer Munich. I told you.. I was watching season 2 of Veronica Mars while playing you, so beating me 3-0 when I was Shamrock Rovers isn't much of a feat mate. I look forward to taking you down in the league. Just like in Blur, you're gonna be runner up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Lamposts wrote: »
    Here look, I knew you'd bring this up. Yet you leave out that time I bummed you like 7-1 with Bayer Munich. I told you.. I was watching season 2 of Veronica Mars while playing you, so beating me 3-0 when I was Shamrock Rovers isn't much of a feat mate. I look forward to taking you down in the league. Just like in Blur, you're gonna be runner up! :D
    There goes our friendly clubs atmosphere.....

Just dont make me choose guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

When will we be gettin started ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Don't let my name fool you. My bass are magnificent and I shall reign supreme. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere but do we get pm'd with the password for joining the league or should we be looking for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

lads im just wondering how many promotion/relegation places there are in each league. and i also think there shud be a token prize for each league winner im sure a blue peter badge wud be more than sufficient.....

• Advertisement

There goes our friendly clubs atmosphere.....

Just dont make me choose guys!

You can see me on weekends & Macken on weekdays. He can take you to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Little unsure over picking arsenal. Can I change to spurs? ;) or aek Athens......:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Don't let my name fool you. My bass are magnificent and I shall reign supreme. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere but do we get pm'd with the password for joining the league or should we be looking for these?

You will be PM'd as soon as everyone has picked their teams.
    djayforza wrote: »
    lads im just wondering how many promotion/relegation places there are in each league. and i also think there shud be a token prize for each league winner im sure a blue peter badge wud be more than sufficient.....

Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Were my posts deleted? :confused:

You can see me on weekends & Macken on weekdays. He can take you to college.
    ok, but you'll have to let me play whatever position i want, otherwise macken will b the cooler manager!

• Advertisement

ok, but you'll have to let me play whatever position i want, otherwise macken will b the cooler manager!

I know you've been confused for your whole life. Wondering why you have 2 Daddy's. Me & Kevin will sit you down one day. You can take my RS and I'll play CB for you sport! Daddy has lost his touch anyway. He can't hack it up front anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

I know you've been confused for your whole life. Wondering why you have 2 Daddy's. Me & Kevin will sit you down one day. You can take my RS and I'll play CB for you sport! Daddy has lost his touch anyway. He can't hack it up front anymore.

I have more dark arts for you...something that will keep you at RS...forever *Darth Vader breathing sounds*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you havent gave thanks to the Rules sticky then please do so.

The league details will be sent out by pm after 6pm to those that have done so and the fixtures will be posted for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Looking forward to starting this now. I was hoping to get the same league as Kirby to stretch our rivalry across another game :)

My defense has improved 100% in the past week so I'm hoping to do better than Wolves currently are IRL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Fair play for picking Wolves, man. Almost makes me wish I had picked Sheffield Wednesday. Almost.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Jim wrote: »
    Looking forward to starting this now. I was hoping to get the same league as Kirby to stretch our rivalry across another game :)

My defense has improved 100% in the past week so I'm hoping to do better than Wolves currently are IRL :pac:
    Don't worry I'm Stoke so if you're good it could be an easy win. May even be a top of the table clash, both attack minded sides....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Fair play for picking Wolves, man. Almost makes me wish I had picked Sheffield Wednesday. Almost.
    Yea, I only have interest in playing a team I support tbh, regardless of how poorly rated they are compared to others. If Wolves were already picked I'd probably have picked Bohs heh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

League Details have been sent by pm to everyone that gave thanks to the rules thread.

Those that didnt need to thank the rules thread and then pm for details.

Fixtures will be posted by Mr Moon tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Week one's fixtures can be played by those who have thanked the rules and joined the league.

Fixtures can be found here use the drop down menu to select your league and click on your team to see the fixtures, click on your opponent to see their name, you'll notice 5 names for most teams, divided into PREM CHAMP L1 L2 L3 to tell you which league they're in if you need to add them to your friends list

I'll post up the fixtures tomorrow properly, please only play the 3 fixtures assigned to you for each week otherwise they'll be considered null and void and will have to be replayed

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Let the games begin.

My first 3 games are

treble11 (Cjayses) - Manchester United
    Dave7g (Jerichoholic) - Real Madrid
    Zerca32 (DB10) - Stoke City

Any of you online tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I have

Dave7g (Jerichoholic) - Real Madrid
    Zerca32 (DB10) - Stoke City

if either of you two are online tonight, we can get them out of the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

First up:

djayforza (djayforza) - Manchester City
    LOK18 (Liam O) - Arsenal
    treble11 (Cjayses) - Manchester United

Craicahontas! Let's knock these out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I feel like West Brom thats a bloody tough start.

Chelsea (niallish)
    Inter Milan (irishPOWER89)
    Real Madrid (srooney03)

Looks like i'll have to hit the ground running.

Chelsea (niallish)
    Bayern Munich (The Dunne)
    Barcelona (livelyjojo)

Looking forward to it. :)

I got a pretty tough introduction to boards leagues! Lookin forward to playin Darth Yapa! I hope I can use the force!

mjens (mjens) - Manchester United

Yapamilias (Yapamillias) - Real Madrid
    keysersoze1988 (keysersoze_88) - Tottenham Hotspur

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

keysersoze1988 (keysersoze_88)
    donegaldoc (donegal11)
    TuneTuneTuner (RALEIGH_BURNER2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Inter,Barca and Ac Milan.

Me and bud just played there. Do we post the results in the fixture threads?

Did you beat the bud? :O

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I'm Stoke, I may be online later tonight after 12 I'm not sure though.

But I definitely will be around anytime after 11:20 AM for most of tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Did you beat the bud? :O

Nope a pretty crap 0-0. I know now why hokem finds the way bud defends frustrating to play against. Really effective though. Both had two chances each so fair result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement