Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

merry christmas boys. im da besttt:). skyboiiiiiiiii congrats to lamps for not being able to count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Only one player has gone out of the premiership and managed to get back in!! Actually I think it might have been two!

More determined than ever now so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

When is season 9 starting ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Mark and axwell?

3 so lol

Duffle did it once too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Lamps will make it 4.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

raheny red wrote: »
    Lamps will make it 4.

;)

I like James Blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Quick question. Is it true that there will be no new players this season? I know an active lad who wants to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

its Ryan S, isnt it? good player

Full up at the moment lads! And this guy isn't even a poster on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

He knows half of the players on boards anyway.And half the boys who joined up had less than 20 posts. If a space frees up we should totally get him in. Rock solid player and wicked Scouse accent. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

To be fair, nearly every member of the prem talks to this lad every day. He's active and a decent player. If we aren't accepting new blood, fair enough. But if a spot opens up......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

There wont be any new players this season. If we are taking some in next season he is welcome to stick his name down when the time comes.

is it such a good idea to not allow any new players??(this isnt referring to this other guy) wouldnt want the league to regess. i know moon and axwell have trouble with new players leaving but the effort is worth it to get more dedicated players involved. most of the prem are already looking forward to next season because of new blood like lamps, dowdus and dare i say it, raheny red!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

In Fifa Leagues on some other websites, new players must play a minimum of around 6 pre season friendlies against current members of the league and the results posted in a specific thread in order to determine their suitability and reliability for the league.

A lot of the new players from last season didn't play many of their games but maybe if there is a pre season process of determining the suitability of a player this can enhance the league. Don't let everyone who shows an interest get in but those who meet a certain standard.
    Myself and a number of other boards members got into this league by being part of a waiting league and playing a specific number of games.

I am all for new players once they add to the league and if alot of league members can vouch for him that is a good sign.

I bet there are a number of current league players in lower divisions who have signed up for the new season and didn't finish their games for last season

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

We gave anyone who wanted the chance to join when Fifa 11 came out last season so that new people had a chance to play and loads did. As expected a lot of those dropped out and didnt stick it out so we whittled it down to what we have now for the forthcoming season.

The premiership doesnt get affected by the new players who quit or dont play their games when this happens, its only the lower leagues. Its not fair on those in the lower leagues where the new people who join and do make an effort have people quitting or not playing games in their division if we were to let new players join every season. They would never get to play a proper competitive season at that rate, for that reason there wont be new players draughted in every season.

We have enough players who are dedicated to playing for the coming season in all divisions and it should be a good season for everyone.Its a case of quality over quantity, its better to have a league of players who will play all their games and everyone enjoys it than 6 divisons where theres players dropping out left right and centre who sign up all excited and then vanish after a few games. At the end of this season myself and Moon will look at things again and see what the numbers are like then for the next season.

By the way team picks will be starting this week for the new season so everyone is reminded to keep an eye on boards and their pm inbox.

ah yea fair enough. to be honest, i think you could bring back the qualifying league, that showed to you who was committed to play and who wasnt. i think i remember playing yapa and parawind through that league a fair while ago and they are still involved as well.

whatever ye decide is fine by me though, appreciate the efforts of yourself and moon.

by the way, happy new years to everyone!

Yeah we plan to use qualifying leagues again when we do take on new players. With season 8 it was a new Fifa and there was a lot of interest so we ran with the number of divisions and let everyone play. Qualifying leagues usually run mid season so that the filter in to the next season when it starts so we will see how season 9 goes and make a decision when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

If someone wants to join and they are an unknown quantity then you dont know how reliable they are. But im sure it would be good for the leagues if people who will play all the games will come on. Most of us advertise the boards league on our sig.

Off hand, Parawind, Corcaigh, Hokem, Story, Oliver Cole, Monarch and Myself can all provide a character reference for Ryan as being ALWAYS online as well as being a good player, reliable etc. Thats a ringing endorsement lol

You dont have to let everyone in but most leagues that ive played in have a veto system.

An endorsement is irrelevant, new players will be going through the qualifying process no matter who they are or who they know. The only reason this was different last season was because there was a new game out with a huge amount of interest and we decided to give everyone a chance to sign up that was interested. If we are running a qualifying league before next season starts any interested player will have their chance to sign up then.

Also, this league is for active boards members, he has zero posts as of yet!

Tell him to start posting on the boards and to stop spamming me with PM's asking to join!

Then when we come to next season we'll have no problem letting him or anyone else join through the qualification league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    is it such a good idea to not allow any new players??(this isnt referring to this other guy) wouldnt want the league to regess. i know moon and axwell have trouble with new players leaving but the effort is worth it to get more dedicated players involved. most of the prem are already looking forward to next season because of new blood like lamps, dowdus and dare i say it, raheny red!

I'm in your head, biy!

raheny red wrote: »
    I'm in your head, biy!

i think you have mistaken me for someone else, ill direct you to the person you meant

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=101812

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement