Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

do we have to post the results somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

****in Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

keysersoze1988 (keysersoze_88)
    donegaldoc (donegal11)
    TuneTuneTuner (RALEIGH_BURNER2)
    I got a pretty tough introduction to boards leagues! Lookin forward to playin Darth Yapa! I hope I can use the force!

mjens (mjens) - Manchester United
    Yapamilias (Yapamillias) - Real Madrid
    keysersoze1988 (keysersoze_88) - Tottenham Hotspur
    ill be on tomorrow after 6 if yous are on ? and seanog18 (miralize) - Barcelona you are my 3rd game whenever you are on

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Darragh kenny (MasterKen) - Manchester United
    ctmc87 (starviewadams) - Real Madrid
    BeanFlicker86 (BeanFlicker) - Manchester City

any of ye about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

My firsts in League 1

Yapamilias (Yapamillias) - Real Madrid
    keysersoze1988 (keysersoze_88) - Tottenham Hotspur
    donegaldoc (donegal11) - AC Milan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Resulsts threads now up, sorry about the delay :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

A fine away game awaits the Zenit, away to Juve (Delirio) =D Our long bus journey has begun and we expect alot of banter along the way....

Then Raleigh Burner2's Arsenal will come to St Petersburg.....bring your gloves lads!

And then its to gastromic Lyon against X Pyro =D

Very excited about the start. Should be on every week so just send a message on xbox live to me =D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Only 2 fixtures for me next this week

Rev Ireland (Blahblah06) - FC Porto
    mickeylow (mickeylow) - Inter Milan

I'll be on in the evening if any of you want to get it started ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Good game tonight between myself (Arsenal) and Public Executor (Zenit). Was a lot of chances despite me only winning 1-0 and I think it's fair to say both of us need to work on our finishing ;) I just got that extra bit of luck but it was a good game nevertheless.

AC Milan and Barca next so will probably be happy to win one of those and put me in a good position to kick on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Off to a bad start in the premiership. 2 losses. *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads id suggest to those that havent played in the leagues before to look at adding any players in your own division as friends on xbox live so you can see if they are online instead of hoping they respond on boards.

A lot of the time people dont regularly check here but could be on xbox live most evenings. All gamertags are on the team picks sticky thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ok how the heck do I know who I need to play and how many games a week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Oh wait never mind

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

My games:

TeenageMicrobe (Doctor Jimbob) - Inter Milan
    Pinga Dura 22 (Delirio) - Juventus
    GrandeCapaChino (Paco Rodriguez) - Zenith St Petersburg

Ye're going down lads. :) I'm back on fire recently too, woop!

Is it usual to chat mid game? Because I can't really talk and concentrate at the same time. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Where do you find your fixtures from? I don't see it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

sorry mods was away on a school tour the weekend just gone.

I have thanked the rules post just now, I shall be on Saturday to play any games I need to and I may be on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'll be on tonight around 6-7 i'd say... send me a message if we need to play (GT : seanog18)

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads id suggest to those that havent played in the leagues before to look at adding any players in your own division as friends on xbox live so you can see if they are online instead of hoping they respond on boards.

A lot of the time people dont regularly check here but could be on xbox live most evenings. All gamertags are on the team picks sticky thread
    You can also go into the league via FIFA and see who's online by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jim wrote: »
    Looking forward to starting this now. I was hoping to get the same league as Kirby to stretch our rivalry across another game :)

My defense has improved 100% in the past week so I'm hoping to do better than Wolves currently are IRL :pac:

The only Cammy in football is legendary pundit, Chris Kamara :D

Hope you get promoted mate. And loads of Respect for your team choice. I picked Bristol City last season and managed to stay in the premiership so I know you are in for some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Won my opening match 6-0, hope my scoring form continues :D

Best one of the lot was this curler from Meireles :cool:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43094212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Just lost 2-0 to Stoke(DB10). It should have been more. Stoke missed a penalty and had a few other chances.

I'm gonna have to start practicing if I have any hope of promotion.

Well done DB10.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Yeah it probably should have, I'm so ****e at the new penalties especially when there is a bit of pressure. The old game it was a certain goal!

Was a good game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

DB10 wrote: »
    Yeah it probably should have, I'm so ****e at the new penalties especially when there is a bit of pressure. The old game it was a certain goal!

Was a good game though.

I'm equally as bad at them. I either kick them straight down the middle or blast them high and wide :).

Good game alright.

If you're having problems with penos go into the arena and put on the targetting aid in penos. Shows you exactly how they work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just got killed stone dead by Sir Digby, 4-1! No sex for Real Madrid until after our next game. I'm looking at you Ronaldo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah, the game was closer than the scoreline lets on. you had a good few chances that just didn't come right in the end

gg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Add me on Live(srooney03) for anybody im down to play (Real madrid Championship), im on most nites ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Drew my first game 2-2 with Wompa. Can't believe I didn't win that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

SantryRed wrote: »
    Drew my first game 2-2 with Wompa. Can't believe I didn't win that game.

Yeah I can't beleive it either. I'm so lucky! I also managed a 5-0 win against blah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Crap..I only just noticed the fixtures up. I played a game that I wasn't scheduled too. Sorry guys. I'm away from next Wednesday so maybe it's a good thing..I'll have to get games out of the way before hand anyway

Hopefully I get a bit of mercy here. I really want to be involved with this. I will be gone from October 28th - November 9th , the rules say I need to have half of my games played so I need to get cracking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement