Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 8 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Town Man wrote: »
    just to clarify that the score was still 1-0 in my game, joe never scored in the one i was "playing in". In all fairness i could have scored 1st in the 1st game after i hit the crossbar too. Having your 3midfielders sitting back in front of the back 4 made it a difficult game for me, i was pretty much restricted to long shots. I didn't know you were suffering from lag when i'd scored. There was bad lag in one of lamposts matches in his league when he went a goal down but when they played the remaining minutes in a 2nd game being the sportsman he is let the score start as 1-0. So twas only fair we did the same. Lag is sometimes part and parcel of online gaming. I had bad lag against mark the other night but played on in which was a great match. Don't mind me saying this joe but at times you can sound unfair towards some of your opponents who you play in the league with your reports but that's just my opinion. gg and hopefully if we are playing each other next season there won't be any issues

I know I was hoping Id get a touch of the ball to pause it so I could send you a message but from about the 15th minute I couldnt move any of my players and you scored from that build up. It was like the 5 second lag that happens in clubs.

I let you have the goal as it was only fair at the end of the day. Didnt mean to put you down in this but I was just annoyed at the game for glitching the way it did when I defended probably the best I have in any game this league. I was just saying I thought youd agree I deserved two wins out of this as in fairness I had you pegged back most of the game and as you said you were resorting to long shots. The 3 midfielders thing your on about is just the default Arsenal. I just defended really well against you and seemed to clean up with Diaby. The only other two games I gave out about in the league was against Axwell and Mark. Against Axwell I was just annoyed I missed the chances I had where as the Mark game id give out about it again and again as I just felt having 8 at the back with the top team and then pumping over the top balls to Ronaldo was cheap.

There have been plenty of games where I was lucky in the league. Against Corcaigh I couldnt even get out of my own half in the 2nd half. Il complain when I feel theres something to complain about. :P

Surely you can understand why I was pissed off with that second match against you. Concede a goal when I cant control my players and then manage to go 2-0 up only to let in an equaliser in the last kick of the game from a long range shot from badstuber of all people!

Anyways yeah hopefully the patch will sort some of the disconnection craic out.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Anyone heard from djayforza? I've sent him messages on Xbox and boards and no response. That and he hasn't been on here or xbox for over a week now?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

AthAnRi wrote: »
    Anyone heard from djayforza? I've sent him messages on Xbox and boards and no response. That and he hasn't been on here or xbox for over a week now?

He is having problems with his connection and should have it sorted soon and will catch up on games then.

The reason I refused to play it is because I read and thanked the same set of rules you did that's quite clear on what happens with disconnections.

If my connection had been the one to drop I most certainly wouldn't have had the cheek to look for a replay off you. IMO its pretty bad form messaging me looking for a replay as it makes me look the bad guy cos I said no to you!

Regarding not replying to messages. every message you sent was asking me to replay it or finish the ten minutes, I sent two messages one saying I wasn't willing to play and the other saying I would ask moon or axwell for a final decision. I went offline after that as I felt that no more needed to be said on the matter.

Even if I was loosing by one goal and was all over you id accept defeat but I was the one who had scored last. I was on a break down the wing with Walcot aswell when the thing froze up I got disconnected.

Its clear you want your 3 points over just doing the fair thing and play ten minutes of a match. Plenty of lads on here in the league have done it not because of the rules but because its sporting and cutting the other guy a break.

Obviously you dont see it that way. Very poor form on your part mate.

Anyways would appreciate the mods comments on this as its clear gaz has no intention of doing me any favours and is not even trying to be sound about this.

Its strange. Id have no problem playing out a match against someone who was drawing with me. Wether it of been someone at the top of the league or the bottom. It would feel like a cheap 3 points.

At the end of the day the game is about wanting to play fifa and have fun.

I guess its a pity I was playing someone like you

Axwell wrote: »
    Result is 3-0 as per the rules when a disconnect happens. It wasnt due to the game freezing for both players, it was a standard disconnect from whats been said on here and if thats the case then the rules are there.
    Those rules are there from seasons ago and the ones we always use, everyone is aware of them!

If you have an issue with a game like this you pm me and moon you dont go ranting and complaining on the fixtures thread or any other one for that matter. I suggest both of you pm us with what happened if you want but if its a disconnect then the game will be rewarded 3-0.

Fair enough "rules are rules". My problem isnt so much with that but down to the sheer lack on sportmanship from gaz. Smacked of someone who just wanted their 3 points in a cheap way.

I would of played the ten minutes the other way around. Thanks for nothing Gaz. Very bad form

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I've a hell of a lot of catching up to do in League 1. Apologies to anyone who has been waiting to play me, I've been extremely busy but I should be online a lot more from now on, please God!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Aye, we have a two leg game to play, on this evening? 7ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Think me and Lamps are the only undeafeated players...:D

My padawan is doing well

I'm undefeated in the Championship!

raheny red wrote: »
    I'm undefeated in the Championship!

cjayses is undefeated in League 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

joe123 wrote: »
    Fair enough "rules are rules". My problem isnt so much with that but down to the sheer lack on sportmanship from gaz. Smacked of someone who just wanted their 3 points in a cheap way.

I would of played the ten minutes the other way around. Thanks for nothing Gaz. Very bad form

I just don't see how following the rules that have been here since the beginning can be seen as a lack of sportsmanship by you. I have lost games when I have disconnected before and never asked for a replay or was offered one for that matter.

You seem to be trying to come across as the victim here Joe but you're not, you had a bit of bad luck that your connection has dropped just deal with it and move on...

When I said I would seek judgement off the two mods when you were unhappy that I didn't want to play there was no need for you to come on here telling people I'm very unsporting and just looking for cheap 3 points and the like.

I just don't appreciate it and between them posts and the childish pm you sent me you just sound like a child who hasn't gotten his way to me!

• Advertisement

gaz15 wrote: »
    I just don't see how following the rules that have been here since the beginning can be seen as a lack of sportsmanship by you. I have lost games when I have disconnected before and never asked for a replay or was offered one for that matter.

You seem to be trying to come across as the victim here Joe but you're not, you had a bit of bad luck that your connection has dropped just deal with it and move on...

When I said I would seek judgement off the two mods when you were unhappy that I didn't want to play there was no need for you to come on here telling people I'm very unsporting and just looking for cheap 3 points and the like.

I just don't appreciate it and between them posts and the childish pm you sent me you just sound like a child who hasn't gotten his way to me!

Well I just feel considering it was so late in the game playing out ten minutes wouldn't of hurt anyone. It's akin to when teams give the ball back to opposing players. It's not in the rules, they don't have to do it but it's a sound gesture.

You barely even replied to me when messaging me. Then you went offline straight away which was very unfriendly.

You know what I think and it's done now anyways.

AthAnRi wrote: »
    cjayses is undefeated in League 3.

That's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Any news about this cup between all the leagues that was mentioned at the start of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I know I was hoping Id get a touch of the ball to pause it so I could send you a message but from about the 15th minute I couldnt move any of my players and you scored from that build up. It was like the 5 second lag that happens in clubs.

I let you have the goal as it was only fair at the end of the day. Didnt mean to put you down in this but I was just annoyed at the game for glitching the way it did when I defended probably the best I have in any game this league. I was just saying I thought youd agree I deserved two wins out of this as in fairness I had you pegged back most of the game and as you said you were resorting to long shots. The 3 midfielders thing your on about is just the default Arsenal. I just defended really well against you and seemed to clean up with Diaby. The only other two games I gave out about in the league was against Axwell and Mark. Against Axwell I was just annoyed I missed the chances I had where as the Mark game id give out about it again and again as I just felt having 8 at the back with the top team and then pumping over the top balls to Ronaldo was cheap.

There have been plenty of games where I was lucky in the league. Against Corcaigh I couldnt even get out of my own half in the 2nd half. Il complain when I feel theres something to complain about. :P

Surely you can understand why I was pissed off with that second match against you. Concede a goal when I cant control my players and then manage to go 2-0 up only to let in an equaliser in the last kick of the game from a long range shot from badstuber of all people!

Anyways yeah hopefully the patch will sort some of the disconnection craic out.

Sorry for lateness of reply, I was at Anfield yesterday for the great win :D

You derserved the win in the 1st game, your long balls over the top and through balls down the wing caused trouble for me and one paid off to I think to Arshavin and a screamer from Diaby

Felt personally a draw was a fair result in the 2nd game as we cancelled each other out. You admitted yourself over Live that your 1st goal was lucky too as my defender didn't jump for a header and the rebound fell to your player. I was on about only having long shots in the 1st game.

I would have felt unlucky if you had won the 2nd game, defended very well throughout and gave you very few chances too. I have been practising long shots and yes Badstuber is a beast at them!!!!!

It's a bit unfair though to complain about 8 at the back and long balls over the top, you yourself in the old days used customs and just because you use "default" now doesn't mean you should give out about them when before you defended the use of them. I've come to realise if that's their choice then so be it.
    (btw Mark used default Real against me but was all out defence I'm nearly sure as he had only 2 attackers in the box for corners)

It does make people harder to break down. You tried a good few long balls in our games too!! But as the bible says "let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone" :)

We all need to realise that this league is meant to be fun but if someone wants to stick to the rules then so be it, would you rather have people in the league glitching games, last man tackles, being abusive over live, acting the maggot etc or playing the rules that are there. What Gaz did can be seen as unsportsmanlike but if it's in the rules what can you do about it.

Again it's my opinion but you seem to be getting very worked up at times over the league, It shouldn't mean that much for the manner it's supposed to be played in so relax. We don't care whose in what division or who we play once there is a league with games for us to play.

The World Cup was different where there was a prize at the end of the day. My most enjoyable games were against my fellow Tipp man Looder as it was hell for leather, Robanson as he never gave up when 4-1 down and Hokem as we were talking and laughing over Live during it.

Anyway more important matters, when am I due to play Bud again for another guaranteed 3 points................... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Any news about this cup between all the leagues that was mentioned at the start of the season?

Rumour has it some of the key ties are:

Yapa v Lamps

Storybud v Seanog

Moon v Axwell

Mark v Motionless Monkey

Hokem v Flying Irishman

Parawind v Corcaigh

Kirk v Gaz ;)

myself I have a bye to the final due to paying off the organisers of this competition so thanks to Moon and Axwell for their "help" :D

Disclaimer: The draw has not officially been made yet so don't eat me people!!!!

raheny red wrote: »
    That's nice.

Man its on like donkey kong. Your going down in 3-12 seasons time.

This is like the time Don Revie snubbed Brian Clough in the cup. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Rumour has it some of the key ties are:

Yapa v Lamps

Storybud v Seanog

Moon v Axwell

Mark v Motionless Monkey

Hokem v Flying Irishman

Parawind v Corcaigh

Kirk v Gaz ;)

myself I have a bye to the final due to paying off the organisers of this competition so thanks to Moon and Axwell for their "help" :D

Disclaimer: The draw has not officially been made yet so don't eat me people!!!!

I'd love to take Yapa to school! His brother was just a starter dish for me in the World Cup final. I devoured him.

Sorry for lateness of reply, I was at Anfield yesterday for the great win :D

You derserved the win in the 1st game, your long balls over the top and through balls down the wing caused trouble for me and one paid off to I think to Arshavin and a screamer from Diaby

Felt personally a draw was a fair result in the 2nd game as we cancelled each other out. You admitted yourself over Live that your 1st goal was lucky too as my defender didn't jump for a header and the rebound fell to your player. I was on about only having long shots in the 1st game.

I would have felt unlucky if you had won the 2nd game, defended very well throughout and gave you very few chances too. I have been practising long shots and yes Badstuber is a beast at them!!!!!

It's a bit unfair though to complain about 8 at the back and long balls over the top, you yourself in the old days used customs and just because you use "default" now doesn't mean you should give out about them when before you defended the use of them. I've come to realise if that's their choice then so be it.
    (btw Mark used default Real against me but was all out defence I'm nearly sure as he had only 2 attackers in the box for corners)

It does make people harder to break down. You tried a good few long balls in our games too!! But as the bible says "let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone" :)

We all need to realise that this league is meant to be fun but if someone wants to stick to the rules then so be it, would you rather have people in the league glitching games, last man tackles, being abusive over live, acting the maggot etc or playing the rules that are there. What Gaz did can be seen as unsportsmanlike but if it's in the rules what can you do about it.

Again it's my opinion but you seem to be getting very worked up at times over the league, It shouldn't mean that much for the manner it's supposed to be played in so relax. We don't care whose in what division or who we play once there is a league with games for us to play.

The World Cup was different where there was a prize at the end of the day. My most enjoyable games were against my fellow Tipp man Looder as it was hell for leather, Robanson as he never gave up when 4-1 down and Hokem as we were talking and laughing over Live during it.

Anyway more important matters, when am I due to play Bud again for another guaranteed 3 points................... :)

I can see where your coming from. And its not that I get overly worked over it. The gaz thing pissed me off as do custom tactics (yeah I know back in the day I used them :o).

Just dont like loosing as much as the next man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

VVV BoYLeR (x PyRo) - Lyon
    endakenny (bonkers) - Manchester City (from last week )

GrandeCapaChino (Paco Rodriguez) - Zenith St Petersburg
    donegaldoc (donegal11) - AC Milan ( this week)
    No of you lads on ? I'll be back on tomorrow hopefully if I'm not too stuck into black ops :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I can see where your coming from. And its not that I get overly worked over it. The gaz thing pissed me off as do custom tactics (yeah I know back in the day I used them :o).

Just dont like loosing as much as the next man!

Most of the things you complain about that annoy you though you have done yourself at one time or another to be honest Joe and you have the blinkers on and only see things from your point of view when they happen to you. As you say yourself no one likes to lose but also the league is supposed to be a bit of fun. Theres little or no moaning/ranting from anyone else all season and the things you complained about so far are things you are guilty of yourself previously.

You moaned on here about playing me where you should have scored a sitter and won the game, you failed to comment that I missed a sitter at the other end where Balloteli just had to nod it in and missed, its easy to only remember the ones you missed yourself in a league game and feel hard done by after the 90 minutes. You complained about Marks formation and booting the ball up to Ronaldo, you used to do the exact same thing in your custom formation with Fiorentina to Mutu in previous seasons, just because you dont now is irrelevant when its something you did regularly before and had no problems with it. You complain about the the lack of sportsmanship of Gaz when he was entitled to take the win, you got disconnected, its in the rules and always has been. In our World cup game you ran to the corner to waste 10 minutes on the clock at the end and do whatever it took to get the win the game (a phrase you used to accuse Gaz of doing the same thing),when you knew what you were doing wasnt sporting and was bad form.

Not to continue the other rant as the case is closed on that one but I think your complaints are a bit one sided and you need to start looking at things without the blinkers on sometimes. As you rightly said no one likes to lose and its easy to come out of a game feeling hard done by when you lose but its easy to only remember the things from one teams point of view aswell.

• Advertisement

Friend requests pending to my next victims. Please hurry up and accept so I can extend my unbeaten run, ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Hey, I'll be online tonight for my games was away for a bit but will catch up on all of them. message me on XBL or PM me here and we'll set up a game

Axwell wrote: »
    Most of the things you complain about that annoy you though you have done yourself at one time or another to be honest Joe and you have the blinkers on and only see things from your point of view when they happen to you. As you say yourself no one likes to lose but also the league is supposed to be a bit of fun. Theres little or no moaning/ranting from anyone else all season and the things you complained about so far are things you are guilty of yourself previously.

You moaned on here about playing me where you should have scored a sitter and won the game, you failed to comment that I missed a sitter at the other end where Balloteli just had to nod it in and missed, its easy to only remember the ones you missed yourself in a league game and feel hard done by after the 90 minutes. You complained about Marks formation and booting the ball up to Ronaldo, you used to do the exact same thing in your custom formation with Fiorentina to Mutu in previous seasons, just because you dont now is irrelevant when its something you did regularly before and had no problems with it. You complain about the the lack of sportsmanship of Gaz when he was entitled to take the win, you got disconnected, its in the rules and always has been. In our World cup game you ran to the corner to waste 10 minutes on the clock at the end and do whatever it took to get the win the game (a phrase you used to accuse Gaz of doing the same thing),when you knew what you were doing wasnt sporting and was bad form.

Not to continue the other rant as the case is closed on that one but I think your complaints are a bit one sided and you need to start looking at things without the blinkers on sometimes. As you rightly said no one likes to lose and its easy to come out of a game feeling hard done by when you lose but its easy to only remember the things from one teams point of view aswell.

Points taken. But just to mention the world cup game between myself and yourself, I was south Korea, you were england and you had me under mad pressure at the end. I ran the ball to YOUR corner flag a tactic thats used all the time and is perfectable stoppable.

Fair enough on complaining about my missed chances in other games. But what annoyed me so much about Gaz was his sheer lack of unfriendliness.

But yep I see your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Points taken. But just to mention the world cup game between myself and yourself, I was south Korea, you were england and you had me under mad pressure at the end. I ran the ball to YOUR corner flag a tactic thats used all the time and is perfectable stoppable.

Fair enough on complaining about my missed chances in other games. But what annoyed me so much about Gaz was his sheer lack of unfriendliness.

But yep I see your points.

You're still trying to paint me as unfriendly and unsporting and I didn't reply to any of your messages. I did reply to the relevant messages.

you sent me 6 messages....

The first one saying replay it cos it was 1-1... which I replied to saying I was entitled to the win cos your connection dropped.

second one: all you said was 'ah man come on'

third one: I gave cashel a goal yesterday and I wasn't controlling my players.

no need to write back to them I don't think!

fourth one: come on mate was 1-1 please if I was losing fair enough.

fifth one: how about we play ten minutes even....

which I replied to saying I wasn't willing to play and if you're unhappy with that I will ask moon or axwell and see what they say.

sixth and final message from you: I know they'll stick to the rules surely we can play ten mins?

I was already offline at this stage as I thought I was very clear in previous message about what I was gonna do.

the only way you were ever gonna see me as sporting and friendly is if I had bowed to you and replayed the game. Since then you've been trying to portray me in a bad way every chance you've got when the only thing I've done wrong is follow the rules that have been here since day 1.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

She-ite. Relegation.:pac:

gaz15 wrote: »
    You're still trying to paint me as unfriendly and unsporting and I didn't reply to any of your messages. I did reply to the relevant messages.

you sent me 6 messages....

The first one saying replay it cos it was 1-1... which I replied to saying I was entitled to the win cos your connection dropped.

second one: all you said was 'ah man come on'

third one: I gave cashel a goal yesterday and I wasn't controlling my players.

no need to write back to them I don't think!

fourth one: come on mate was 1-1 please if I was losing fair enough.

fifth one: how about we play ten minutes even....

which I replied to saying I wasn't willing to play and if you're unhappy with that I will ask moon or axwell and see what they say.

sixth and final message from you: I know they'll stick to the rules surely we can play ten mins?

I was already offline at this stage as I thought I was very clear in previous message about what I was gonna do.

the only way you were ever gonna see me as sporting and friendly is if I had bowed to you and replayed the game. Since then you've been trying to portray me in a bad way every chance you've got when the only thing I've done wrong is follow the rules that have been here since day 1.

Rant over.

You sent me two replies. One saying..."no the rules say I get the win" and second one was "I dont want to play the ten minutes".

You went offline straight away after you replied leaving me to wonder were you replaying or not, and you didnt reply for a good time after. And one of the replies was when you were down as offline as I was talking to storybud at the time and I didnt know if you were replaying or not. Im just saying I would of played out the ten minutes if it was the other way around no problem and if it happens in any other game Il do the same.

You have your thoughts on it and Ive mine. Anyways good luck with the rest of the league.

Still unbeaten and a peach to boot :cool:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/47810915

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

storybud has lost his 25 game winning streak against fellow top glitchers and exploiters of fifa 11. rumour has it he had an itch. further rumours of that itch being a STI are probably false....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Mod Edit - Lamps stop posting that twitter account - I deleted the last one already so quit reposting it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

League 2 announcement

Inter Milan - mickeylow
    Real Madrid - starviewadams/ctmc87
    Man Utd - masterken/darragh Kenny

All of the above have been kicked from the league and will take no further part in our leagues.

All games will go down as a 3-0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement