Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting to take out cat to France.. pet passports?

Options
  • 15-10-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hi,

we are thinking of going to France for a few years and obviously we want to take our cat, I have read forums, looked at websites and I cannot understand the requirements for taking him (the cat) to France with us, I see references to Pet Passports, Rabies shots, etc...

how long before we go do we have to get the passport sorted out, microchipped and vaccinated?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

If you want to bring the cat back it requires the rabies - this needs to be started 6 months before you travel - however if you are stay a few years you can do this once in France 6 months before you come home.

Animals need to be fully vaccinated & microchipped & have a health cert from a vet that states the animal was wormed & treated for fleas & ticks just 2 days before you travel.

Talk to a vet & tell them how long you are going for & ask for info on the full & partial pet passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

• Registered Users Posts: 30 drongal

Hi

It might take around 4 months from first rabbies shot. After this shot, between 21st and 25th day you need to do blood test. It was nearly 3 months after blood test when i received results. Once you have passport filled with blood test results, you can go.

Advertisement