Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking at Night

Options
  • 15-10-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

So as it is getting dark & someone had already asked on another thread, this is my night walking collar for the pup. The bike lights clip onto the collar & are secured with a zip tie. They are really bright, have survived several dips in the sea & the batteries last well. My other two have similar collars but with just one light. Fun way to scare the tourists.

09092010259.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

They look great :D

What sort of weight are they? I have 2 Jacks under 6kg so need something lightweight for them. This looks like it would work for my Springer though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Very light. They are standard bicycle lights & take 2 AAA batteries. These are branded as Smart but my others are identical but unbranded. One would be OK on a JR. The handy thing is that you can set them to flash differently so that you know which dog is which.

The white ones are very bright. I put one on the pup because he is new & not that tall. It's really funny when he charges into the undergrowth & the whole bush lights up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Lovely, sounds great, I'll def look into them, I hate loosing them in the dark. My little one disappeared for 15 minutes last winter frightened the life out of me :(

If you put a white one on him he will be visible for a least half a mile !.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I love that idea, my daughter has the LED lights on her bike, they clip on and could do the job(she'll forgive me for nicking them for the dogs, she doesn't go out in the dark), may try them.
    Most places I walk at night have street lights but there are a couple of places where there's none and I have tripped over a dog, the little one now walks well in front so as to avoid me stepping on her.
    My two are light coloured so are easy to see with a little light, but we did stick reflector strips on the little ones coat last winter, they fell off when it rained.

• Advertisement

I also carry one of these:

http://www.zweibrueder.com/ENG/produkte/html_highperformance/html_Pserie/p14.php?id=p14

It is an amazing torch. Fits in the pocket & has two light settings. One is 10% power & perfect for lighting a path. The second is like a car headlight !. Both can be focussed from a floodlight to a spot. It uses ordinary AA batteries & they last for ages.

Btw ladies if he walks the dog at night he would love one of these for Xmas !.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

I have two terrier type dogs and use kids florescent armbands - they have LEDs that can be set to flash or constant

http://www.intackshop.co.uk/images/LED%20Armband.jpg

I tried a similar design but in a dog collar. It was wrecked after the first trip into the sea :D

Advertisement