Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

4 minutes, I'd expect Utd to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

BBC wrote:
    1647: Four minutes of injury time at Old Trafford... not sure where that's come from...
    Man Utd aren't winning, silly man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Poor Side?!!

West Brom have been fantastic this year and if we can keep playing like this, Di Matteo will be a safe bet for manager of the year.
    Chelsea 6-0 West brom,

Thats the type of side (Chelsea) United are meant to be contending with for the title, I have to admit now that United aren't anywhere enar competeing for the title though.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

dfx- wrote: »
    Such a poor side?:confused:

Why are you confused? Are West Brom not a poor side then? Are they not a team that we should be beating at home, sorry hammering at home. Have a look at any of the earlier posts on this thread and the main thread where predictions were for 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 etc.

Crap result if it stays like this but not season over by any means.

Nail biting stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

4 mins for utd to hold on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nani :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Chelsea are going to steam roller the Prem this year.

All over. Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GET IN. :)

nullzero wrote: »
    Chelsea 6-0 West brom,

Thats the type of side (Chelsea) United are meant to be contending with for the title, I have to admit now that United aren't anywhere enar competeing for the title though.
    Breaking news:
    Man Utd aren't in Chelsea's class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Absolute disgrace.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You're a funny guy,
    United were cruising and gave away two stupid goals, West Brom weren't in the game until we opened the door for them.
    Chelsea 6-0 West brom,

Top sides don't open the door for "lesser" teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Deplorable result. Pure and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Bollix. Is it time to start panicking??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Breaking news:

Only thing is we beat them this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Well done West Brom. Great team performance and really played well as a unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Shambolic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Fair play to West Brom. After getting demolished by Chelsea on the opening day of the season they've really sorted themselves out, out playing Liverpool in Anfield, beating Arsenal in the Emirates and now drawing with Utd in Old Trafford. I hope they stay up, they try and play a nice style of football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Break out the check book fergie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

what was the final score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Bad result. Will only know how bad in a couple of hours.

Come on Villa.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

thats a disgraceful performance .we should have been comfortable after about 30mins but we were very wasteful.let WBA back into it and then we fell to pieces.the defensive problems are really killing us so far this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

SAF is gonna have a canary if it finishes like this.

canyel8.jpg

titan18 wrote: »
    Did you get a run?

Save us BEBE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

deisedevil wrote: »
    Why are you confused? Are West Brom not a poor side then? Are they not a team that we should be beating at home, sorry hammering at home. Have a look at any of the earlier posts on this thread and the main thread where predictions were for 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 etc.

Crap result if it stays like this but not season over by any means.
    I said 1 nil squeaky bum win for utd.

I was too optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

True, but we lost all our pre-season games, I'm not complaining the way its worked out.

Deplorable the way there was 4 mins of injury time there, there should be an inquest.

If only Chelsea didn't lose that one game we would be sitting happy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

He's got no (real) money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Blerg.

I don't know how else to phrase this, but champions win games like that. This team are no champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

83 million loss you lot can forget about the chequebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Disapointing result , great first half for united terrible second half . Good idea from WBA with the there first goal but a lucky touch of Evra sending
    It in , second goal shocking mistake by VDS . Rooney did nothing productive I can think of ? Nani was our best player today .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

blame the Americans it works for us;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Breaking news:
    No one is. Man City may be if they keep up the huge spending and get a decent manager. The lack of investment in the United squad is really beginning to show through now but that's what happens when paying the interest on the debt comes first. That said i still expect United to finish second this season.

Bring back 'The One'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

In the community shield?

Aww....bless ya...you though that was competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Bad result. Will only know how bad in a couple of hours.

Come on Villa.

I'd suggest we should probably be up for Chelsea in this one. By the looks of things we may be competing with them more then Chelsea this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

True, but we lost all our pre-season games, I'm not complaining the way its worked out.

Deplorable the way there was 4 mins of injury time there, there should be an inquest.

What's wrong with the injury time?

There was a good bit of time wasted when the free kick for the backpass was given, that, and what was it, 4-5 subs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Beyond a joke how many times united are letting good leads go to waste . At least it's interesting this year but this is sad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I had a lot of trouble with streams today so my views on the match might well not be that accurate.
    Seemed to me that West Brom's goals came a bit against the run of play and with some terrible mistakes at the back from United. But after that when I was expecting to see us squeeze the game a bit and put on some pressure looking for the win it just didn't happen. Very disappointing performance and another bad result. I knew WBA wouldn't be easy but I really thought we would be able to get all three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Did you get a run?

Do you want to go through the whole soccer forum and quote everyone who says "we" and ask them that.

Ya,I know ye were pretty poor during preseason and United are pretty poor now, but it happens like that.For anyone to say both of our teams are not at the same level is pretty stupid after 2 months imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Dreadful result. Dreadful second half performance. United have ****ed away enough points already this season to start thinking they won't contend for the title. Plus Chelsea have been immense so far.

Maybe it's my usual knee jerk reaction after a poor result but his time I fear I'll re read this post in a few hours and have the same opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LOL United is all I have to offer. You'd see better defending in the Astro League of a Tuesday night in Crumlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Giggs coming off was the start of it, imo.
    He was our second best player in the first half, imo, behind Nani. He was always looking for the ball and kept good control of it when he had it.

The overreactions in this thread are quite funny. Yes, we've had a bad start to the season, but United rarely hit the ground running before November. United will be in contention come May, no doubt about it.

My MotM:
    1. Nani
    2. Berba
    3. Giggs(would be higher, but only played 1st half)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

flahavaj wrote: »
    LOL United is all I have to offer. You'd see better defending in the Astro League of a Tuesday night in Crumlin.

There's a Astro league in crumlin on Tuesday. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    What's wrong with the injury time?

There was a good bit of time wasted when the free kick for the backpass was given, that, and what was it, 4-5 subs?

Sure don't ya know it's deplorable if there's even a minute of extra-time when United aren't winning a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Pro. F wrote: »
    I had a lot of trouble with streams today so my views on the match might well not be that accurate.
    Seemed to me that West Brom's goals came a bit against the run of play and with some terrible mistakes at the back from United. But after that when I was expecting to see us squeeze the game a bit and put on some pressure looking for the win it just didn't happen. Very disappointing performance and another bad result. I knew WBA wouldn't be easy but I really thought we would be able to get all three points.

Did both United goals not come from dodgy mistakes as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

First things first well done West Brom. Fantastic result for them.

As for United they have to sort their defense out. Letting a 2 0 lead slip away at home is unacceptable if you have any kind of title aspirations. Not the first time United have thrown 3 points away by conceding silly goals. I'd be happy with 2nd and a good showing in the CL this season at this rate.

The lack of investment in midfield is really showing at this stage.

On the plus side Chico looks a good player. Very happy with him.

All in all its early in the season and United will find form eventually but they've dropped too many points already to challenge Chelsea for the league. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Shocking stuff second half,2 goal lead disappeared again,maybe we should get 10 men behind the ball after getting the first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement