Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Oh, and Fergie's decision to bring on Gibson for Giggs was ****ing stupid. Anderson and Carrick playing great in the middle, Rooney shoulda been brought on from that moment, if only for shape.

My best hope now is that Chelsea start really suffering for form, and the league is won on something like 80 points. Because us getting to 85-90 points that it's been for the past few years, going to be ****ing difficult. We've played 8 games now, got 14 points. We've got 30 games left. In order to get to the magical 90 which will win the league, we've got to get 76 points out of the next 30 games, which would be ****ing unbelievable form. There is zero sign of that happening.
    I'm at the point where I'm hoping that Hargreaves can make a comeback, Anderson can continue to show good form, and we can take a serious run at the CL, but that only works if we start defending properly again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Mister men wrote: »
    No one is. Man City may be if they keep up the huge spending and get a decent manager. The lack of investment in the United squad is really beginning to show through now but that's what happens when paying the interest on the debt comes first. That said i still expect United to finish second this season.
    I got savaged before the start of the season for a genuine assessment of Man Utd's team.
    Turns out that I was spot on in nearly everything I said.

(The thread was deleted for trolling for some reason)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Break out the check book fergie.

but that squad is good enough to beat these team we've been dropping points against. I was delighted with the first half, missed chances sure, but it didn't seem like it would come back to bite us.

There was enough time between VDS's howler and the final whistle to get a goal and enough quality to orchestrate it. I don't get how a team can play like United did for the first 30 minutes and seemingly become unable to replicate it, I don't see a cheque book sorting that out, I don't know what's going to, a good b0llocking from the manager and time I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

OMG SEASON OVER!

To be fair we aren't going to be champions if we keep this trend of letting leads slip :/

Back to the boring 1-0's please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

There's a Astro league in crumlin on Tuesday. ?

The Iveagh Grounds I think its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lukker- wrote: »
    Did both United goals not come from dodgy mistakes as well?

So what if they did? I was concerning myself with United's performance not West Brom's.

Things will be better when Rio is back in defence.
    Oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

baz2009 wrote: »
    Sure don't ya know it's deplorable if there's even a minute of extra-time when United aren't winning a game.
    I forgot United aren't allowed to have Extra time apparently :rolleyes:

Anywho

Mitch said he wouldn't be here, so I thought I'd throw out the Motm Link In case anyone missed it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Essien wrote: »
    In the community shield?

Aww....bless ya...you though that was competitive?

Whilst it technically doesn't mean much,of course it is,if you were Ancelotti would you not want to go into that game and beat your nearest competitors for the season ahead and the team who were close to ye the year before.It's a bit of a blow to lose the game no matter how competitive the fans see it.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I forgot United aren't allowed to have Extra time apparently :rolleyes:

Anywho

Mitch said he wouldn't be here, so I thought I'd throw out the Motm Link In case anyone missed it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0
    You seem to be missing a few players from your list.
    Tchoyi, who will get MOTM, for a start.

• Advertisement

smokedeels wrote: »
    but that squad is good enough to beat these team we've been dropping points against. I was delighted with the first half, missed chances sure, but it didn't seem like it would come back to bite us.

There was enough time between VDS's howler and the final whistle to get a goal and enough quality to orchestrate it. I don't get how a team can play like United did for the first 30 minutes and seemingly become unable to replicate it, I don't see a cheque book sorting that out, I don't know what's going to, a good b0llocking from the manager and time I guess.

The game changed because West Brom grew in confidence in the last half an hour and United weren't able to dominate the ball when they needed to. That's down to a lack of quality in midfield.
    Then there's the problems with the defence. That worries me less because if Ferdinand can stay fit (fingers crossed) then I would think it will come good again soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

titan18 wrote: »
    Whilst it technically doesn't mean much,of course it is,if you were Ancelotti would you not want to go into that game and beat your nearest competitors for the season ahead and the team who were close to ye the year before.It's a bit of a blow to lose the game no matter how competitive the fans see it.

Mustn't be much of a blow if the first 2 months of this season are anything to go by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Rooney played like he couldn't care less and felt put out by being on the bench. Instead of being angry and proving a point, he seemed petulant and petty at even being brought on.

No reaction at all when his shot was cleared off the line, barely broke into a sprint and didn't close down - which is unforgiveable for somebody with fresh legs. The quickest he moved was at the final whistle straight down the tunnel.

Things will be better when Rio is back in defence.
    Oh.
    What team do you support recyclingbin?

Pro. F wrote: »
    What team do you support recyclingbin?
    Sligo rovers.
    You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

You seem to be missing a few players from your list.
    Tchoyi, who will get MOTM, for a start.

Tchoyi was terrible.:confused:

Nani got MotM, btw.
    Thought Chris Brunt was the only one in with a shout from WBA if I'm honest, good team performance rather than individual performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Mister men wrote: »
    Rooney played like he couldn't care less and felt put out by being on the bench. Instead of being angry and proving a point, he seemed petulant and petty at even being brought on.

No reaction at all when his shot was cleared off the line, barely broke into a sprint and didn't close down - which is unforgiveable for somebody with fresh legs. The quickest he moved was at the final whistle straight down the tunnel.

I don't think he'll be around next season.
    he's been a grade A moron in his private life and an even bigger one for contradicting his club who were doing their best to shield him from criticism.
    Unless he produces the goods I'd expect us to cash in on him for something approaching Ronaldo money, he's been a disgrace this season and I'm really sick to be saying that.

Glazers Out!

Sligo rovers.
    You?
    Manchester United hence the sig.
    I just asked so I can troll you whenever your team gets a bad result.

nullzero wrote: »
    he's been a grade A moron in his private life and an even bigger one for contradicting his club who were doing their best to shield him from criticism.
    Unless he produces the goods I'd expect us to cash in on him for something approaching Ronaldo money, he's been a disgrace this season and I'm really sick to be saying that.
    How the fúck do you think he'll cost something approaching Ronaldo money without producing the goods?

Ronaldo cost that much because he scored 40 goals the season before.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »

So 2 months of not performing well when he's probably in the worst state of mind of his whole life? Fúckin burn him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are there any video highlights of the game online?

You wouldn't be able, he supports a team of nobodys who nobody knows.

People are way the fúck overreacting about Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

How the fúck do you think he'll cost something approaching Ronaldo money without producing the goods?

Ronaldo cost that much because he scored 40 goals the season before.

He only scored 19 PL goals the season before he was sold?

Can't see sigs.
    You should get ample opportunity.

• Advertisement

You wouldn't be able, he supports a team of nobodys who nobody knows.
    All aboard the daytripping bandwagon.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He only scored 19 PL goals the season before he was sold?
    he was sold after a season with 26 goals, not 16.

Hence the season before that he had got 40.

Rooney would not command that figure from anyone.

And I can't even see why anyone would want him to go, pure and utter shíte being spewed tbh.

So 2 months of not performing well when he's probably in the worst state of mind of his whole life? Fúckin burn him!
    While I didn't agree with his post, it's been considerably longer than 2 months that he's been underperforming.

While I didn't agree with his post, it's been considerably longer than 2 months that he's been underperforming.

Not counting the WC as that's England and I honestly couldn't give two fúcks what United players are like on international duty except the Irish ones, obvoiusly enough, he was coming back from injury in March so he does have some bit of an excuse for ending the season badly. Just needs to get his head right and he'll be back firing on all cylinders.

Calling for him to be sold is just laughable, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

People are way the fúck overreacting about Rooney.

Nope, I'd say United.

They always start poorly. It's a draw against a team that could surprise everybody this season.

United always start the season badly. Should be no surprise at this stage.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Up until he contradicted Fergie I wasn't at all worried about him. I was confident he'd get his head right but halting his contract talks and essentially biting the hand that feeds doesn't bode well, Fergie's not known for taking sh1t from his players, especially one's he's going out of his way to protect.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sweet. Fúcking. Jesus.

Do we have self - destruct on speed dial or something?

We're just under a quarter of the way through the season, we need to be kicking on against teams like WBA. What are they at?!

AAAGGGHHHH!!!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

mars bar wrote: »
    Do we have self - destruct on speed dial or something?

Given this season's displays, we don't even need a phone, we're on a fúcking telepathy basis with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

K-9 wrote: »
    Nope, I'd say United.

They always start poorly. It's a draw against a team that could surprise everybody this season.

United always start the season badly. Should be no surprise at this stage.

Chelsea didnt find them too surprising at Stamford Bridge hammering them 6-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Warper wrote: »

WE KNOW!

Now get out of here with your trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Lad, dont read too m much into the contract thing, the lawyers would be behind that. Rooney is hardly doing the negotiations himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well done the Baggies, fully deserved. I've said it before on here, if more teams had a go against Utd instead of taking the field already beaten they'd get something from the game. They can be very average at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Dead right, exactly how I feel about it.

Season is far from over and we have had very dodgy starts before but one way or the other todays performance was dire. I don't care how West Brom have been playing so far this season or where they are in the table, we should be beating them at OT one way or the other at any stage of the season.

Does anyone know where you can check Prem table at this stage for previosu seasons. I know I seen it somewhere before but haven't a clue where.

Means nothing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Are you that much of a troll that you'll post in uniteds match threads and not chelseas?

That's just sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Are you that much of a troll that you'll post in uniteds match threads and not chelseas?

That's just sad.

He has a point :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

SantryRed wrote: »
    He has a point :confused:

He doesn't really..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ah he does.

I see villa surprised chelsea a draw

Newcastle didn't find them too surprising at Villa Park hammering them 6-0.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ah he does.

West Brom are a much better team than then though, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Newcastle are gonna win the league so, based on extensive analysis of these results.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

K-9 wrote: »
    West Brom are a much better team than then though, obviously.

Not really.

Chelsea just didn't let them back into it at 2-0. They put their foot down and annihilated them.

I see you are still making up facts to suit yourself and to think that post got 2 thanks. That was Newcastles first home game at St James Park. Big difference Villa at home with a permanent manager.

Listen if you are happy enough with a 2-2 draw against a newly promoted side at home after being 2 goals up fair enough. I would have thought some honest fans would have thought that wasnt good enough for Man Utd and im sure a lot of fans think that after todays performance.

Anyways Utd fans Im off. As always it was a pleasure.

• Advertisement

I see you are still making up facts to suit yourself and to think that post got 2 thanks. That was Newcastles first home game at St James Park. Big difference Villa at home with a permanent manager.

Listen if you are happy enough with a 2-2 draw against a newly promoted side at home after being 2 goals up fair enough. I would have thought some honest fans would have thought that wasnt good enough for Man Utd and im sure a lot of fans think that after todays performance.
    Sorry I was wrong I thought it was at Villa park, my bad, but on that note, when Chelsea beat Brom wasn't it also Chelsea's first match at home? And didn't Di Matteo manager get Manager of the Month the month after??

It's fairly obvious both teams have improved, so their shouldn't really be too much surprise with either result tbh.

I admit it was a bad performance, and that we should have won it, that wasn't my point, I didn't even disagree with your point did I?

I just asked, are you such a troll that you post in Uniteds match thread, and not Chelseas.

You actually declined to answer the only question I asked.

Advertisement