Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire HD Pricing Meteor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Emobile will have the desire z in today. Hd will be in next Friday apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Emobile will have the desire z in today. Hd will be in next Friday apparently

Oooh. Pricing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

JustinOval wrote: »
    Oooh. Pricing?

Second that- any store in particular? Anyone know if Meteor have them too? Looking to pick one up :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Le King wrote: »
    Not available until next week now. All this rubbish is going to make me just not bother with it!

I registered my interest in this phone in the meteor store on Wednesday night.
    I'm currently on o2. got a call this morning saying they have a phone in for me.. he said the phone is unbranded, so may pop up to get it in the morning!
    its 180 on the €50 per month with 400mins & texts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

That was nice of them. People I spoke to wouldn't reserve any phones. Even moving to the highest package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

kc66 wrote: »
    That was nice of them. People I spoke to wouldn't reserve any phones. Even moving to the highest package.
    Are they deffo in today?been in twice to a local meteor store and they said theyd call me
    ''if they got any in''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gonna pop into a meteor store later on, if they can give me one I'll sign up to Bill Pay for it...if not, so be it. I really have no justification for getting it other than "I want it, I want it, I want it" so them not having it readily available to hand to me is probably a good thing, to be honest.

Lenny wrote: »
    I'm currently on o2. got a call this morning saying they have a phone in for me.. he said the phone is unbranded, so may pop up to get it in the morning!

That sounds pricey. Great to see they are finally filtering through. What shop did you get yours in...

...just to confirm, it is the Desire HD you are talking about?

Lenny wrote: »

Any idea how much it is on the €85 package? What store was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭icrusader

hi , this might be slightly off topic but i am also going to buy a desire hd but i am wondering about meteor 3g coverage, do meteor use vodafone masts as well as their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Just rang my local store and they have said there is 1 coming in tommorow which I can have if I sign up today (gave her details to reserve) . Thought she said 159 on the €35 a month which sounds a bit cheap .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Just rang my local and they have it toady at €189 on the €50 p/m deal. Should be picking it up round 3 woo hoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mscull wrote: »
    Just rang my local store and they have said there is 1 coming in tommorow which I can have if I sign up today (gave her details to reserve) . Thought she said 159 on the €35 a month which sounds a bit cheap .

I rang another store in Limerick and they've advised it's €259 with the €35 a month plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was in a Meteor store in Galway last week and one of the sales assistants said the Desire HD was going to be roughly €250 for the €30/€35 per month plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dubsrule87

Yeah, I just bought a Desire the other day for €150 on €35 p.m contract, so I'd be amazed if they were selling the HD for €159 on the same contract

• Advertisement

A lot of conflicting information here . Anyway I had a call 5 mins ago to tell me the phone had arrived in early and was there for collection , but that they had made a mistake with the pricing and its not €159 , its €179 and was this OK ? I asked her was this on the €35 a month and she said yes.
    I'll be collecting it before 6 so I'll know for defo then

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

dubsrule87 wrote: »
    Yeah, I just bought a Desire the other day for €150 on €35 p.m contract, so I'd be amazed if they were selling the HD for €159 on the same contract

how did you manage that, do you have a copy of the receipt to prove? :)

A lot of conflicting information here . Anyway I had a call 5 mins ago to tell me the phone had arrived in early and was there for collection , but that they had made a mistake with the pricing and its not €159 , its €179 and was this OK ? I asked her was this on the €35 a month and she said yes.
    I'll be collecting it before 6 so I'll know for defo then

For the HD? That doesn't sound right, but don't argue with them, take it. :D

I think it was for the standard one, cause when i was in on wednesday, they had the standard one in stock
    the hd is 180 on 50PM
    or 229 on 35PM

I was expecting to be paying €229.
    I think they either have a normal Desire , or they've made a mistake and maybe I should call down quick before they cop on . She has called me twice today about this , once to confirm it was in store and the second time to apologise for getting the price wrong (179 not 159) and both times I double checked she had the correct info .

• Advertisement

I think they either have a normal Desire , or they've made a mistake and maybe I should call down quick before they cop on . She has called me twice today about this , once to confirm it was in store and the second time to apologise for getting the price wrong (179 not 159) and both times I double checked she had the correct info .

Run, go.

Whats meteors 3g network like for web browsing?
    I'm with o2(gonna change today) and i think in gernal its good

They told me it was €180 on the €85 package.
    Anyone care to mention where has them in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Picked up mine at 3 today got it for 180 on their 50 p/m and got 50 bucks for my old phone. I love this phone :D

I got it today also.
    got it for 129 on the 50PM plan, havent turned it on yet :)

So, having rang Meteor in Dundrum today to ask if they would have it in - they said they would keep it and ring me when it arrived.

Was there at 6.30 tonight and they said they had got one in but one of the ldas working there had decided to buy it. Walked off very annoyed.

The guy who bought it then rang me 20mins later and left a message (I was in the cinema) and said "We didn't get any deliveries of it today but if you call back we'll put your name down on a reserve list". DAMN YOUR LIES!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Anyone on Meteor with the DHD having trouble updating news feeds when there on 3G?

BobPresto wrote: »
    Anyone on Meteor with the DHD having trouble updating news feeds when there on 3G?

what sort of problem you having?
    Just tried mine there.. I was on the 3g network, opened the news.. it went on the dspha network, app opened & then closed. tried a few more times doesn't seem to stay open. is that your problem too?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

It was doing that the other day but now it opens but doesn't update.

I've downloaded 2 other RSS apps and they don't update either, unless I'm on WiFi.

BobPresto wrote: »

There are a few issues with Meteor and blocked ports/apps, Dropbox and Photobucket don't work either, Meteor aren't interested in the slightest.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delayed update. Got to my local store at 5.30 on Fri and the girl mentioned that she had given me the wrong price but as they had given me the price of 179 (on 35pm) they would honor it :D I couldnt believe it . I wouldnt have minded paying the 229 but hey ! She also told me the lads in the store went mad that she had reserved it for me as it was the only one they got and she reckoned they might not get another before Christmas..
    Anyway , love the phone and getting better battery than I expected. Let it drain completely then a full charge while off. Will get to play more with it over the next week or 2 , but so far impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

Could someone please tell me how to get one of these HD phones? A lot of people saying they have the Desire, but I'm looking for the HD.

Does one have to ring up individual shops??? If so, what shops are the most likely to have them?

JonJoeDali wrote: »
    Does one have to ring up individual shops??? If so, what shops are the most likely to have them?

Generally phone shops...

I'm not sure what stock levels are like, but Meteor & Vodafone stock this phone & eMobile will have them on Friday (apparently)

Generally phone shops...

I'm not sure what stock levels are like, but Meteor & Vodafone stock this phone & eMobile will have them on Friday (apparently)

Is the HD available on Meteor?

I'd prefer to go with Meteor as they seem to have much more generous data allowances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Is the HD available on Meteor?

I'd prefer to go with Meteor as they seem to have much more generous data allowances.

They must have as they've dummy models on the shelves.

It is available on Meteor but seemingly not in stock.

They have the Desire Z Smartphonene(sic) listed for €499 PAYG.

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/htc_desire_z/#what-you-get-tab

They must have as they've dummy models on the shelves.

Dummy HD phones?

Dummy HD phones?

As in the plastic models they display in stores to show you what the phone looks like and the size.

• Advertisement

Mines Desire HD on meteor . Bought instore on Friday . The store I got it in only got 1 and she said their "flagship" store in Henry St only got 2

Mines Desire HD on meteor . Bought instore on Friday . The store I got it in only got 1 and she said their "flagship" store in Henry St only got 2

I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what the story is.

I was told that the Athlone store is getting stock today.

anyone else here any rumours of stock deliveries in the dublin area?

I went in at lunchtime today.

Meteor won't have them for another "week or two", Three won't have them until the "first week of December" and Carphone Warehouse, whilst having a picture of it on display, told me to call back next week.

I checked in Blanch today & not one shop had a display model or either the HD or Z.

I'm relying on eMob getting them on Friday.

• Advertisement

eMob will have them on Friday eh??? Will that be in the city centre branch or out in Blanchardstown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

eMob will have them on Friday eh??? Will that be in the city centre branch or out in Blanchardstown?

On the emobile forum, one of the representatives has said they'll be getting them towards the end of the month. Starting from 130 on bill pay

I think with their cheapest bill deal (100 texts, 100min), you can add 1GB data for a 10/month, giving a total of €24/month. Phone will probably cost over 200 with that package, but it'd be cheaper than meteor's basic package at 30/month, albeit with less texts/minutes (same data).

All stores as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I checked in Blanch today & not one shop had a display model or either the HD or Z.

I cant see them saying that on the emobile forum. They said some time before the end of the month. Am I missing something on there?

All stores as far as I know.

Cool. I'll give them a try on Friday. I like the look of their unlimited data package.

• Advertisement
Advertisement