Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire HD Pricing Meteor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

conti wrote: »
    I rang today, it's December 31st :):)

I'm going to try the switch to O2 and try avail of the new customer online offers asap

Edit: Sorry, the bit I quoted made my post a bit ambiguous, I'm referring to when the deal for free calls and texts is finished.

Cheers - I know that had said November 30th previously.

Looks like I will be sticking with meteor for at least a year so, once they get the HD into stock so that I can get it off them.
    Anyone know how long it takes to switch to a different network and then switch back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Anyone know how long it takes to switch to a different network and then switch back?

I'd guess 4 hours. 2 hours each way.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pitbull_19

Why in gods name do they have the desire z in stock and not the desire hd? I went onto the meteor forum and a customer got in contact and this is what htc said

"Email from HTC Support:

Thank you for contacting us.

In regards to the sale of Desire HD.

Although the Desire HD is a very popular device, HTC is unaware of any widespread shortages in distribution. This maybe because of network branding issues before the device is released in the shops.

I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required."

basically meteor are a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Despite the fact that Meteor have never released a HTC phone with network branding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

pitbull_19 wrote: »
    Why in gods name do they have the desire z in stock and not the desire hd? I went onto the meteor forum and a customer got in contact and this is what htc said

"Email from HTC Support:

Thank you for contacting us.

In regards to the sale of Desire HD.

Although the Desire HD is a very popular device, HTC is unaware of any widespread shortages in distribution. This maybe because of network branding issues before the device is released in the shops.

I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required."

basically meteor are a joke

Maybe they just want to focus on Xmas sales for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Got a call from a meteor store today to say that they are getting stock this week and asking if i still want one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

chrislad wrote: »
    Their facebook page said they were expecting some in this coming week. Didn't give any mention to quantities.

i got a reply this morning from meteor on facebook saying the same as above but with "limited quantities"

Slightly offtopic but :

From what i understand most of the shops branded Meteor are like a franchise.
    They seem to be a separate entity contracted to meteor.

A manager in one of these shops was telling me about the hassle hes getting due to the lack of handsets. He put it like this....if "we" had the desirehd in stock we would be making alot more money right now and meteor would be keeping customers. He said he had waiting lists (each assistant has their own list) for the phone for weeks but some of those people have rang in to say forget it-theyr moving to another network for the HD....he assumed it was vodafone.

He speaks with meteor almost everyday day but no one seems to know why there isnt a supply. He thinks theres something fishy going on a little higher up the chain of command.
    BUT he also said about the 1st week of December .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

I wouldnt say its meteors fault tbh, the same problem has been happening with uk networks, people have been screaming out for the phone and htc have been delaying shipments.

A sim free one that I ordered from clove on the 3/10 was only posted today after a large shipment from htc to the retailer, so meteor will possibly get there hands on a batch any day now as alot of the uk retailers seemed to also be getting in stock today

iknorr wrote: »
    i got a reply this morning from meteor on facebook saying the same as above but with "limited quantities"

Slightly offtopic but :

A manager in one of these shops was telling me about the hassle hes getting due to the lack of handsets. He put it like this....if "we" had the desirehd in stock we would be making alot more money right now and meteor would be keeping customers. He said he had waiting lists (each assistant has their own list) for the phone for weeks but some of those people have rang in to say forget it-theyr moving to another network for the HD....he assumed it was vodafone.

He speaks with meteor almost everyday day but no one seems to know why there isnt a supply. He thinks theres something fishy going on a little higher up the chain of command.

Very few Meteor shops are franchises. The main ones are the ones that are eMobile and Meteor branded. I believe there is one in Nenagh, Carlow, a couple in Kerry. There are 42 official Meteor stores around the country, see www.meteor.ie. I believe nearly every one in Dublin is an official store, as such. Must be about 12 or so of them, I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Slightly offtopic but :

This is true, a salesperson in one of their stores told me they were essentially in competition with the online store on the meteor website which they were completely seperate from and that's why they couldn't offer the same deals. What kind of crazy way is that to run a brand, competing with yourself??:confused::pac:

Very few Meteor shops are franchises. The main ones are the ones that are eMobile and Meteor branded. I believe there is one in Nenagh, Carlow, a couple in Kerry. There are 42 official Meteor stores around the country, see www.meteor.ie. I believe nearly every one in Dublin is an official store, as such. Must be about 12 or so of them, I would think.

rickyjb put it simpler. Same as what im hearing.

The manager did mention meteor.ie they were undercutting the stores with the €10 off deals online, making it harder for them to compete...

Also when theres a problem with ur phone and need it repaired etc...you must go back to the store where it was purchased.

If you throw in the fact that carphone warehouse offer the same bill pay deals (free meteor calls and texts etc.) as the meteor stores but charge less for the actual phone you'd wonder why buy anything from the meteor stores. Unless you take into account that you actually have somewhere to bring it back to if it breaks down. I assume dealing with their online store if anything does go wrong is not a pleasant experience...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭EriT

''Hi guys
    To give you all an update - 110 Desire HDs were dispatched to stores yesterday evening, meaning they should arrive today.

This is a limited number per store so while the phones will be available today it is likely these will sell out quickly. ''

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=1265&st=100

few in stock today lads

I got a message from Meteor saying they have one set aside and on the way to the store for me :D.

Now I just have to find a way to actually get into dundrum to get the damned thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 No 7

I got a message from Meteor saying they have one set aside and on the way to the store for me :D.

Now I just have to find a way to actually get into dundrum to get the damned thing!

I was in Dundrum earlier and called just now and they said they don't have any!!

• Advertisement

No 7 wrote: »
    I was in Dundrum earlier and called just now and they said they don't have any!!

they said it would be there over the next couple of days, to be fair to them.

they said it would be there over the next couple of days, to be fair to them.

They also said in Dundrum they don't know when its coming in and they wont put me a waiting list, i rang there on-line sales team and the Grafton street store same answer!!!

I got a Desire HD today in blackpool cork. It was on hold for some fella who never showed up so the girl said i could take it.
    She said shes expecting another one to be delivered today.

I was wrong in my previous price of 180 on the plan for 50 euro. 12 months 50 euro 500 mins 500 texts. The phone is actually 209.99.

I questioned this and was shown the screen. I think the guy in wilton got it wrong.

Getting a voucher for a munster jersey also and a free internet dongle thingy.

It also comes with an 8gb card.

So ring around...you might get lucky with the availability

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Does meteor's Desire HD come factory standard or does it have any meteor labels/software installed - like a startup screen with the meteor splashscreen or something?

I'm considering going for this, but not sure if I'll buy it on contract or sim free yet

I got a Desire HD today in blackpool cork. It was on hold for some fella who never showed up so the girl said i could take it.
    She said shes expecting another one to be delivered today.

I was wrong in my previous price of 180 on the plan for 50 euro. 12 months 50 euro 500 mins 500 texts. The phone is actually 209.99.

I questioned this and was shown the screen. I think the guy in wilton got it wrong.

Getting a voucher for a munster jersey also and a free internet dongle thingy.

It also comes with an 8gb card.

So ring around...you might get lucky with the availability

When i rang the sales team today the price they quoted me was 179.99, 18 months 400 minutes 400 texts and 2gb of data.

• Advertisement

No branding...havnt checked if its unlocked yet.

Theres loads of prices depending on the tariff and if your a new customer to meteor or swapping from payg or renewing a bill contract. There were at least 15 different options with most prices ranging from 179 to 209. there was one 109 also on the unlimited tarrif. i think thats 85 a month.

EDIT: also depended on an 18 month or 12 month contract

picked up desire hd in the square tallaght today!!!!! €210 euro for the phone, €25 a months 18months with 400mins, 400txts and 2g data, and free meteor calls and txts and €6.99 a month for insurance ah yeah!!!! The offer i got is based on a promotional offer called friends and family, this offer was created to compete with the online store.

picked up desire hd in the square tallaght today!!!!! €210 euro for the phone, €25 a months 18months with 400mins, 400txts and 2g data, and free meteor calls and txts and €6.99 a month for insurance ah yeah!!!! The offer i got is based on a promotional offer called friends and family, this offer was created to compete with the online store.

Lucky you!!

Sounds like you got a good deal, for the same minutes, texts, data and no free meteor calls i would pay €50 a month as a upgrade and €179.99 for the phone!!!

How did you hear about that offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Got one today in Blackpool, Cork.. happy out now..

Fantastic deal, is this available to everyone?

well before i put my name down i kicked up a fuss sayn i gud get a better offer from the online store, so because they could compete with this they gave me the friends and family promothion which is 50% off ur bill plan, so im on the €50 bill smart, but getting it for 25e, i got an email with this promotion code

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭EriT

just got mine in the meteor shop in santry the only one the had left i think. got it on the Smart 35 plan was suposed 2be €269 but he miss quoted me €229 at the start so the manager said to give it to me at €229

unfortunatly its my christmas present so only got 2play with it for a few mins before it got put away by the mother :mad::mad:

at least you got 2 mess around with yours!!! mine is wraped already and in my girlfs house never even got to hold it!!! bring on xmas day!!!!

EriT wrote: »
    just got mine in the meteor shop in santry the only one the had left i think. got it on the Smart 35 plan was suposed 2be €269 but he miss quoted me €229 at the start so the manager said to give it to me at €229

unfortunatly its my christmas present so only got 2play with it for a few mins before it got put away by the mother :mad::mad:
    at least you got 2 mess around with yours!!! mine is wraped already and in my girlfs house never even got to hold it!!! bring on xmas day!!!!

i got mine as a christmas present too - but the fact I am paying 35 a month for it on bill pay means I refused to hand it over. Early Christmas present, oh YEAH!

Gave up waiting and bought the N8 for a hundred quid yesterday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

rickyjb wrote: »

Symbian OS :eek: Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

rickyjb wrote: »

That'll learn them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Few replies on the meteor forums to say they got theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Managed to reserve one in Carlow, does anyone have a "friends and family" code because i never got the email!

I would love you forever if you could pm me one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

greenfly wrote: »
    Managed to reserve one in Carlow, does anyone have a "friends and family" code because i never got the email!

I would love you forever if you could pm me one!

I wold like one meself, please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John Matrix

The phone will be obsolete by the time they start stocking it, any idea of the online prices for the HD? Is it €269 in the actual shops on the cheaper tariffs? The last time I checked they couldn't tell me for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Any word on when o2 are stocking this? Can only see it on the Vodafone website atm. Was gonna pick up the original Desire for xmas, but am getting tempted by this...

EDIT: That meteor deal mentioned above is amazing, too bad meteor have no coverage in my area.

JustinOval wrote: »
    That'll learn them.

They're really sound in that shop in tallaght, I only got it on the 30 euro a month plan but they just gave it for 100 which is the price on the highest bill pay plan.

Symbian or not I'm pretty happy with it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hey,

Im just about to upgrade from Desire to either another Desire or a HD, really not sure yet,

but can anyone tell me how to get the Meteor special offer(half price line rental...pretty please? Thanks

• Advertisement

You have to know someone who works for Meteor, and they can give you a code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

You have to know someone who works for Meteor, and they can give you a code.

Don't suppose you want to pm me a code :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

Finally got Desire HD on eMobile today. €229.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭derdider

JonJoeDali wrote: »
    Finally got Desire HD on eMobile today. €229.

F*ckers ! :D

Im waiting on mine for 3 weeks now with eMobile and keep getting told we should have them "next week" :rolleyes: Im getting mine for €50 though with our work deal !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 red_hot_nirvana

Does anyone know if o2 are going to do the HD? I was going to go for the desire until I started reading about the HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Does anyone know if o2 are going to do the HD? I was going to go for the desire until I started reading about the HD.

not before christmas, emobile have a big stock of them if anyone wants to jump ship I got mine yesterday, much nicer people to deal with than meteor too.

• Advertisement

mooman wrote: »
    not before christmas, emobile have a big stock of them if anyone wants to jump ship I got mine yesterday, much nicer people to deal with than meteor too.

Whose network do they use?

Whose network do they use?

meteors their eircoms new mobile network if you have a friend in eircom they can get you half price bills too

Ah, meteor has 0 coverage in my area, so much for that option :(

Ah, meteor has 0 coverage in my area, so much for that option :(

sorry for getting your hopes up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 red_hot_nirvana

mooman wrote: »

I wonder how long after christmass it will be before they get them in? Im only askin about o2 because i have a gold upgrade waiting to be used!smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement