Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another chancer....

• 15-10-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

From the Evening Hedild
    A DIRECTOR at the Irish Blood Transfusion Service clocked up an astonishing €130,000 in expenses over three years, the Herald can reveal.

Dr William Murphy shelled out the money on flights, luxury hotels, plush restaurants and gifts of wine for guests, according to figures released under the Freedom of Information Act.

The Four Seasons Hotel in Ballsbridge, the Hilton in London, as well as The Lobster Pot, Roly's and the Ely Restaurant in Dublin, all feature on the expense sheet of the Medical and Scientific Director.

Dr Murphy ran up more money than the then Chief Executive of the IBTS, and in one year claimed more than twice the industrial wage.

Labour Spokesperson for Health Jan O'Sullivan today called for a public explanation into the controversy.

Was he bringing the blood donors or his family and friends to the hotels and restaurants? They should make him re-mortgage his house to pay it all back...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Leech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God, if only I'd known Quangos were so lucrative...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

gifts of wine for guests

generous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

It just don't end... Madness.

The more you look the more you find, like dandruff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I'm surprised at my apathy and total lack of surprise that yet another F ucker has been caught swindling the coffers. I am surprised though that the media insist on digging up this s hit when we all know nothing will come of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It looks like the Christians no longer have a monopoly on turning wine into blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

One must only think they were all at it that nobody had the balls to stand up and question what was going on as they were also taking a slice of the pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭The After Hours Troll

Doctors, politicians, bankers, college lecturers: basically the elite

those who get paid salaries well into the 6 figure and 7 figure regions. They dont pay anything for the recession, they actually make money.

Its us small guys that pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

flyton5 wrote: »
    A DIRECTOR at the Irish Blood Transfusion Service clocked up an astonishing €130,000 in expenses over three years, the Herald can reveal.

All together now............ ♫ I wanna do real bad things to youuu... ♫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

mike65 wrote: »
    The more you look the more you find, like dandruff.

Yep, those annoying flakes at the top we can do without.

Biggins wrote: »
    It just don't end... Madness.

You could say that they've gone One Step Beyond.

Its a great big House of Fun for our senior public servants, (no I wont allude to them being a bunch of johnnies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

flyton5 wrote: »
    They should make him re-mortgage his house to pay it all back...

The was things are I'd say you'd have more chance drawing blood from a stone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

This is bloody unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

all the blood should be drained out of this leech every week for a year what a greedy ****e :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

I can't keep up can someone draw up a top ten,twenty or just leave it at top 100 like the programmes on Sky, best sitcom,top soap endings etc

call it Ireland's Next Top Chancer

You'll probably have to leave a few out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Was reading about this clown the other day, he gets paid something like €40k MORE than the head of the blood transfusion service in the UK.

I dont need to spell out that dear old Ireland has slightly less people than the UK but yet we feel the need to pay top dollar for heads of govt agencies...

Irish government sponsored by L'Oreal, because we're worth it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

With that money, they probably could've opened on a Saturday for a few hours every now and then. Y'know, so I don't have to go in on my lunch hour. Y'know, to stop them sending me letters and texts about SERIOUS SHORTAGES.

Seriously, I'm all for giving, but meet me halfway. And don't spend the money on ****e like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

everyday another story :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ah here ... this is just bloody ridiculous. Is the whole country involved in some sort of candid camera sketch?

And they'll suck our last drop of blood in next month's budget.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

they should probably just ask the man himself before publishing these things

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ah here ... this is just bloody ridiculous. Is the whole country involved in some sort of candid camera sketch?

And they'll suck our last drop of blood in next month's budget.:mad:
    ...And suck it dry they will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dr Murphy ran up more money than the then Chief Executive of the IBTS

Does IBTS stand for In Before The Spend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

This gentleman broke no law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

spending 130,000 in taxi's ,travel ,hotels and resturants over 3 years is astonishing .

and thats

1 boss in 1 quango.

no words for it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

The Four Seasons Hotel in Ballsbridge, the Hilton in London, as well as The Lobster Pot, Roly's and the Ely Restaurant in Dublin, all feature on the expense sheet of the Medical and Scientific Director.

You'd need baggy trousers to fit all those meals in. I'm surprised he didn't have a cardiac arrest.

He's an embarrassment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

fukit, id do the same. if you cant beat em, join em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

This gentleman broke no law

Obviously not,other wise the law makers would have to lock themselves up,that wouldn't do now would it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement