Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career advice RE repeating leaving cert *Miriam please help!!!

• 15-10-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,
    I am 23 and working in a job I really don't like. I have a 2.2 in a BA degree from UCD.

I was considering going back to do my leaving so that I could get into something like medicine. i'm not sure if this is a good idea as i would not have much financial support though as i have already availed of 'free fees' for my first degree.

I'm looking for financial advice and what the best way is to repeat the leaving cert? is it successful from home?

I have been researching this and 'miriam' seems to usually have sound advice but any help is very very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭kob29

How many points did you get first time around? If you're miles away from 570points or so it may not be worth repeating the LC, you could probably do a science degree and try for grad entry medicine but thats a long expensive route and you sound far too vague about wanting to do medicine to be in a position to make a commitment like that to a seriously tough academic course.

You need good quality career guidance at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I definitley wouldnt resit your LC, OP, there must be a different way into that field. Talk to a careers advisor or a professional.

Advertisement